“Horrible Service!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Tampa, Florida
“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was a decently priced hotel for the Naples, FL area but if you are expecting service dont stay here. The hotel is conveniently located about 8 miles from the beaches but has very poor management. Messages are not sent to guests, delivery and packages sit in the office with no notification to the guests and breakfast is alwasy late. If you are looking for clean and cheap, this is a great hotel! If you value service, dont bother at this location! Also, the dank, musty, moldy smell was very bad! I am a Platinum member with Choice Hotels and this is NOT one of their best properties.

Room Tip: Higher floors have les of a moldy smell.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Isla Holbox Quintana Roo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great Place to restup after doing some sales work. Great Spacious Room, Ample Bathroom. AC Worked Great WIFI perfecto. The Morning Self-Serve Breakfast was ample & Filling. Try the SELF MADE WAFFLES! Muuum Muuum Good! Safe Secure Building & Parking. Front desk very cheerful & Helpful. No Problems @ a great Price!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Taylor Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this Comfort Inn. We are members of Choice Hotels and have stayed at numerous Comfort Inns and Comfort Inn & Suites. The room was clean, however, the following issues were disappointing:
1. Bedspread/blanket - appears the only bedding changed is the sheets and the next person sleeps with the same bedspread/blanket the previous guests used (UGH). I pulled the sheets around the blanket so it didn't touch me or my husband.
2. Mold and musty smell in room - there was definitely a smell in the room.
3. Air conditioner didn't seem to put out COLD air and even though we had the AC on "high it didn't put out enough air for "high".

I would suggest going down the road to the Holiday Inn Express. It's just around the corner on US 41. Also, be sure to eat at Dolly's which is a small/quaint locally owned restaurant by Comfort Inn. Serves a great breakfast at a reasonable price. Also, sell fresh produce outside the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was only there overnight, so I can't say much. But my room was spacious and comfortable. Service was fine. Everything worked. Everything was clean. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Plenty of parking available. I saw the breakfast and it didn't look great. Price wasn't bad.

The only problem was that overwhelming dank, musty, moldy, smell. I've dealt with this type of smell in the past. Lots of humid places have it. But this one was beat the record by a good margin (Ensenada hotel was the prior record-holder).

I tried not to let the smell bother me and it really didn't, but this is something I think people should know. I lowered my overall rating for this place because of the smell. Unless there was a big price differential, I probably won't go here again.

Room Tip: They tried to have me pay $5 extra for a poolside room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

1.Arrived about midnight,after driving 18 hours straight. Told front desk no maid service and we put the Do Not Disturb on door. They called our room and woke us up in the morning. 2.Could not connect to WiFi in room, explained to front desk that I had to have internet as we needed to find an apartment/home to rent. I wont rent anything until I see area. Girl there, who repeatedly told me she didn't work there, was rude, didn't offer any help and told me nobody else had problems. After asking two others I received a number for assistance. Oh, but they don't work Sat/Sun. 3. Coffee pot in room uses a teabag size pre-filled that is so bitter you can't drink it. 3. Breakfast the cheapest items, no selection to say, and good luck getting coffee, usually you have to get receptionist to make then wait. 4. Room smelled like mold and had ants. We left went to another hotel and since we booked online we lost the money for 2 days, about $120. 5. We left room and came back next am. Left the TV on and do not disturb sign and called and asked for no maid service. Next morning the TV was cut off and A/C unit was on very low, room actually warm. I tried to save a few bucks actually cost more. Once I moved to new hotel I was able to hook-up asap with WiFi and am using it as I write this. Do your self a favor and drive a few more blocks down the road. This place needs new management!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itsmeklk
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very nice memorial day weekend in comfort inn bonita spring, small hotel but great stay,nice and friendly staff, spacious rooms each with balcony and very clean ,good breakfast ,nice area with greats restaurants around the hotel ,just 3 miles from the beaches, i recommended

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Idalmys J
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again without hesitation. Large, clean rooms, quiet, nice part of town, away from the highway, great night's sleep, and friendly, efficient service. Beds were not as nice as the new comfort inn kind, but comfortable enough, and I'm picky about mattresses.

• Stayed May 2013