“Very Good Value”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
New York
“Very Good Value”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Bonita Springs, Florida site is European style with old world appeal. It offers a quiet and convenience for those on a budget with charming features. The continental breakfast is simple but served on lovely fine china. The resturant on site, 'The Lake House Bar & Grill' offers a happy hour and the food is always good, and is offering yummy local fish sandwiches and sweet potato fries. The resturant staff is top notch and the quiet lake scenery from the deck and bar resturant is worth the price $$-$$$. The pool is quaint, with ample seating around the lake and/or under the hotel awning. The hotel offers free WIFI on the property. My self serve morning breakfast and coffee in china cup and saucer, Interent access outside, was a delightful and relaxing change. This is a value for those on budget. The rooms offer European vaulted ceilings and balcony views. If the hotel invests in new bedspreads and freshening the tile in large showers, the price is sure to go up. I recommend, it is near the beach and walking distance to local grocery store.

Room Tip: Balcony with chairs and table or just a step out on to small balcony. Especially, enjoyed opening b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Corinne-Darling R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I don't waste my time writing reviews about hotels normally. However as I am too disapointed about this stay, I felt like my experiences could help others.

A. The hotel looks nice from outside. However the interior is very old. And when I say old, I mean old, not nostalgic.
1. The bed is too soft most probbly because of its age.
2. The furniture is full of dents and chips.
3. You can even smell the age of the room.

B. The cleaning standard is very low. Although the hotel management copies and pastes the same expression about their ''very high cleaning standards'' and how they will take precautions about the problems to every complaint in Trip Advisor they never seem to make any improvements. Here here is what I saw:
1. The AC unit was obviously never cleaned. The air duct was full of balls of dust, dirt and mold.
2. There were rusty metal parts and broken ceramics in the bathroom.
3. There was a very obvious, and large blood stain on the bed sheet. There was a black stain on the bed cover, similar to grease stain.
4. Carpets were old and worn out.
5. The burning smell that came out of the AC was horrible. We immediately turned off the AC but we couldn't open up the windows to get rid off the smell as there were no mosquito nets at the window. So we had to sleep with the smell.

C. The hotel lacks a lot of equipment in the room that you can easily find in a 2 or 3 star hotel:
1. No fridge
2. And ofcourse no microwave either.

D. I have seen better breakfast in a two star hotel. For the price you pay and for the standard that the hotel claims it is, you expect at least a decent one.
1. The quality of the food was low.
2. The variety of the food was very limited.
3. There was no fork in the breakfast. When we asked for one, they gave a look at us like we asked for a very rare thing and hardly gave a plastic fork.

E. Internet connection was very poor. It took 15-20 minutes just to get our e-mails. Connection repeatedly droped off.

F. No sound isolation in the room at all.
1. You can ''clearly'' hear other rooms around you.
2. When another room closes their door our room shaked with noise. I thought someone was knocking on the door several times and later on understood that it was the doors of the neighbouring rooms.

G. Receptionist was quite rude to me. When I asked for a microwave he took me to this tiny place where they also keep the breakfast items and told me ''just don't touch anything else'' like I would steal the cheap breakfast items left for tomorrow.

And the worst part is this hotel has the price of a 4 star but got the standard of a two star.
Thankfully we were precautious and booked only one night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Murat U
skystacy1969, Director of Sales at Trianon Bonita Bay, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing all of the things in the guest room that needed our attention. We’re so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our guest's comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority and we have addressed your concerns with our team. We hope that next time your travels bring you to our area you’ll visit us again so that we may have an opportunity to deliver a true Trianon experience! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
South Tampa & Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I just returned from my stay at this Trianon property. It was around $75 per night with tax included.

The check in agent was friendly and helpful, the lobby was well decorated and very clean.

Our corner room was very spacious, as was the bathroom. The only complaint I had was that the shower could have used a better scrubbing and the pressure often fluctuated.

The breakfast buffet was a kind touch but nothing special, it is free (built into the price of the room) but I have stayed at independent hotels that offer a little nicer set-up and it has also been included. They could make the pastry items fresh, have cut fruit, and a few hot items such as bacon, sausage etc.

If they can keep the prices the same I will stay here again. I enjoy that the hotel is independent as well!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a trip around Florida. The hotel itself is located near a big road but once on the premises it’s very tranquil, next to a big lake.

The hotel is conveniently located near Naples, which is a very nice town. Nice beach with a pier. People were catching fish and it was a joy to just sit there and look at the fishermen and the pelicans trying to steal their fish. We even saw two dolphins passing by.

Along the busy road there are plenty of restaurants to grab a bite to eat. We went on foot to the “Outback restaurant”
It’s also very doable to drive back to the Everglades for some airboat fun.

The rooms were spacious and very clean. It was a joy to have (complimentary) breakfast in the morning on the patio overlooking the lake. Choice for breakfast is a bit limited but everything was tasty. Poolarea is small but nice. The hotel offers free wifi throughout the hotel but we had to send out a couple of mails which was a bit of a hassle from our smartphones. Normally they charge you if you need to use the business center but the reception clerk was nice enough to give us the key without any charge :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Trianon Bonita Bay. The managers and staff were very nice. They always had fresh coffee and a Continental Buffet each morning. I wish there was another restaurant besides the outdoor one. I would have liked to dine inside also. We enjoyed the Happy Hour and great service there anyway.There is a beautiful mall next door, but many stores aren't open. Clean nice room and furnishings. Careful not to pass by the hotel to quickly the sign for Trianon is a bit hidden.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very nice hotel, great rooms. I love the price here for the quality. Nice outdoor tiki bar, I stay here every time I'm in town. I also love the fact that it is so near to my favorite restaurants in town. Only 15 minutes from airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the outstanding review. We take pride in each and every room. We are so glad you enjoyed our little piece of SW Florida paradise. Hope to see you back soon!
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After leaving Ft. Lauderdale, our stay here was a calming relief. We found the hotel in a quite location and well maintained with a very caring staff. The room was clean and the tub AND separate shower were a treat. No climbing over the tub to shower. Our next trip to the area will include a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelered222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bonita Springs Naples North
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs
Hampton Inn Bonita Springs/Naples North
Hampton Inn Bonita Springs/Naple...
#4 of 15 in Bonita Springs
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
Comfort Inn Bonita Springs
#5 of 15 in Bonita Springs
Hyatt Place Coconut Point

Been to Trianon Bonita Bay? Share your experiences!