“Quaint with an excellent view”

Capt'n Con's Fish House
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Bokeelia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Valrico, Florida
“Quaint with an excellent view”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We found this restaurant while exploring the north tip of Pine Island. Located right next to the waterfront across from the fishing pier it provides a nice view while dining. The prices were reasonable with the courses being primarily seafood of course. Restrooms were clean, the staff very friendly and the food good. If you are out in this area give it a shot.

• Visited August 2014

Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Eat the pie, skip the rest”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Gorgeous location. Musty smell. Boring menu. I hear the pies are great so make it a dessert stop. If you like iceberg lettuce and diced tomato salads and fried everything, this place is for you. Not me.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank buddhaboi_7
Roodhouse, Illinois
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We drove all the way out to have lunch at Capt'n Con's. I wasn't disappointed. I ordered the soup, which was recommended by a nice gentleman and by the waitress. It was amazing! So much flavor and full of all kinds of fresh seafood! My daughter had the shrimp dinner and thought it was excellent, ate all the shrimp, which is rare. My husband had the Fried Grouper basket and said it was Good. I had to try the Key West Pie, which was WONDERFUL. Nice and tangy but not too over the top. The crust was perfect. I will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“No Con at Capt'n Con's”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Bokeelia has been our list to see since we moved to the area and the drive to the end of the island landed us at Capt'n Con's Fish House. After a short walk down the pier we stopped in for lunch.

Since it's a fish house I had to try the fried grouper basket, which was a daily special that day. The fish was lightly breaded and fried nicely. The basket came with fries and cole slaw. The fries were crinkly cut which meant they were frozen and I should have asked for them to be cooked extra crispy. The cole slaw was excellent - I just wished they had served a little more than the 2 tablespoonful size condiment cup it came in!

From their advertised home made pies, we chose to try the Key Lime Pie. It had a nice delicate lime taste and was not too sweet as some Key Lime pie can be. There was a nice thick layer of whipped cream on top - enough to spread around on each bite!

The restaurant is not fancy but the food and service were good. The view was wonderful. It's worth going back to and we will do that in the near future!

• Visited July 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Fun and Funky”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and 2 friends went by boat. I'm guessing it would be almost as much fun going by car. Old time Florida, and have to try the fish chowder. You will definitely need to take a day off from your diet though.

Visited March 2014