“Still a great place.”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
chapin, sc
“Still a great place.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Returned two years later and still a great place. First, a big salute to Fatima at front desk who handled our check in June 22nd. She was most courteous, professional and accommodating. A very pleasant experience. Bistro still a wonderful place for a light meal and breakfast. Room clean and maintained......housekeeping on the spot. We will return again in several months for the third time.

Only thing i suggest is management put signs up and enforce that shirts and footwear required in lobby and Bistro area. Some beer bellied adult sans shirt male at computers in daytime and several adults, male and female, roaming around both lobby, Bistro and dining area barefooted were disgusting.

Room Tip: Use the pool area.... great experience. Use mid-hall rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Your pool area was gorgeous and never crowded. My room was nicely decorated and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job. We really enjoyed our stay. My only complaint is that one of the elevators was out of service the entire weekend and the air conditioning was exceptionally loud!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We certainly expected a little more attention to detail from a Marriott. I don't know how long it's been since it was converted from a Holiday Inn, but am disappointed that Marriott did not bring its usual finesse into the redecorating of the property. The room itself was comfortable, clean and well maintained, but the public areas are sorely lacking. The chairs are worn, torn and uncomfortable. We had to have our room cards re-keyed each night because they stopped working. The "out of order" sign on the elevator was removed from the lobby, but not from the floors. The staff was accommodating and pleasant, unlike the impression from other reviewers. The cafe messed up our breakfast order once out of three times. Not bad, but should not have happened on a simple breakfast order. The noise from the A/C compressor kept waking me up at night. I would stay here again because the rate we got was so good, and it's a convenient location for us when we stay in the Boynton Beach area. A little TLC on the interior will go a long way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan K
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott as your accommodations while in Boynton Beach Florida. I apologize about the confusion with the breakfast order and agree that they should have made the order correctly to begin with. I appreciate your feedback on your stay as well as your loyalty to Marriott.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When I booked this 2 bedroom suite for 4 adults a month in advance at a hefty price of $169 a night for two nights I expected a nice room. This was an important trip for family and I called them hours ahead of time when I was leaving Orlando to let them know when I would be there and they said they were not busy at all. As soon as I got there on May 22nd in the afternoon around 4pm I walked in and the place looked like a dump from the 60's. The carpet was old, the couch was faded and stained and there was a large tear in the arm. The other arm chair was hard and old. I then noticed the refrigerator was not running. I was mad. I told my older kids do not unpack we are leaving. I called the front desk and stated I was unable to unload my groceries due to the fridge was unplugged and now it would take hours to cool down and the furniture was gross. The male manager told the girl that he was expecting new furniture in a few weeks. Was he seriously telling the girl to tell me that? And then the dining room chairs were stained, the light switch in the bathroom would not stay on and was buzzing as if an electrical hazard and there were stains and filth on the bedroom walls. I was absolutely appalled. There was a loft up the stairs that only had another old couch and when I looked at the old furnace in the closet it showed to have an inch of old dust which I would think would be a fire hazzard also. I did not unpack because I demanded a new villa. As usual they stated they didn't have another one which I assumed was a lie seeing they were not busy. The manager refused to speak to me and the girl stated he was leaving and to knock off $20 a night. Was he serious? I wanted to knock in his teeth. And then I noticed within the kitchen all there was were enough utensils (2 spoons, 2 forks and 2 knifes) and 2 pots for just 2 people. How ridiculous. I actually took pictures as most of the cupboards had NOTHING in them. I stayed in a 4 bedroom house with pool for $139 in Orlando the day before and this place was a dump. I am not over-exaggerating. The girl who was polite on the phone, then offered us free breakfast the next 2 days. I was still angry. The only good thing about the place was the pool and hot tub outside. Seriously. I had to keep asking if this was truly a Marriott hotel. As I was leaving on Saturday there was a girl I had not seen on duty as the manager and she asked me about my stay. I told her as a US Marine who served her country, I was treated with utmost disrespect and would never stay in their hotel again and told her all about the mishaps. She said she would knock off one nights stay. For what I went through, even $80 a night was not worth it. I have pictures of the place as proof and willing to share to whomever wants to see them. dgwhitney@hotmail.com

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leatherneckwm
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that the room was not up to Marriott expectations, I apologize for that. I certainly will look into the deficiencies and I am glad that the Front Desk agent was able to adjust off one of the nights of your two night stay.

Travellers are raving about these Boynton Beach hotels

Boca Raton
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The property itself was actually kept up much better than I expected. I had decent accommodations on the third floor and did book after midnight. The service was a bit lacking in my opinion however. While I was speaking to Lisa on the phone to actually make a reservation she informed me that just because I was checking in late did not mean that checkout time would be any different. While I understand this is important to communicate with guests, I felt like it was rude. Don't be so quick to inconvenience the guest. After all, she had no idea whether I would ask for a late checkout or not and the fact that I was checking in so late should have been sympathized with as opposed to inconvenienced.
Also, as I was standing in line to buy two items from the sundries I overheard Lisa speaking with a gentleman that had a Security hat on about a guest who had called for the batteries to be replaced in his smoke detector because it was beeping, indicating low battery. Lisa told the gentleman with the Security hat not to go to the room unless the guests called again. A guest should never have to call twice in order for a request of any type to be effectively handled in my opinion.
Ultimately, I would stay here again but I would avoid the overnight staff. Service does not seem to be of the utmost importance. The woman who put my rewards number on file this morning however was very courteous.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us here at our Courtyard Marriott in Boynton Beach. I apologize if at anytime you were not being treated as a Marriott Customer should be treated. I have reviewed your comments and will address them with our Staff. Marriott is the standard in the Hospitality Industry when it comes to Customer Service and I will ensure that every Guest recieves that very same treatment. Thank you again and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I like Courtyard Marriott and have stayed at many of them because of the service. This location fulfilled all of my expectations - clean room, comfy bed, good location - but failed on the service. The young woman who checked us in barely said hello - she was much more interested in talking with her co-worker and a man who was standing and chatting with them when we walked in. She went through the motions, never smiled, never said any of the things the staff at Courtyards say to me when I check in! This clerk - I did not see a nametag - treated us like we were an annoyance. Not good. She didn't even tell us the Wi-Fi code which I'm sure is standard procedure. I'm glad I wasn't planning to use the computer.
There is ample parking here and it's located near just about every chain restaurant you could ever want to eat at and the mall is nearby too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Been to a few places in and around Boynton. Room clean bed comfy. Staff friendly. Bistro not bad. The resturant was not open but plenty of choices with in walking distance. Pool nice clean. I would tday again Hoping next time for villa. As I will be in town for longer

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#4 of 15 in Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!