“Very good!”

Handel's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Bonita Springs
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

After being ranked top 10 in the US for ice cream, I wanted to give Handel's a try. First off, it should be mentioned that their many flavors listed on their website is not the case in the store. They maybe had about 15 flavors to choose from and I didn't see anything too unique. I chose a chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and truffles in it. I asked for it in a cone and when it was given to me, it was almost as if it was a whole pint in the cone. I couldn't believe my eyes. You do get what you pay for, but this was almost ridiculous and extremely messy. It was probably 5 inches from the top of the cone. The ice cream, however, was very good. Tasty, even though I was covered in it :) I have to say, though, that I still like Royal Scoop better. They have more flavors to choose from and it has more of an "ice cream shop" feel to it. It wasn't a very comforting environment at Handel's. All in all, good ice cream with great flavor. Make sure you ask for only one or two scoops. Unless of course you're starving for ice cream :)

• Visited July 2013
Krystle C, Owner at Handel's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor and we appreciate you stopping in for some amazing ice cream. I'm sorry if you missed half of the ice creams on the board, but we always carry 30-36 flavors at a time. Also, the website just lists the 100 + flavors that we make throughout the year. No store would be able to supply all of those ice creams at one time. As for the atmosphere, we will definitely keep that in mind and would love to add more to the inside of our store:)

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Best Ice Cream I've ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We are from Ohio and were sooo excited when we heard that Handel's was opening in Bonita Springs! It is the creamiest, most delicious ice cream you will ever eat! It has tons of goodies, and the chocolate pecan is to die for! The service was outstanding, the store was so clean and has plenty of indoor and outdoor seating! It was worth the drive, and we will be going here all the time! It is a must !!!!!

1 Thank Becky V
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great Ice Cream in Bonita Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

There are several great ice cream stores in Bonita Springs Florida and Handel's is right up there with the best. The chocolate chocolate chip was smooth and delish like a heavenly chocolate gelato.

Just be advised they have moved to store in a shopping center and no longer are in a stand alone building.

1 Thank StephenS310
Pikeville, Kentucky
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Oh my gosh !!!!!!!! simply the best I have ever had. Don't leave the area without trying this ice cream. Great flavors without all the heavy taste from other premium ice cream shops. Absolutely the very best and they have been voted best in the world! You do not need to read the review on the wall to be convinced.....just try some!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kytraveler4546
Bonita Beach
“Best best ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Best homemade fresh ice cream with lots of choices.
Maple walnut, pistachio are our favs, they have soo many new choices every time we go!

• Visited May 2013