Days Inn & Suites Bonita Springs North Naples
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Elmhurst, New York
“BED BUGS!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I usually choose Best Western hotels for their decent pricing & convenient locations. So when I decided to stay at this Bonita Springs Best Western for a getaway to enjoy the last days of summer with my daughters before they begin school, I thought it would be a good experience as always. First, rooms are painted a gloomy blue. It's like you're in prison, very depressing. Even though there is no smoking, rooms wreak like cigarettes. My daughters complained of the smell the moment they walked in. After the second night, I woke up to a sting on my arm, I immediately checked the bed and spotted a bed bug. I killed it leaving a stain on the bed skirt and saved the bug on a tissue. I pulled the mattress over to check for more bed bugs and noticed behind the beds there was white powder sprinkled on the rug under the head board. Anyone who has seen the news the past few months knows this is a HUGE sign bed bugs were here before and they tried to take care of the situation. I called the manager, VINNIE PATEL, who was quick to dismiss I got bit by a bed bug and told me to prove it. Lucky, I saved the bed bud on a tissue and showed him. Even after feeling so stupid he then tried to say it wasn't a bed bug. He pretty much told me if I was dissatisfied, I should leave. REALLY??? That's the answer I got. This manager needs a course of customer service. Instead of being apologetic, he tried to make me feel as though I didn't know what a bed bug was and I didn't know what I was talking about. Long story short....DON'T STAY HERE. Pool was equally disgusting, pool chair pillows have mold and are so dirty I can't believe they would still keep them. They have a hot tub you can't even use because the water is ankle deep and it's cold! Also, be aware if you have a room that faces the pool, you'll probably be awaken by all the trucks that stop at the gas station right next to the hotel, nonstop flow of trucks all day all night. The only nice thing I have to say is that both Vicky and Amber were professional and very helpful. One of those girls should be the manager and put Vinnie to clean the very rooms that have bed bugs so he can learn what a bed bug looks like! Totally disappointed but I won't let this Best Western ruin the other great ones I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 219.....that's where the bed bugs are!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ccarzon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed at this Best Western several times over the last 10 years and loved it again! Great price and short drive. What I mean by 'short drive' to the beaches, a few miles. I consider that close for the price you pay for this hotel. Closer to the beaches, and add $100-$200 at least.
This hotel is nicely updated, great priced, and clean! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to save some money, but still have a clean, updated hotel to stay in!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We found the bathroom clean, but not functional. It had a vessel sink with a single faucet. You could not get a cold drink from the tap and the vessel sink took up most of the counter top. There was very little counter space to put all your stuff. Also, all soaps were in a liquid soap dispenser (in the shower and on the counter) so you don't know what brand of soap you are using. If you have sensitive skin, bring your own soap. The shampoo was also in a wall mounted dispenser in the shower and you don't know what you are using.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 293ednab
Coral Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Completely exceeded my expectations. Best Western has earned my business for any future lodging needs. The entire place was extremely clean and nicely furnished. Everything was modern and functional. Would highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

First, a comment on a couple of comments I saw on reviews before I actually booked a room here for three nights recently. Yes, my room (a mini suite and quite roomy and comfortable) was on the dark side. To me, it provided some relief from the bright Florida sun. And yes, the statues outside are unusual, but nothing really weird about them. They are anatomically correct and include a copy of Michelangelo's "David," so be prepared, if you catch my drift. Rooms have recently been renovated and painted with a somewhat darker shade of blue (which explains the darkness), and the mini suite is quite roomy. But because the TV is in line with the bed, it's not very comfortable to sit on the small couch or chair to watch it. The bed is also next to the A/C, and when it clicks on, you have to turn up the TV to hear it, which makes it too loud when the A/C clicks off. More important, if you are on the side of the bed with the A/C, you probably are going to get more cooling than you may want. The closet is roomy. The service was friendly enough. We were greeted every time we passed the desk, and when my wife reported a leak in the bathroom from the room above, we were immediately moved to another on the same (first) floor. Overall, the room would probably rate a "4", but it gets a "3" for two things. One is the fitness room, which is very small and with only a bike, treadmill, and an elliptical machine and no instructions on how to set up any of them. No weight machines or weights, but because the room is so small, there probably isn't enough room any way. Oh, yes. There aren't any windows, so it is darker than the rooms! (But there is a TV.) The other is the breakfast room. It is very, very small (five tables), and the selections were limited to the inevitable waffle, pastries, and cereals plus coffee, tea, and juices. There were no other hot entrees, though hardboiled eggs were offered each day. If we were to return to the Southwest Florida area, we probably would look for something closer to the beach. It's about 5 miles away. Other than the McDonald's next door, most of the restaurants are about 3 miles away on U.S. 41. On the other hand, the hotel is right at an exit off I-75, and there is a Publix about a mile away. Oh, yes. There is a Hess Express next door, and early in morning after my first night I was woken up with the sound of truck backing up with a warning beeper, but it was not a problem the next two mornings.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul B
Toronto, On
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The bed was extremely comfortable (that along with a great looking room are at the top of my priorities when searching out a hotel)... loved the decor and comforter! Very chic! Very clean hotel. Close to the beach. I stayed in various Best Western hotels on the West Coast of Florida during my recent trip and this along with the Beach Resort at Fort Myers were my favourites. The value for the month of April was just outstanding at Bonita Springs!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel four years in a row in January and once in March. This is the cleanest, most accomadating, and reasonably priced place we have found in SW Florida. The ownersmaintain a high level of service and include a breakfast to start your day for you. A couple of years ago they overheard our conversation in the lobby that we were about to go shopping for beach chairs and an umbrella. They had these items, I assume a guest left them behind, so they offered them to us! A nice tauch! We feel very comfortable returning and staying here and the hotel is very conveniently located.

Room Tip: No smoking Floors!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple