“Holiday Innn & Suites - Bonifay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bonifay
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The front desk staff were amazing on check-in. The room was clean, bright and updated. I did not have a reservation and the front desk clerk made the entire process extremely easy and quick. Checkout was equally simple, the clerk was very attentive and pleasant (for 4:30 a.m.) and got me on my way quickly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We booked this as a stop on our way to Birmingham from Florida. After a great dinner at Castaway, we checked in using my reward points. A complimentary bottle of water would have been nice considering I am a platinum priority club member but I guess that is not the case when using points. The request for an upper floor room was fulfilled, the bed was comfortable as expected and the décor was different from most of the HIE's we have stayed and I liked it a lot. We would definitely stay here again when traveling this direction.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Room nice and clean, comfortable beds, great breakfast, alot for a picky eater, if you have one....nice and friendly staff.....just as I expected....we were tired and slept well, had a great breakfast and back on the road......

Room Tip: we stayed near the lobby several doors down from everything you would need.....we slept well....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean and updated hotel and rooms. Well-lit parking and good area. Breakfast was great. Glad we stayed here!
Beds were comfy and we slept well, hallway near lobby is loud at night but not unexpected.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Ok so I will admit that we are pet people and one of the greatest attractions to this place was not the welcoming employees who greeted you or the friendly resident truckers who called this hotel home on the road. Nope it was Shadow, the resident cat that greeted everyone who came to this lovely hotel. He knew his place outside and everyone who graced the doors brought him treats and was rewarded with a warm purr. This hotel was our stop for the evening before visiting the Florida Caverns. The gal at the front desk was super kind. We inquired as to where to eat dinner and she steered us in the right direction to Castaways, a little mom and pop eatery across the street. While we dined, she personally checked our room to make sure we had additional towels, linens for the pullout, etc... I highly recommend this location!

My only complaint which is with all HI Expresses is that they change the shower heads as they either spray around me as I am short or power wash cycle Including more luggage stands in the room so I don't have to put bags on the floor and constantly bend over to dig things out would be a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth1022013
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room was clean and somewhat spacious for a suite with king bed and sofa bed. Breakfast was good. And we lucked out finding a room on a Friday night not far from the beach. There was a box in the kitchenette area that had flatware, plates, corkscrew, etc!
BUT the AC had two temperatures: on, it was like the Arctic Circle, off, it was like the desert. The bed was right next to the unit by the window. You couldn't sit there because it was TOO COLD! There was no sink at the bar/kitchenette area. Floors needed extra padding because we could EVERY step the children above us took! Sheets for the sofa bed had stains on them. The shower head was lose and sprayed water everywhere.
While I was happy to find a place at the last minute, I will keep looking next time we need a room in that area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank latink
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear latink,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am pleased that our location worked for your trip and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. On the other hand, I am very sorry for any inconvenience that room condition, particularly the air condition and noise challenges may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was good. Wasn't dirty or anything. The staff was nice enough. The room was fine. Nice and cool on a hot summer evening and it was clean. The bathroom was clean but was a little ... like the caulking was starting to come off the times and such, but nothing bad. Just could use some touch ups. We didn't go to the pool or fitness center, but the breakfast was good. Overall the hotel was just as expected - 4 stars. Some HIE get 5 but 4 is what we expect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonifay
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
8 mi away
Chipley Days Inn
Chipley Days Inn
#4 of 4 in Chipley

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay? Share your experiences!