“VERY NICE STAY AT THE EMBASSY SUITES BOCA ROTAN..”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Sebring, Florida
“VERY NICE STAY AT THE EMBASSY SUITES BOCA ROTAN..”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Most everything about the Embassy suites is very good..The property and pools are is beautiful..The 2 room suite is perfect with the frig and coffee maker The bed is excellent with a quilt cover..Love the pillows too..But don't try to adjust the A/C temp warmer..We moved it to 80f with no response..I stays cold.. Our room was freshly renovated and everything was new, including the carpet..It still had that strong New Carpet smell..The shower was great as the oversize bath towels..
From 5:30pm till 7:30 pm the have a Complimentary cocktail hour which wa great..Gary our bartender was super.."Don't forget to tip" He is worth it..The snacks were average.
After we had French onion soup and I was not impressed..Maybe me..? Our second evening we went out to eat.
Overall the staff was very nice and we had a nice stay..We will return on another Florida Road Trip..

Room Tip: The upper floors have a great view from the balcony..
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Würzburg, Germany
Reviewed 18 September 2013

You will never find such an excellent breakfast all over the country. No plastic cups, plates and cutlery! America is starting to change his "throwaway society image". This is honorable. Staff was very friendly and helpful but service is improvable: In the first day room service "was just forgotten", second day we had to move in the evening from one room to another "because of renovation works" although there were plenty of rooms unoccupied. We will surely come back again when the hotel is renovated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Overall I love Embassy Suites and have stayed in many of them across the country. This one has a very nice dining atrium. The food is excellent and they have a new head chef (who I happen to meet in the elevator) who was extremely excited about great things coming to the hotel. The rooms are being renovated and I stayed in one of the older ones which was fine. I was surprised there wasn't water in the refrigerator but the front desk was happy to give us some.

The only issue over the weekend was the bar. There is a nice looking full service bar but paying $11. (each) for a vodka & tonic and a vodka and club soda is outrageous. Some of the finest hotels and bars in New York City don't charge that for a simple cocktail. Not to mention that there was more soda than liquor in the drink. Extremely disappointing so our night at the bar ended quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind and honest response. Our new Chef is for sure someone we are quite proud of and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet him. Please come experience the newly renovated us in the near future!!!
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is nice. Nothing fantastic, but good service, free breakfast and happy hour. If you are looking for a safe area, comfortable bed and great freeway access, this is your hotel. As parents of a student at Florida Atlantic University, this is our " go to" when visiting our son. Nothing spectacular, but great prices and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LakeMaryCindy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Embassy Suites is usually a favorite place of mine to stay. This was my first visit to this location. It was under renovation which it obviously needed. The check-in was pleasant. When I needed information about local restaurants, I was referred to a location on the wall which was not a very inviting display. The carpet on the first floor should have been replaced years ago. It was neglected too long. The room bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. At the manager's reception, my brother was told that he needed to bring his glass back for a refill, which I felt must have been a health violation of some type. When I returned and ordered a glass of pineapple juice, I was not asked for my old glass, which I was relieved about. As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at Embassy Suites across the country and have never been asked to return my glass for a refill. The chief at breakfast was nice and prepared a wonderful omelet. The servers never cleared our table of empty dishes. The staff needs additional training in customer service. They were nice but not very attentive. I am not sure if I will ever return to this location anytime soon. It may be better after the renovations but they still need to work on the service in the restaurant area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deasgabills
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I want to thank you for sharing your honest and constructive criticsm with us. I can asure you that I will address your concerns with the proper departments and will use your words as tools for training. Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel at 561-994-8200 ext. 169. Thank you, and we certainly hope you give us another oppportunity to prove to you what we truly strive for in our newly renovated property in the months to come. Seth Berkeley
Miami, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Embassy Suites is always a great choice. The service is outstanding. Their rooms are spacious, clean and very well decorated. The suite style rooms provide extra space and comfort. They provide top of the line service for an affordable price. It even includes a delicious breakfast, which makes your life easier when away from home. I will definetly stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2013

stayed there 3 nights. 1st night we had 3 issues. called the front desk, detailed them. they did send up a maintenace man, immediately. that was impressive. note this, He carried with him NO tools and No repair materials. for 3 serious issues. So how could he fix anything ?

1. TV remote didn't work. we really couldn't watch TV, in either the bedroom nor the living room. he could NOT fix either one. he said it was the weather, we were having some storms. so what ?
2. the toilet was plugged. he did NOt bring a plunger with him. he throws some toilet paper into the toilet and it did flush, but very slowly. he remarked, it's OK now. it was NOT.
3. hot water NOT hot. he remarks, we're on a high floor. so what ? he had NOT heard of a hot water re-circulating loop. All modern day lodging properites have them.
it insures there's always hot water, on demand, every room.

again, the maintenance man some lame excuse, and left. he did hang around for a tip, which he didn't get, because he didn't fix anything.

bottom line, we had NO TV for 3 days. no kidding. for real. I read a book instead.

I will never, never, never stay there again.

what a poorly run properly. there were actually some other small issues in the breakfast area, but I do not want the reader to mis-read the fundamental issue. this wasn't just an unqualified maintenance man, the entire hotel had other help that was poorly trained and poorly managed.

and I can honestly make this comment, because I actually have true hotel GM ( general manager ) experience.

this property is a disgrace to the brand. or maybe there is a new lower standard to the brand.
it's NOT my standard.

pathetic.

Room Tip: book a different hotel, no kidding. I feel fundamentgally the physical plant, ie the building itself...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
I want to express to you my extreme apologies. We strive for greatness but for sure fell short with your visit. I would love the opportunity in the future to show you the real us on our game. Please feel free to contact me at the property for a specialized reservation. I can be reached at 561-994-8200.