“Lovely rooms, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Bonita Springs North Naples

Days Inn & Suites Bonita Springs North Naples
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Wexford, Ireland
“Lovely rooms, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Looks like this hotel was upgraded recently and the rooms are very nice. Could do a bit better with the lighting in the rooms and provide hot water. Nice staff, nice pool, (spa not working while we were there). Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Brecon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the 22nd November 2013 for 2 nights. We has room 201 which is adjacent to the elevator on the 2nd floor. There was no lift noise, but on the first morning, early, we could here a group of people talking while waiting for the lift. Our room, a Queen with large sitting area containing a 3 seated sofa and single arm chair, was very clean and comfortable. The colours, a dark bluey-grey matched with black polished tiles in the sitting area, did make the room look small, but was cozy with the bliss drawn and settled down for the evening. I think that it id an attempt to give the rooms a "Boutique" look, it works, butt is strange for the USA. The location is very convenient, being just on block from the interstate, turn in by Mc D's.. The entrance and grounds are impressive with statues abounding, gaining a very Italianate impression.All corridors are internal, with the third floor being for addicts (smokers!). Unlike one previous reviewer we couldn't smell and Asian food smells, nor find any evidence of bed bugs.
The welcome was poor as we were not greeted in any way, nor made to feel welcome. This aspect of the hotels management needs attention and some training is required. We had only intended to stay for one. night and added a second on-line, but the receptionist couldn't confirm that we could have the same room the following day, asking us to contact her the following morning (which we did). Another example of where training is needed. The management should have contacted us!!.
The breakfast area is small, and exacerbated but having such an early 6.00 - 9.00 time limit -even on weekends. The breakfast was the usual "continental", but no more.
There is a. very small fitness room containing a bike, treadmill and Nordic type trainer, whilst the pool area was a good size.
We liked this hotel, and with a little more attention to detail could score an excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Bradenton, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Lobby was nice and clean, got a smoking room on the 3rd floor. Room was very clean and updated. If you are a smoker, but do not smoke in your own home, don't get a smoking room. It is strong smoke smell. Otherwise, great TV, bed is great, pillow are awesome!!! Shower is amazing with a massage level. Gorgeous sink in the bathroom. Had a fridge/freezer with a microwave on a shelf above which is awesome since I brought my own food for my stay. Breakfast area is kind of small, but the breakfast food offerings are great!! I will stay here again when I have to stay in that area!!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker and do NOT smoke in your own home, do NOT get the Smoking Room!!! It is complet...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Best Western in Bonita Springs, Florida on Oakland Drive is very modern, very clean, and very comfortable. Décor was outstanding! Breakfast in dining area in a.m. available too. We were 100 per cent pleased with every aspect of our stay at this location. If you stay here go eat one of your meals at Dolly's just a few miles away. It is a family owned and delicious food and priced reasonable too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Temple Terrace
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in a queen bed suite for $60 on Saturday night for leisure. The room was big and nice and definitely in my price range. The staff were very curteous and breakfast is included. The beds were quite comfy too. Definitely worth the stay.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here back a couple months ago (I thought I had posted a review, but guess I didn't). Check in was quick and easy. We went to our room and started looking around. Got a phone call from the front desk that they needed us to come back and see them. Apparently they gave us a room that had not finished being cleaned so they gave us another room down the hall. It was at the end next to the ice machine and we thought we might have issues, but didn't hear anything from outside the room all night. It is apparent that the rooms have recently been remodeled. It was clean and comfortable. The beds were really comfy. Only issue we had was the toilet wobbled when you sat on it like the tile was uneven, but other than that, everything was great. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is without a doubt the WORST Best Western hotel I have ever stayed at. OMG. I made this reservation through Priceline, this hotel is what I got after bidding for this area. I have always tried to avoid this particular hotel after haven read all the bad reviews. Upon check in I was 'greeted' by a very miserable unfriendly Indian lady (turned out the be the owner). I had reserved 2 nights but needed to stay in town an additional night, so I contacted Best Western to take advantages of a 'free' night which I was offered a long time ago. This hotel is dirty, stinks of Indian food (it is my understanding the Indian owners live, cook and eat on the premises) I would never have stayed here the additional night had I known 12000 points were needed in order to get the free night, of if I had known I had to pay the full price. This hotel is HORRIBLE and not a 2.5* hotel as advertised. The entire hotel is dirty, stinks, is very dark and small. And there are cameras everywhere (the only time I saw that before in a hotel was in Hollywood where all the celebs stayed. I doubt any celebs stay at this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I also learned that this hotel allocates mostly smoking rooms so that when guests arrive and request a non smoking room they will be charged and additional fee.

So I booked an additional night using my 'free' night. When I went to the front desk to recheck in I was 'greeted' by a rough looking elderly woman who was eating her cheese burger from Burger King and had her packet of cigarettes next to her, ready for when she was done eating her burger! She had clearly no clue about the 'free' night voucher I had, so she took down all my info given by Best Western and said she would let me know if there was a problem. Since I had received confirmation from Best Western I was under the impression my new reservation was confirmed and in order. When I returned a few hours later to the hotel the old lady had locked me out of my room, when I confronted her I was told she needed additional information about the 'free' night I had booked. I gave her what she needed and went to bed that evening but when I then went to check out the following morning, the same old woman told me that there had been a misunderstanding with the 'free' night and I was then asked to pay for the additional night. I told her I did not understand where the confusion was and asked for her manager. That turned out to be the rude Indian woman who checked me in upon my arrival. She was also being so rude to me and told me I had to pay for the additional night because there had been a misunderstanding. I asked her how that 'misunderstanding' had not been discovered the day prior so that I could have checked out and stayed elsewhere. She rudely told me the 'misunderstanding' was discovered the night before at around 10:30 PM and that I was lucky she had not just thrown me out of the hotel there and then!. WOW. She called Best Western and a huge argument then broke out. When I went back to my room to collect the rest of my stuff they had locked me out once again. I eventually got all my stuff out of there and just left the hotel. After leaving I called my bank only to find out that the hotel had charged my credit card for the additional stay WITHOUT my permission. I called the hotel back and they rudely told me they did not want to talk to me and that I could do whatever I wanted. That was after I told them I was going to dispute the transaction. When I was at the front desk trying to solve this matter with the owner, the old woman walked away from me and said it was not her problem and to only discuss it with the owner. There are no words for these people's behavior and how they are in business is BEYOND me. I in the end was able to solve this matter with Best Western direct. Never again will I stay at this hotel and to anyone who plans on staying there. Book somewhere else. I am not the only guest who had issues with this hotel. Just read the other reviews. WOW.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo