“Great views but room for improvement”

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were part of a wedding party where bride and groom prepared for the day in the same suite they would be staying in for their big night. Needless to say my husband and I were part of the bridal party so we were able to see the rooms when we first checked in as well as when the bride and groom checked out. The suite didn't get cleaned or refreshed where the bride and her bridesmaids as well as the rooms where the groomsmen prepared for the big day. The resort was very accommodating with early check ins and late check outs but I would have liked to have seen the rooms refreshed. I was disappointed there wasn't a coffee maker in the room and I had to walk down stairs to get Starbucks to have my morning cup of coffee. Overall it was a mixed review for me.

• Stayed: November 2013
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our resort. We're grateful that you brought to our attention that the room was cleaned only one time that day. This presents us with an opportunity to provide better service to our guests in a true Hyatt manner. We're very glad that you found our staff very accommodating with the check-in and check-out process. We hope you will provide us with a new opportunity to delight you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,073)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed there for two nights in October 2013 for a firm retreat. This Hyatt is a more compact than some Hyatt's I have stayed at but not surprisingly it was maintained in top notch condition. The grounds also are smaller than some resort Hyatts but they were beautiful. This isn't a sprawling Hyatt. The two pools were very nice - though I did not go in either. One is clearly suited to adults and the other for the family. It is not a beachfront hotel but you are overlooking mangrove-like areas and bodies of water that connect to the gulf. We didn't go to the beach but I believe you need to take a shuttle. While you can't walk to shopping the hotel access road is just a short car ride to the very large Coconut Point shopping center.

For a conference the facility is a good choice for a group that doesn't really want to be in a hugh convention areas with multiple other groups. The convention facilites are good sized and very nice but they don't look like would accommodate multiple very large goups. I liked that because our group of about 130 seemed like we had much of the convention space to ourselves.

Food for our group was consistently good for group event food. Service was the typically excellent Hyatt level and staff were friendly throughout. Rooms were very functional and well kept but not large by any means. They had two large Newfoundland Dogs in the lobby as mascots or something and they were a very nice touch. Friendly, playful and BIG.

All in all, a perfect place for our group. It would be a nice place to stay for sure but if you want the beach and tennis just a walk down a path, you might look at Hyatt's larger resorts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa. We're so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your recommendation. Our Newfoundland mascots have made a wonderful addition to the resort, further emphasizing our family-friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my second stay at the resort. I was there to attend a conference for work. My last stay there was 2 years ago for the same conference. Let me just start by stating that every service industry provider could certainly learn from the excellent customer service provided at this venue. From check in to check out and every experience in between I felt like an honored guest. I love the upgrades that they have added since my last stay; especially the 2 beautiful Newfies (Newfoundland dogs) in the lobby. This time I took advantage of visiting the sister property for an afternoon at their wonderful pool area and I also went over to the island beach for a few hours. What a treat! The food provided at the conference was good and the food in the restaurants even better. My room was spacious and well appointed; with super-comfy beds and wonderful pillows. I would definitely stay here again and again if I get the chance!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you Bobbi for such a wonderful review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the free time to enjoy many of the amenities we offer. We would be thrilled to welcome you back to the resort for business or leisure travel. When you need a tropical fix, we're here for you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. The price was a little steep ($160/night), but the hotel was really nice. The entire staff certainly understand customer service. Everyone made me feel welcome and did their best to provide great service. I really appreciated that.

You get free champagne when you check in - that's always a plus. Check in and Check out were a breeze - no problem at all.

This hotel has free Wi-Fi in room and lobbies! Hurray!!!!

The rooms were nice. I didn't find anything about them overly fantastic, but they were nice and suited the purpose.

There is no beach nearby. The hotel has a boat to take you to an island (15 min or so)where you can get some beach time. I found it a little inconvenient, but it was a nice enough beach.

The hotel is in the the middle of a mangrove swamp area. The bugs were pretty bad when I was there. I was really bitten up while enjoying some R&R on one of their decks just off the lobby. I'm still itching.

I never had food at this hotel that I didn't love. They had outstanding food. The breakfast buffet was really expensive ($22), but it was really good. I only ate their once because of the price. If it was a little cheaper I would never have missed a breakfast there.

Room Tip: The higher the better - great views that go on for miles.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Beta7
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Our location on the protected estuary provides a haven for dolphins, manatees and thousands of migratory birds that delight our guests year round. We're very happy that you enjoyed the dining options at all of our restaurants as well as the professional service from our friendly staff. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This property is wonderful!!! Staff is friendly, and professional. Restaurants are amazing, and the property is beautiful. Must take their boat ride to their private beach. Lounge chairs with umbrellas await your arrival, and then you see the dolphins !!!!! The beach is filled with seashells, and swimming in the sandy bottom ocean with dolphins within 50 feet of us.
I can not saw enough a bough this Hyatt. We needed a relaxing vacation, and that is what we got, along with meeting the best hotel staff ever!!!! We will return again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Beverly, thank you very much for a wonderful review. Our secluded island and beach are a highlight of vacations in autumn when so many other regions are experiencing the first cool temps of winter. All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Spent quick weekend. This place is worth the money. Very professional staff, super clean, and the options of things to do endless. We tried almost everything ; the beach boat shuttle, the slides at the pool, the great buffet breakfast selection, the sister property lazy river!!! We did not have enough time to do the spa and roast marshmallows at the fire pits but that just gave us another reason to want to come back. I would say great for anything from business and families!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We're very happy that you were able to enjoy most of the amenities at our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back so that you have the opportunity to enjoy our spa, outdoor camp fires and dining at Tarpon Bay restaurant.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Reviews were so good I thought they must be writing their own! Absolutely not - this is a wonderful place to stay. Check-in was pleasant and we were offered a glass of chilled champagne. Our room was on a high floor with a useable balcony and great views. The room was clean, large with comfortable beds and a large luxury bathroom with twin sinks. At check out a lovely lady who worked for Hyatt spoke with us and, having heard our accent, introduced us to her colleague Emma who originally lived very close to our home! Both of these ladies were very friendly and welcoming as indeed were all staff we encountered at this hotel. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for odd numbered floor (larger balconies here) and the higher the better! Our room was south fac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Libby, thank you for a wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations. With a caring and friendly staff, we strive to make your vacation as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Please let us know when you'd like to visit again, we're looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Inn on Fifth
#3 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!