Cabbage Key Inn
Bridgewater Inn(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$152
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$343
  • Pool
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$238
Travelocity
US$266
US$198
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
Official Site
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel(Cape Coral)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$99
US$88
Travelocity
US$99
All reviewscheeseburger in paradiseold floridadock masterwater towercabbage patchpunta gordanature traildollar billkey lime piejimmy buffetshrimp saladmahigopher tortoisesstone crabthe cottagesonly accessible by boatpine island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is not your spot. If your looking for a memorable little burger joint like no other in a location like no other, this is your spot. Never stayed in the cabins but they look great. I'm always tempted to ditch the family for a week of solitude.....Hemingwayesq I guess.
Love this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank homebody12
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed your visit! Come stay with us sometime. Our cottages sleep anywhere from 2 - 8 people. Some have kitchens and docks. From here you can easily get over to Cayo Costa by boat or kayak and enjoy the beach. Give us a call when you are ready to get away! See you soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I think I finally figured out why these people have no concept of customer service... there's nothing else around where you can take your boat, dock and have a lunch or dinner. Staff is rude and people keep coming! I am guilty myself of giving a terrible review and then came back yet again 2 days ago for overnight docking and dinner and breakfast.
On my previous review I mentioned that they don't provide French fries with their cheeseburgers because they don't want to be bothered and it's easier to get some chips out of a bag. I have a correction to make... it's not chips, it's potato salad. It still shows how they don't want to be bothered working to please. A better example might be their breakfast. All egg orders are comprised of only one choice: scrambled eggs, that's it, no fried eggs or any other form, just whatever is easiest for THEM! This pretty much sums up their attitude. These people have no notion of customer service and apparently don't have to since there's nothing else like it around and people keep coming!
I love to visit Cayo Costa once a year by boat and since Cabbage Key is so close we sometimes stop there for food and docking. That's the ONLY reason we stop there: Cayo Costa State Park and taking a break from hiking.

Room Tip: Don't go there is the best tip I can think of.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank charles a

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Cabbage Key. I am sorry that Cabbage Key does not meet your expectations. As per my response to your review in May, 2013, we do not serve fries or chips - we never have for 35+ years - we only serve potato salad or coleslaw. It is not that we do not want to be bothered - this is our menu, and this is what we serve. Our eggs are scrambled - they are clearly listed on the menu as Three Eggs Scrambled. Again, as per my response to your review in May, 2013, we do have all of our menus posted on our website so our guests know what to expect when they arrive. Again, thank you for your review and sorry that we do not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I needed a little getaway before the holidays so this is the place to come to get away from the crowds. We rented a boat from Action Boat Rentals and spent two relaxing days here. We stayed in the "dollhouse". This small cabin is a reminder of old time Florida. It was very comfortable, clean and private. The staff was very helpful during our stay and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. We ate in the restaurant 3-4 times and the food was very good as usual, the menu is limited but ample. Our experience was very good and I'm sure we will be back. (we've eaten at the restaurant since the late 80's many times)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Dollhouse Cottage. Early December is a great time to come to Cabbage Key and avoid the crowds. Renting a boat is a great way to visit the barrier islands and beaches in the area. Thank you again for sharing about your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Friends were visiting from Washington DC and we decided to rent a boat from Jensen's on Captiva and boat out to Cabbage Key for lunch. Had a wonderful day. I had not been to the restaurant in probably 15 years. It is a unique place, just as I remembered. We were in the mood for burgers and ate outside and enjoyed the food and views. The dock master was a young man who was very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend visiting. My friends were talking about coming back and renting a cottage at some point.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn B
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

It is nice to read that you and your friends had an enjoyable day on the water visiting Cabbage Key. Cabbage Key has probably not changed much in the past 15 years...but, all of the accommodations have been updated and remodeled. Have your friends give us a call to check dates and reserve! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Of course we had the Cheeseburger in Paradise. And it was as wonderful as described in the tune of the same name. Dinner was just as good. As was breakfast the next morning. Staff greeted us like we were family; went out of their way to pamper us. We like pampering. We walked the trails, climbed the water tower. We would have enjoyed having more places to explore, but then having Adirondack chairs in the shade and a couple of good books were marvelous substitutes. The dockmaster was on holiday, so we couldn't determine whether he was as malevolent as others had claimed, but the assistant dockmaster was gracious, even taking time to identify and chat with us about fish near the docks. Our room was cozy and spotless. There was no television, so we made our own entertainment. It was all lots of fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerric0

It sounds like you had a enjoyable, relaxing stay. Come see us again soon!