“Glad We Stayed”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
New England
“Glad We Stayed”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I have spent one March week for the last 10 years at various Residence Inns all over Florida. After reading negative reviews about the one located in Boca Raton, we nearly canceled our reservation. We are extremely glad that we did not. We just returned home after spending eight wonderful days there. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was quite professional and the general manager went out of his way to help me when i had a couple of problems that concerned my airline. The grounds are well maintained by a friendly crew. If i had to make one negative comment it would be that the housekeeping staff seemed to be quite unhappy even with the substantial daily tip we left. The location of the hotel is in an office park but there was easy access to all places that we wanted to visit. The money saved by staying away from a waterfront hotel allowed us much more freedom to spend the difference on ourselves. We had a great time and plan to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewEnglandPopo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Can't understand all the complaints. Stayed here for 4 nights and could not find a thing wrong. Room was very clean, yes it is the "older type" of Residence Inn but everything and everyone I encountered was outstanding. I watched the front desk clerk go out of her way to deliver packages to people at the pool. I also saw the pool attended jump to the command of a man who wanted the 3 leaves floating in the pool removed. Pool was clean and warm, breakfast was fine (its free folks)and beds really comfortable. The hotel is in a Corporate Park not an industrial park. I was leery to stay here after reading the reviews but I am sure glad I did and I wil be back very shortly. Nicole at the front desk was awesome and your cleaning staff should be commended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MAS2829
new york
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We only stayed here one night as a stopover from Miami to Orlando. Arrived at around 10:30 with 2 sleeping kids in the car. I had called from about 30 minutes to let them know we were coming. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and got us checked in quickly. It was a little difficult to find the room, but once we did we were pleased to see how large it was. There was a nice living room area, full kitchen, desk, 2 double beds, and a large bathroom with the sink area outside of the toilet and shower.
There was a coffee maker with coffee and even a bag of microwave popcorn. We did not use the amenities as we were heading out the next morning. We did partake in the complimentary breakfast and it was good. The only issue was that it was very crowded. Breakfast is from 7-9:30 and when we went at close to 9am it was full. Can’t really complain through as it was Presidents Day weekend and I would expect any Florida hotel to be packed. I did take a quick look at the pool, which seemed fine, there was a small workout room, and a little shop where you could pick up snacks and drinks. All in all it was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I thought the smell of a humid room would eventually get better after a the first night. Then I figured that this smell was because of Florida's humid summers, until I went to another hotel and discovered, "they don't all smell this way."
The desk staff is helpful and friendly, but not always accommodating. Without the nice maids, support staff and servicemen this place would be intolerable.

• Stayed December 2013
Niessa K, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Boca Raton. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me via email niessa.l.kinard@marriott.com. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We usually visit off season and stay elsewhere but couldn't so we ended up here. Staff was friendly , the rooms were dark and furnished with uncomfortable chairs , the bed was ok and the room was clean. Breakfast was just ok . It s not the best we have stayed at but it will do.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Niessa K, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for your stay. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and that we will use them as a training opportunity to improve future service with our guests. Please feel free to contact myself directly via email at niessa.l.kinard@marriott.com.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

Best Regards,
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Boca Raton and it was OK. It is a category 3 Marriott hotel. Beds were comfortable, though the linens and pillows for the sleeper sofa were less than expected. There was only one sheet for the sleeper sofa and no pillow. There were not enough towels or washclothes for the 5 persons in the room and missing amenity items. The room smelled musty and it appeared that housekeeping needs to pay more attention to the rooms.

The hot breakfast bar was mediocre - definitely not everything that was advertised on the website. There were also no upgrades available to MR Gold members.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Niessa K, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for your stay. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and that we will use them as a training opportunity to improve future service with our guests. Please feel free to contact myself directly via email at niessa.l.kinard@marriott.com.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

Best Regards,
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Our family of 8 came for a wedding and this worked very well for us. It was conveniently located, the price was decent and the amenities were plenty. We utilized the swimming pool, the small sport court (basketball & tennis), free wi-fi and breakfast.

I recommend it if you aren't looking for beachfront and top of the line facility.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jim K
Doris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be the right choice for you. . I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, pool, sport court and the complimentary breakfast buffer. I appreciate you letting others know about your positive experience!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.