From the outside the building doesn't look like much, the landscaping is nice but nothing really stands out. Ha! Don't judge a book by its cover! They have managed to successfully combine a contemporary look with that lazy beach feel. It will let you mix business with pleasure and no stress involved.
The lobby is elegant and comfy at the same time. When we checked in we were greeted with a glass of champagne with our room key as well as polite, pleasant professional staff.
We had one of the suites (see pics) and it was the best of both worlds. We had all the basic techno stuff mixed with all the comforts of home; plus some. The entry way was inviting and practical at the same time. Nice ceramic tile (no sand in the carpet) with a spot to put all your beach gear and a bathroom you can get to without walking on the carpet, smart thinking. The bathroom off the living room has a toilet, shower stall; sink and for some strange reason; access to the balcony. Great for the kids or a quick rinse after the beach.
The kitchen area had a nice round kitchen table that seats 4, sink, coffee maker and mini fridge in the cabinet (a microwave would have made it perfect). In the living room, there's a nice size flat screen and balcony. And of course the usual couch (I believe it is a sofa bed), chair and a few round end tables.
The bedroom has a closing door for extra privacy ;) as well as it's own bathroom, coffee maker and mini fridge. The bathroom is nice enough but it has a partition between the toilet and the rest of the bathroom. I thought it was a sliding door; which would have been nicer no biggie. Overall it was well equipped and nice sized. The bedroom has a decent size desk and chair, a lounge chair with a small table, night stands and entertainment center (with all the hook ups built in) as well as a separate balcony that had no furniture for some reason but the bed was nice and comfy.
The grounds are beautiful and there is a lot to see (see even more pics) with plenty to do. From rockwall climbing, golfing,fishing to waterslides and of course the spa. Something for everyone. Lots of cozy little spots to sit and relax; the wi-fi is everywhere so staying connected with no disruptions is easy
We were there for a conference and sampled plenty of their banquet food. I wasn't thrilled to see birds hovering around uncovered fruit at breakfast or uncovered food at dinner (buffet style dinner) making everything cold. I think if it would have been presented differently it would have been very tasty because despite it being cold I was hungry and sampled what I could and t had some good flavors.
Overall I would recommend it because if you're creative you could do it with your family on a budget; splurge on a suite and still not break the bank. The location and the grounds make it worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa... where tropical gardens, warm breezes and sparkling waters of Florida's gulf coast create a casually elegant retreat for leisure vacations, business conferences and any occasion. Your aquatic adventure is here with extraordinary resort amenities including five waterslides, four pools, a lazy river, beach on an island offshore, wildlife preserve and more. Watersports rentals, kayaks, fishing and day cruises are available. Five restaurants and bars including a coffee shop and marketplace, seafood restaurant, American restaurant, cocktail lounge and outdoor restaurant and pool bar will satisfy your cravings throughout the day. Rejuvenate at Stillwater Spa, a full service spa with massage, facial and body treatments as well as a full beauty salon. With 82,500 square feet of flexible meeting space, two ballrooms, numerous banquet rooms, and abundant outdoor locations, we can accommodate gatherings from 20 to over 1,400 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Hotel Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Regency Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort And Spa Bonita Springs, Florida