“Private little oasis”

Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We L-O-V-E this place and have been coming for the past several years. This property is a hidden pristine jewel. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the pools are never crowded, the lazy river is a stress buster and the private beach is guaranteed to please. This property is part of the Hyatt Residence Club. We are owners at another facility, but Hyatt allows you to use any of their properties within the Residence Club so we come here every year. The area has so much to do (message me if you want a list), great restaurants ( I'm happy to give my favorites), and the luxury of a beautiful fully furnished condo set in a very private location. Hyatt takes great pride in their property and it shows in every little detail. If you are interested in becoming an owner(which is surprisingly affordable) please mention my name! They even reward their owners for their referrals.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bridget B

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This resort is top notch. We enjoyed all the amenities. The pools are great, the lazy river is great. The bar service at the veranda (Jocelyn) was wonderful. The registration desk was nice. Oh, you must must must go take the trolley to the marina and then the ferry to the beach. The beach is private and there is no concession so if you have kids, bring your own. As for adults, grab a towel, bottle of water and go. You don't have to stay long because the ferry leaves every hour. Hey, we ain't into fancy schmancy but this place was great. The golf club isn't my cup of tea but it looked nice. So go and stay, you'll love it.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pris V
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband took my dad and step mother to the Hyatt Coconut Plantation for a 7 day vacation.
What a beautiful resort. We had a 2 bedroom lock off unit which gave us each privacy. The adult only pool was awesome being that my parents are elderly and needed some quite time. My husband and I enjoyed the lazy river, lazily rafting along, we did that each day. We will definitely go back again if a trade becomes available. Bonita Springs is a lovely little town nestled between Ft Myers and Naples. Lots to see and do with restaurants and shopping nearby if that is what you like to do. Or you can take the shuttle over to the marina and go to the resorts private beach. We all had a wonderful time. The bar staff at the Veranda was awesome, treated us so well. Missing it already

Room Tip: Rooms in building 3 are the closest too the pool area for the children. So if you want a little bit...
1  Thank minjim
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose the Hyatt Coconut Plantation because of the lazy river. We enjoyed it because of the many wonderful experiences that Hyatt provides it's guests.

First off, let me start by saying that our trip did not start off the best. We got in late, we reserved a studio room with two double beds through Hyatt Gold Passport. (There are not double beds in the studios, btw. Be ready for a King and a pull out which is actually quite comfortable.) Once they explained that little tidbit, we were fine. However, that night, my daughter got the stomach flu. The next morning, we requested we get a different room. The staff was VERY accomodating, and actually worked it out that we could have an upgraded 1 bedroom unit for the next 3 nights, and then go back to a studio the last 3 nights. That worked out perfectly for my son's 4th birthday we were celebrating. A special thank you to Mary and Karla for making my son's birthday and our entire trip special.

A few tips:
The Lazy River is the best I've been in. Very relaxing.

Take the trolley over to the Hyatt Regency at least once. The driver is wonderful.

The private beach is beautiful (shared with Pelican Landing Condos), but we only made it out there twice during our week long stay. The last boat back is around 5 o clock, so if you are expecting beautiful sunsets on the beach each night, stay at the Hyatt Regency in Clearwater Beach.

The Veranda offers coolers packed with ice for your trip to the beach for free. There are no concessions on the island yet. (They are working on it)

If you go to the Hyatt Regency, say hi to Honey Bear and Hoss, the Newfoundland dogs, and their owner Paula. It was the highlight of my kids' trips.

Try out the slide at the Regency, and see if you can beat my speed of 6.95 seconds. I was told by the slide operator that I was the fastest he's seen. I will be updating my Facebook status with this tidbit shortly.

Last but not least, utilize the safe in the room and lock up your smartphone while you go to the pool. Nothing is happening in the world that is as awesome as your trip to the Hyatt.

Room Tip: There are no double beds in the studios. Be ready for a King and a pull out which is actually quite...
1  Thank Riso30
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 3 nights here for Memorial Day weekend. I cannot say enough good things about this resort to do it justice:) Upon arrival, we were met by a guard at the gate who checked to make sure we were registered prior to letting us enter the resort (Great job Hyatt), we loved seeing that. It would be great if there was someone there EVERY weekend (hint hint)!!
We arrived early but attempted to check in anyway. The front desk people are always so nice and accommodating. Our room wasn't ready, but she alerted housekeeping of our arrival and about 1/2 hour later, our room was ready(thank you).
As always, our 1 bedroom unit was in perfect condition and spotless.
The activities at the resort, especially this weekend, were amazing:) Great job to Ray and the rest of the staff! There were BBQ's which you could purchase and were all you could eat. There was a giant waterslide for the kids which my 4 year old grandson loved!!!! The DJ keep everyone dancing and having fun so I give this weekend a perfect 10!!!
We do order breakfast and it is always wonderful. Sometimes the service at the Veranda Bar can be slow and slower, but this weekend we did not experience any problems. The food came out quick and tasted good. Maybe there were more cooks, wait staff and bartenders. Whatever it was, keep it up:)
The pools are always beautiful. This weekend was exceptional at the pool. Because of the high volume of guests, the hotels guests from the Hyatt Regency next door were not allowed in:) The timeshare owners and their guests had the whole place to ourselves which kept the overcrowding minimal LOL:) Thanks again HVC!

The No see ums were out in full force this time. I brought special no see um bug spray which keep the bites to a minimum. But hubby didn't want to use and and is suffering from the itchiness:( So, bring bug spray and use it if those tiny little biting bugs bother you!

We will definitely keep coming back :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful. There are only 3 buildings so you are close to everything no matter wh...
1  Thank MomWifeGrammie
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are owners at another HVC, but this one is much closer to our home so we like to come here quite often. This however, was the first time with our gandchildren. The lazy river is a hit. We went around countless numbers of times, the activities for the kids were for the most part fun. But $2.00 for a sno cone? I know, I know it's a Hyatt. For the lazy river scavenger hunt, it wasn't made clear that you ONLY win a prize if you find the coin with a W on it. Our grandsons faces just sank when they found out they got nothing after finding the gold coin. The gold coin could be enough of a prize. Come on, got some cheap plastic beads, a free ice pop, let them keep the coin, something. They're kids. I got them sno cones and told them they won that.
The unit itself while still quite lovely is starting to show it's age. They are impeccably clean but be sure to check the stack of magazines for toe nail clippings. Furniture is chipped and worn, appliances are obviously older and dented, plates are scuffed with silverware marks, patio chairs are torn, a screen was torn, numerous spider webs in the corners of the patio and the railing on the outside of the screen was very moldy.
We ate at the Verandah bar and grill a couple of times. And we waited and we waited and we waited....... The first day over and HOUR and a HALF for two sandwiches, a wrap and some chicken tenders. We thought we'd try again the next day, not quite as bad but still over an hour. Do yourself a favor, if they offer the buffet, do that.
We tried to use the fire pit for s'mores one night, but were chased inside by the no see ums.
The staff was wonderful and there for our every need.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful surroundings! Hyatt has provided a beautiful relaxed setting for families or couples to enjoy. Wonderful lazy river pool among their 5 pool choices! Waterfalls everywhere. Spent many hours floating along. Actually rather quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Trianon Bonita Bay
#8 of 15 in Bonita Springs
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hyatt Coconut Plantation? Share your experiences!