“Better than I imagined”

GreenLeadersGold level
atlanta, GA
“Better than I imagined”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Absolutely beautiful grounds. Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved mascots, Hoss and Honey Bear, very docile new foundlands found near the registration desk. The sound of water from all the fountains are very soothing throughout the patio area. There are many private sitting areas just waiting for you and a good book or to take a relaxing nap. We enjoyed the complimentary 15 minute boat ride to the private barrier island for beach access and especially loved talking to the knowledgeable boat captains. Tip...take food and drink with you as there are none available on their beach. There are restrooms and many umbrellas and beach chairs. Take your own towels. Rooms are restful and have all amenities needed...ask for a room with a balcony as not all rooms have them. Most have been completely renovated and have ample electrical outlets for all your electronics. Food at hotel very good but there are so many affordable restaurants near hotel, many in the Coconut Point mall area across the street from entrance to hotel. Seek out the Fish House, a local inexpensive place for great seafood a few miles from hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room on a higher floor for great views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kat4152
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for a great review and recommendation. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa strive to make every single guest feel welcome and right at home. Our canine mascots, Hoss and Honeybear, help to spread that feeling when they greet you in the lobby. Many guests find our tranquil grounds a great place to relax and unwind, we are very happy you found the same during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent two nights here between Christmas and New Years and had a wonderful time! It is a beautiful property with multiple nooks to rest and relax. My fiancé and I were able to completely decompress! Although the hotel was clearly booked, we never felt overwhelmed by people and we always could find a spot to sit and talk quietly.

The staff was very Hyatt friendly and efficient and the two meals we had at Tarpon Bay restaurant were outstanding!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We're delighted to hear that you and your fiance enjoyed your experience at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa. Our resort is a popular spot for couple to visit and unplug, recharge and relax. With one of the largest spas in Southwest Florida, three pools, secluded island beach and acres of tropical landscape, there's always a quiet place to be found - even during the busiest times of the year.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the very near future.
New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Looking for a warm place to travel, and a last minute deal, I came upon one that included this Hyatt. While not cheap by any means, (they charge $23 a day resort fee) this was a high quality experience. Although I didn't pay for an upgrade, which might of have afforded better views, I did look out through huge windows on a mangrove and had a partial view of the water/sunset. The room was pristine, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing. I was charmed by the light sensor in the bathroom at night which shined on my feet and turned off when I returned to bed.

There are three sizable pools, with one huge pool devoted to families. Unfortunately, you cannot swim after dusk, and, at this time of year, they really tried to wrap up swimming around 5:00 p.m. A quarter-mile boardwalk (or van) takes you to a boat. 15 minutes later you land on Hickory Island, a beautiful beach for shelling and swimming. Umbrellas and lounge chairs await.

Hyatt staff really understand customer service at its finest. Staff is friendly, helpful and effective! Concierges are ready to find the right activities for your taste. Lots to do in the area if you like nature, which I do, or shopping.

While I often ate out or purchased food at the supermarket, the Hyatt's Tanglewood restaurant was well run, and the food was delicious. I enjoyed lunches by the pool, as well.

All in all, a very restful, interesting, and elegant vacation.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank juniemoonie
Dear Junie, we're so very glad you had a great time at our resort and found it a high quality experience! It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer including the beach shuttle to our secluded island, three pools and recent energy-efficient room upgrades.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is my second time staying at this fabulous resort. I thought that coming Christmas week, I might be disappointed with the atmosphere and service. My first visit was in early September when the resort was pretty empty. This week, it has been chocker block full. However, the resort has been as restorative an experience as ever. Despite the full-house of people, the guest experience has been terrific. We have not seemed to be all over each other and the fact that the resort has the kids and adult swimming pool experiences separated is a HUGE plus.

The service has been outstanding and, again despite the high occupancy, the Hyatt staff have remained as friendly and high spirited as I remember them in September. I have to believe that the leadership team here does a great job in building a team spirit with clear goals, deliverables and accountabilities to see this high level of customer focus during a time when the house is full.

One downside, if you want easy access to a beach, is that you have to take a 15 minute boat ride out to a barrier island to get to the beach. There are restrooms out there but no food or drink so you have to bring these with you. We enjoyed it for a couple of hours but, if you have young kids, this would be difficult.

We hope to come back and experience this oasis again, any time of year!

Room Tip: Bay-facing rooms have better views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review, we are grateful. Like you, many guests visit the resort for a restful, relaxing experience, a visit to the Spa and enjoy some tropical Florida ambiance. We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Our resort was voted in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the entire state of Florida and it really shows. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future visit.
Boston
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have stayed here about five times over the past decade. Unless one really wants to "pick" (rooms could be a little larger, showers a little more luxurious, etc), this hotel is near flawless. There are many places to relax--both inside and outside. It's maintained well; people are always cleaning, landscapers are always trimming. And, everyone says hello! One improvement is that the beach has been enlarged, We'll return. Why not?

1 Thank chap4
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for a great review! We enjoy welcoming frequent visitors back to the resort. Our beach on the secluded island was renourished over the summer and now reached much farther out into the Gulf of Mexico. All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort are looking forward to your next visit.
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We visited this fabulous hotel for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend 2013. The minute we checked in and were presented with a champagne cocktail I knew we were in for great weekend. The staff was fabulous, from the concierge service , to the front desk to the restaurant staff. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the grounds were extremely well kept. To sit outside in the evening with a glass of wine, listening to the fountains was a completely relaxing experience. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be pampered.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Joan, so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We thank you for sharing your experience and for the recommendation. Looking forward to welcoming you back when you need some warm Florida weather.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I spent 5 days at the Hyatt Regency (Dec 14-18), and it was wonderful! I recently left a job after 12 1/2 years, and had 3 weeks off before I start my new job. I needed time by myself to decompress and just hang out. I couldn't have picked a better resort!

From the moment I arrived, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Having left Minnesota in snow and cold, it was a treat during check-in to have a mimosa offered to me (which I took willingly). They also gave me an upgraded room with a view of the ocean, which was great! It was fairly quiet since it was the week before the holidays. But, it was just what I needed as I wanted to be alone to clear my mind, take walks, sit in the sun, soak of the warmth.

The grounds and pools are absolutely gorgeous! I ate at Corkscrew (poolside) and the fish tacos were the best (as were the many signature cocktails). The staff was very accommodating and attentive. I also ate at Tanglewood one night for dinner, and I had the entire patio area to myself with more attentive service.

The thing I found amusing was the staff remembered the wine that I liked. And, even remembered my name at Mangroves (since I was in there every night for Happy Hour, which is really good, too)!

Overall, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point couldn't have been better. Hoss & Honey Bear are a fun addition, since they are just great BIG dogs! And, a fun way to meet other people. Thanks for a great time and space to decompress.

Next time I come, I will bring my husband as we want to play Raptor Bay Golf Course. I walked over there in the mornings, and it looks like a fabulous course. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Get a room on 7th floor or higher to get the views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Jo, we're so glad you found the rest and relaxation you were seeking at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We're so very happy that you enjoyed your stay, the amenities, restaurants and cuisine and especially the service provided by our staff. We wish you all the best at your new job and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Hyatt House Naples
Hyatt House Naples
#5 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,004 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!