“Very good Boca Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Canada
“Very good Boca Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

My family and myself, stay at this hotel at least 2 times a year. It is very clean, and the rooms are spacious. The location is very good. It is near many restaurants and shopping. Also close to the highways. Although it is older and can probably use a bit of a face lift, we have found the accommodations to be good. It is very hard to find an all suites hotel in the ft lauderdale area with these kinds of rooms. Also to comment on the breakfasts. We have stayed for some as well as left to go out for breakfast. The food is fine. Sometimes people are way to critical and don't look at the big picture. This hotel is good, with several amenities and the price is decent. I have no problem with this hotel and will return later this year with the family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is an older Embassy, but very clean with a friendly staff. The gentlemen at breakfast had great service with a friendly smile. I did not get the omlet maker's name, but he was very cheerful and made a great omlet. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept well. My only complaint was the 10 dollars a day for internet.

Room Tip: A Commuter train runs close to the highway side of the building. You can hear it but it goes by quic...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Parkland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed for a business trip this past week and although satisfied, couldn't help but feel the hotel needs a face lift. I was in a non smoking room which i believe at one time was probably smoking. It had a stale smell but once the air was on and circulating seemed to improve. Seems as if the bathrooms have been updated and new carpeting but the room itself felt dated. I enjoy the convenience of a fridge in the room. There's also a microwave and coffee maker although the coffee wasn't replaced nor was the bag for the ice once used. Hot breakfast is provided daily as are happy hour refreshments. Although I was really disappointed that the free drinks were literally no name brands. Not even first tier liquor. I guess I'm spoiled by going to Hilton Suites when I stay in Boca - better quality food and beverages for sure and the hotel feels higher end but similar pricing.

Also pool here is in the shade in the afternoon (shaded by the building itself). Gym is very nicely equipped however of the 3 treadmills only 2 TVs were working and at 7 am when I walked the only news station that worked on my tv was a Spanish station. As a matter of fact only 3 channels worked. So it was Spanish tv, infomercial or Law and Order.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your business travels. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. We will also note your recommendations for enhancing our manager’s reception offerings and I’ve also contacted our service provider to investigate the limited channel options. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Thank you Again Tony
Washington, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

this hotel was nice and quiet, had all emenities we needed, free beverages and snacks nightly and breakfast made to order for free as well. the rooms needed a little updated decor however. i would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: our view overlooked the city in a beautiful view, we were on 6th floor. also looked over pool
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhett R
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Good location easy off I-95. Friendly staff. Good manager's reception. Try the sangria. Full breakfast but you have to ask for peanut butter...trend at Embassy Suites in Miami area. Tourists take too much is what I have been told.
Clean rooms, abundant parking. Fitness center good sized but equipment needs better regular service. Two pieces needed minor repairs. Nice pool. Would return. Many good dining ops nearby many wallking distance others short drive.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Im here at the Embassy Suites for vacation. My room is great, location is not the best of locations. The pool is small and has alot of leafs floating around in it, dirt in the jacuzi, and not much sitting room around the pool. I asked the front desk for a charger and they looked at me like a dear in headlights. They said they had some chargers in the draw amd when i asked to see them they came up with a lazy excuse. I asked repeatedly and she kept saying "no they are old old chargers". As a guest if you tell me you have chargers than let me see what u have. Dont just try and push me away because u dont feel like going through the draw to help me. This was on September 27th around 5:20 pm. I work at a Hilton and we do all we can for the customer no matter what the circumstance may be. We go over and beyond and to see them brush me off the way they did makes me happy to work where i work. It does not happen there.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our pool area. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work with our maintenance team to improve our guests’ experiences. In regards to the level of service you received from our staff please accept our dearest apologize. This is not typical of our staff and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

The hotel is set amongst a group of similar suites hotels with very little around it. It has a large car park and is very close to the I95 highway. Staff are friendly and there is a largish pool with ample sitting area around it. Surprisingly for a modern hotel there is no free Wifi ($9.95 a day) although there is a business centre and internet kiosk with free computer access.

Given it's isolated location you will need to drive about 3 miles to find shopping and restaurants at the City Centre Mall.

As usual with Embassy Suites the breakfast is fine and the free 2 hour (5.30 - 7.30) cocktail reception is welcoming. The only other downside to the hotel is that the public areas seem to be overly air conditioned and the atrium area where food is served and the reception held can be quite cold. The rooms are in a square around this central atrium.

The standard rooms we had was the 2 double bedded bedroom with a seperate living room with double sofa bed;fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid the noise and cooking smells from the kitchen area in the atrium.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family