“Fantastic location, great amenities and a REALLY heated pool”

Residence Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Rochester, New York
“Fantastic location, great amenities and a REALLY heated pool”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Let me start by saying we are very satisfied Marriott Rewards members who travel frequently and stay in Marriotts all over the country. But this location is BY FAR our favorite! For one, the heated pool is really HEATED (78 degrees, according to manager Scott), and this is the one extended stay we eagerly look forward to each year. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is always personable and friendly and the breakfast buffet is expansive and delicious. Can't do any better than this! Kudos to everyone at this property!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Darnestown, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks from April 1-14. It is a great place to stay, pool breakfast every morning, and 2-3 dinners every week. Scott Roberts and his staff are the best. The place is emaculate and very friendly atmosphere. I hardily recommend it for anyone. there are 1 BR efficiencies as well as regular 1 bedrooms and a 2 BR suite for larger families. you can't go wrong with staying here. even have a large lake 1.2miles around that is full of fish, but I forgot my fishing gear.

Room Tip: book early. book on the side facing away from main road. only 2 stories high with 115 units
Green Features: they have all environmental friendly features. we are asked to save on the usage of towels and stuff like that.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 April 2014

So there is much more good than bad here, but the bad was just plain annoying. First the good: VERY clean, comfortable rooms in a well laid out and easy to get around facility. Exceptionally nice and competent front desk people. Check in and out were a breeze and they gave us a nice quiet room. Breakfast was nothing spectacular but we've come to expect the same breakfast at every Marriott. Can we vote some regionalism in food? Just sayin'.

Housekeeping was a problem. The three of us arrived to find only one set of towels and no bedding for the spare bed. A little nagging later we get the bed linens and one more set of towels. Really? It took 'til the next morning to get it all straightened out. And then no shampoo or soap. We bought some. The devil is in the details and THAT is where this place has issues.

That said, we'd visit again....but we might bring our own soap.

Room Tip: Get one facing IN towards the courtyard and pond.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Steven K
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here while traveling on business. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen was stocked okay. I bought cookie dough to bake in the stove but there were no cookie sheets stocked in the kitchen, and only two spoons!. The friendly front desk person "looked in their stock" and sent over the cookie sheet quickly. There were enough towels for me but not nearly enough for a family of 4. Room had a nice lake view but it was dark outside of my room especially at night. Pretty quiet here except for the occasional rumble from a train going by nearby. If you're on the far end of the hotel, its a walk for breakfast. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the office.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JameilMCR
New England
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I have spent one March week for the last 10 years at various Residence Inns all over Florida. After reading negative reviews about the one located in Boca Raton, we nearly canceled our reservation. We are extremely glad that we did not. We just returned home after spending eight wonderful days there. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was quite professional and the general manager went out of his way to help me when i had a couple of problems that concerned my airline. The grounds are well maintained by a friendly crew. If i had to make one negative comment it would be that the housekeeping staff seemed to be quite unhappy even with the substantial daily tip we left. The location of the hotel is in an office park but there was easy access to all places that we wanted to visit. The money saved by staying away from a waterfront hotel allowed us much more freedom to spend the difference on ourselves. We had a great time and plan to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewEnglandPopo
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Can't understand all the complaints. Stayed here for 4 nights and could not find a thing wrong. Room was very clean, yes it is the "older type" of Residence Inn but everything and everyone I encountered was outstanding. I watched the front desk clerk go out of her way to deliver packages to people at the pool. I also saw the pool attended jump to the command of a man who wanted the 3 leaves floating in the pool removed. Pool was clean and warm, breakfast was fine (its free folks)and beds really comfortable. The hotel is in a Corporate Park not an industrial park. I was leery to stay here after reading the reviews but I am sure glad I did and I wil be back very shortly. Nicole at the front desk was awesome and your cleaning staff should be commended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MAS2829
new york
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We only stayed here one night as a stopover from Miami to Orlando. Arrived at around 10:30 with 2 sleeping kids in the car. I had called from about 30 minutes to let them know we were coming. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and got us checked in quickly. It was a little difficult to find the room, but once we did we were pleased to see how large it was. There was a nice living room area, full kitchen, desk, 2 double beds, and a large bathroom with the sink area outside of the toilet and shower.
There was a coffee maker with coffee and even a bag of microwave popcorn. We did not use the amenities as we were heading out the next morning. We did partake in the complimentary breakfast and it was good. The only issue was that it was very crowded. Breakfast is from 7-9:30 and when we went at close to 9am it was full. Can’t really complain through as it was Presidents Day weekend and I would expect any Florida hotel to be packed. I did take a quick look at the pool, which seemed fine, there was a small workout room, and a little shop where you could pick up snacks and drinks. All in all it was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family