“Fast service!”

Sushi Yama Incorporated
Ranked #147 of 811 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fast service!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I went with my daughter, a friend and her kids. We were in this Japanese setting booth, took off our shoes and ate in there. I liked it and the kids enjoyed it because it's different having to take your shoes off. It was a bit too dim, took time for my eyes to adjust to look at the menu and had to actually turn on my flashlight in my phone. Food, service and price were good. We enjoyed the visit.

Florida
“Excellent food for locals”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is a popular local sushi/Thai place. We dine here regularly. Excellent food. Fast service. Always delicious. The only negative is the wait staff are not very friendly. But that does not stop us from coming back again and again.

2 Thank travelingfourFlorida
boca raton
“Great sushi... Aloof wait staff”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Yes we walked in at 12:45am BUT they close at 2am... The waitress was practically rolling her eyes. She rushes us through our order and before I can finish telling her what else I want she grabs the menus and walks away... Ugh
This is my 3rd time here and it's always THE SAME crappy service by the Asian staff... Maybe it's the culture. I am sorry if I offend anyone but I am simply writing about MY experience ALL THREE TIMES... The only staff that has greeted me EVERYTIME, is an older gentleman that is in a suit (a manager or security maybe??)
I continue to go here because THE SUSHI IS FABULOUS and the place is VERY NICE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.... They have these awesome little tables that are behind curtains, that are private and cozy to sit at. PLUS, where else are you going to eat at 1am??? Lol

1 Thank ca2jarman
Boca Raton
“Bad Bad Service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

my wife and I live across the street and have been coming here for many years. Came in last night / Weds. an hour and a half before closing. We sat and sat.. waiters walking by, place was very slow.. we were ignored.. the last straw - when a waiter came and looked at us but kept walking by!
I will not be returning..
Boo Sushi Yama !!

1 Thank MarkCLPo
Fredonia, Kentucky
“Every Chance I Get”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've been going for sushi at this establishment for well over a decade. I've never had a bad experience. I used to make it a ritual to go there for my birthday meal for years because I should have what I desire the most on my birthday. The staple to the menu is their signature rolls. Sit at the bar, order a drink and a signature roll and a lot of times the guys behind the counter will just start giving you stuff.
My favorite roll is the crunchy roll. It's served with this kimchi sauce that will make your mouth water for more the rest of the day. It's delicious. I also love their dragon rolls, and every once in awhile I splurge on a piece of the Blue Fin Toro when they have it.
All in all, if you love sushi, you should love this place. After reading previous reviews, some people believe that the reason this restaurant is packed is because of the decor. That couldn't be further from the truth. Of course, the restaurant is opulent and chic. However, the restaurant is packed because many locals have been having it for years and they couldn't imagine going anywhere else for sushi. Many of the sushi restaurants around town just pale in comparison.
This place is not expensive. If you're going out for sushi, you expect to pay a good price. The prices here are incredibly reasonable. If people want cheap all-you-can-eat style sushi and run an incredible risk of consuming raw fish that has a higher likelihood of containing food-borne illnesses, there are plenty of places to go for that. Sushi Yama has a great product and a loyal clientele. I look forward to every meal, whenever I get a chance.

• Visited January 2014