“Booooo. Bring back the coffee!”

Courtyard Boynton Beach
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Davis, California
“Booooo. Bring back the coffee!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed here a few years ago on business and have stayed at other Courtyards since. I was looking forward to the 24/7 coffee they had before. I checked in last night and was told by the front desk this morning that they discontinued the coffee this week and I'd have to buy it at the Bistro when it opened at 6:30.

I read to the front desk person the sentence under "Guest Services" in the book in my room: "Complementary coffee available in the lobby 24/7." I was counting on it! I have an early business meeting and am still on California time!

She also told me that Marriott decided to get rid of the coffee in ALL Courtyards. BOOOOOOO. That was one of the things I really enjoyed about them and would book Courtyards on purpose. Not anymore. Booo on Marriott and Booo on this one for having misleading information and not living up to the printed information in the rooms! (I would think they could have offered me a voucher for coffee in the Bistro to make it right, too. Boooo again!)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank leftydana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The title states it all. The location is wonderful and near many things. From shopping to restaurants, everything is an easy stroll away. Regarding the property itself, the rooms are past their prime and are in need of a makeover. The rooms arent bad, and for $79 a night this would be 4 stars. For $150 a night which is what I paid, I expect more. The rooms are clean, but need to be painted and detail needs to be paid to the small stuff.

Also something worth mentioning, I was there over the weekend and felt that there simply was not enough front desk staff. There was a hoard of 20 drunk guests in the lobby yelling over a sporting event. There was 1 front desk person for a Saturday who was running around unsuccessfully trying to keep everything in control. I didnt understand with a full hotel why there would be just 1 front desk person.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We have stayed here more than once. It's a fine property. It has gotten a little older and worn, but it is still clean and convenient.

The location is very good, with lots of great restaurants and shopping very close by. It is about three miles from I-95.

They are in competition with another good name hotel in the area. We have also stayed there and prefer it. But, so long as Marriott keeps their prices lower than the other hotel, we will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed just the other day on points...When I checked in i found it strange another staff member was standing behind me during the process waiting to ask a question to the staff member helping me. Made me feel uneasy since I was traveling alone. Lobby was clean and bright. I also was a little taken back when I saw that the property was in a strip-mall.

The 3rd floor hallway stunk of chemicals and musty..when I arrived at 5;30 they were steam cleaning the carpets and I saw what seemed to be a backpack of chemical spray...I feared bugs...Never saw one.

Room was standard, bed linens were thin and pilled and pillows were totally flat. There was a balcony that overlooked a parking-lot that was a little loud during the night. Checkout was flawless, again the lobby was clean and staff behind the counter were pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't get a view of the parking-lot...Gets loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here recently as we traveled to the area for a funeral. Our family occupied about 5 rooms during the four days we were in the area. Everyone said their rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful, especially Debbie. The only small negative was that we were told when we booked the room (directly with the hotel) that because we were using our AAA discount, we were not eligible for the complimentary breakfast. When we received our final bill, however, it stated that we did have the breakfast which we hadn't taken advantage of. The pool area was very nice and although we weren't able to use it, it looked very clean and inviting. The large fountain out by the pool area was a good quiet place to have morning coffee. There appeared to be a wedding party there one evening that made a mess of the pool area but by early the next AM everything was back in order. We used a variety of rooms from regular king rooms to double bed rooms to the 2-bedroom/2 bath suite with loft. They all worked out well for us. The 2-bedroom suite with loft accommodated five of us very comfortably. We would definitely recommend this hotel for families traveling in groups as well as couples and individuals.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Overall my stay was fine. No issues with the room or hotel itself. I had to leave in a hurry because my sister was having her first child that day. When I called back to ask about some clothes I had left behind, housekeeping said they found nothing. Yeah, nothing but my designer clothes that they chose to steal.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZacB76

Travellers are raving about these Boynton Beach hotels

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here because of a family medical emergency, checking in on Christmas Eve, and leaving on the 26th. I was in room 335, while other family was in 325. Everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant and friendly. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spacious and clean. I had no negative issues whatsoever, despite the fact I was here Christmas Eve and Christmas day-I'm sure the help didn't want to be here-but at no point did I encounter a bad attitude. The other members of my family who stayed here agreed: it was a fine hotel We would come back in an instant. Also-great location for shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Ocean Ridge
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!