“Good thing I wasn't in the shower...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Having called the desk to report a non-functional air conditioner I was told that it would be addressed. My wife and I had to leave the hotel for a time, and left a "do not disturb" placard on the door.

We returned to find the manager and a maintenance person in the room with air conditioner parts all over the floor, their having disregarded the privacy sign and entering anyway. I can think that if either my wife or I were in the shower we wouldn't have heard a knock on the door, and could have walked into a very embarrassing situation.

We reported the violation of privacy request to the corporate office, who contacted the manager of that location. The manager had responded that she felt it was OK to enter the room since she "thought" we wanted the AC fixed. I disagree. A privacy request must absolutely be honored in a hotel. We then contacted corporate again. We were told that they would be in contact with us within 72 hours. Two weeks and an email later we've not heard a word.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Privacy is disrespected.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Andrea S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am very sorry you did not receive the level of service that Homewood Suites are known for. It is my absolute goal to ensure that every guest have an exceptional stay. I agree we dropped the ball in this instance. Again I sincerely apologize and that night offered you a resolution for your inconvenience. I do hope you will allow us to make it up to you next time you are inthe area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for three weeks in March. The hotel was very busy but a good find. We liked the location which is in Bonita Springs, a place we have visited many times.
Though small the rooms have a kitchenette with fridge freezer, microwave and even a dishwasher. Breakfast was plentiful and the four evening meals provided weekly are a great idea. The food is fairly basic and usually on the lukewarm side but there is always a good salad.
If we stayed again We would choose a quieter time of year but can definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel! Our guests feedback is very important to us as we use these to help improve our guests experience. I have taken note about the lukewarm food and will make sure moving forward we serve our food at the tempertures required. Thank you again for choosing Homewood Bonita Springs as your "Home away from Home"!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Liked the separate bedrooms and bathrooms in the 2 bedroom suite with additional living space. Great location as far as close to restaurants, beaches & shopping. Will use again next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Andrea S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We take great pride in meeting our guest’s expectations. We value your business and will continue to work hard to not only meet but to also exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed here and was disappointed. The accommodations were very nice. beautiful, spacious, clean rooms. but, the evening dinner and breakfast left much to be desired. I travel for business every week. I am a Hilton Honors member, and was totally surprised at the lack of variety for both meals. I traveled with two co-workers and they were both not impressed either. We recently stayed at a competitors suites hotel and absolutely loved it, so thought this would be comparable. Esp. since it was over $100 more a night. I would think twice about staying at another Homewood Suites in the future!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JCarr35392

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We at take a great deal of pride in meeting our guest’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated. I will use this to make improvements to better our guest experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We just returned from a week in Bonita Springs and really enjoyed our accommodations at Homewood Suites.We shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with another couple and it was perfect - very spacious and great housekeeping services. We loved that supper was included 4 evenings of the week- food wasn't fancy but was all we needed. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and I feel you get excellent quality for the price. It's spring break time in that are of Florida, and comparable hotels closer to Ft. Myers were $100 and up more per night! Clean rooms which include a refrigerator, free supper and happy hour on weeknights and a decent breakfast at no extra cost. The location is good, the parking is easy. I really like this hotel!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. If you are traveling with a large party, the two bedroom suites are perfect!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were here for Red Sox spring training and did not want to stay in Fort Myers. This place worked well for us, and made it easier for us to visit Naples, which was part of our trip. Nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean and quiet, and parking is easy and free outside the hotel itself. They do have a free breakfast, although we preferred to go out for that. They also have a small pool, but we did not use it. The satff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
North Naples
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
#5 of 15 in Bonita Springs

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs? Share your experiences!