“Lots of nice little surprises”

Residence Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Michigan
“Lots of nice little surprises”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We won this room on a cheap Priceline bid and were tickled with all the amenities. It was such a nice place to end our vacation in Florida with me, my husband and our baby son. There were lots of snowbirds staying here for the winter, and they lavished so much attention on our son, it made us wish we could stay longer. When we were there, they served two free dinners (hot dogs and hamburgers one night and a meatloaf meal the next) for everyone staying there, plus a full, hot breakfast in the morning. So our $50 Priceline room included two meals two days in a row! The pool was nice, as was the hot tub. Yes, it is close to the noisy freeway and I wasn't overly enthusiastic about the sightseeing spots in Boca, but it inspired me to think about becoming a young snowbird and staying right here with so many friendly people.

And p.s. I also read in the hotel literature that one of the services they offer is free grocery shopping, which would definitely come in handy if you were staying there long term.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank originalcynthia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saint Paris, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel is being renovated as I type this. Thankfully we were able to stay in one of the renovated rooms.
We were very comfortable and enjoyed our short stay here. We would have liked to stay longer to visit the local area. However, this was a business/family vacation for us.
We only had one issue, some dirt or something on the bed and night stand. Not sure where it came from but I called the front desk and they came right up an took care of it.
There is a nice lake out back if you a lucky enough to get a room facing the lake.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mmiller623
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Room was spacious with a small sitting area , kitchen and two Queen beds and a fireplace too. Morning Breakfast was great each day. Happy Hour looked good also. Pricelined this for $60.00 Avg. cost $189.00 per night. Location close to several good restaurants, grocery store and highway. A short drive to the beach 15 minutes. Well worth it!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We chose this hotel, since we had stayed here previously. There would be four adults and we needed two beds, and wanted a bit more room. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find out that they upgraded us to a "penthouse suite". There were two king beds on two levels, as well as two bathrooms. I like the Residence Inn, as there is also a full refrigerator - perfect to keep snacks and left-over dinner food.
We found everything to be clean - bedding and bathroom. Beds were also comfortable, and my children commented that it was the best internet connection they had had at any other hotel (even though it wasn't wireless). Best of all, it was free!
Beds were very comfortable, and we couldn't hear anyone else - I was a bit nervous, as I saw two college baseball teams staying there for tournament season.
Check-in and check-out were painless, and the help was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast included cereal, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, and waffles, in addition to coffee, juice, etc. We all walked away satisfied.
Right off the highway - it was easy for us to get to the places we needed to. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank happywanderers82
NJ
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I'd stay here again. Good location, friendly staff and clean rooms. The suites are nicely sized and very comfortable. The pool is nice and the grounds are really pretty.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJ777pp
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2011

What's good about this hotel - the location. What's not good about this hotel - everything else. I've never dealt with a front desk staff that had absolutely no interest in the guests. The rooms are large but look like time stood still. No wireless in the guest rooms - only in the gatehouse. There is a computer in the gatehouse for guests to use but it is slower that dialup! The breakfast buffet is a joke - like something off a Sienfeld episode. A number if "NYC" snowbirds stay at the hotel for the season and use the buffet like a supermarket. They walk away with boxes and trays of food. The boxes and trays are not supplied by the hotel - they bring their own. If you don't get there before they arrive there is nothing to eat. The woman who refills the buffet knows all the snowbirds well and caters to them and they slip her a few dollars when they are leaving. When I asked for the orange juice to be refilled she refused since there was apple juice. The buffet was a mess and she was busy talking to her friends. This fitness center consists of one treadmill, one stepper and a third piece of equipment. The train tracks run next to the hotel property and you can feel the vibration. Horrible oder around the grounds. Parking is horrible since trucks with trailers park blocking multiple spaces. This is a normal occurance since there is a sign in the lobby addressing this. I contacted Marriott through their website to complain about my stay. The hotels response to me was that they would address the situation and gave me 1500 reward points. Yeah - that will get me to come back - NOT!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank TravelLuver61
New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Could not get parking space near my room and had to walk a long way in pouring rain. Checked with the front desk to see if they had an umbrella I could use and got a real nasty attitude. The person lent me her own, but only with threat that I'd better return it by morning. I am a huge Marriott fan and I have never encountered anything like this. Was disappointed in the lack of wireless internet in the rooms. Breakfast was marginal. Maybe just caught them at a bad time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple