“Got take out....”

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

So I can't comment on ambience or service,although the lady that took my order was very nice. Got the chicken satay (good, but hard to screw up, the same as any other thai restaurant I've had it at), beef salad (very heavy on the mint), pad thai (really good, even compared to other thai places), and red curry (weak, watery, and sweet.)
Overall not bad. However, ziree thai in delray has a much better beef salad. The pad thai was great.

1  Thank Rakdoo

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The food is good and it is very busy so it clearly is popular, but does that make it excellent - I don't think so.

It all depends what you want. After all, it is quite small (7 booths, 4 or so group/communal tables and bar seating) and the decor is nothing to write home about. So, given the bustling, jostling atmosphere this is not a restaurant at which to dine out in any formal sense - it is more of a local cafe where it is the food that counts most.

And, the food is good. Actually, I started with a beef salad that was probably among the best of its kind that I have ever had - beautifully grilled beef with tangy accompaniments. And the red duck curry that I finished with was quite good, though marginally over-cooked and with too much sweetness in the curry sauce.

The main problem was that the Tom Kar Ghai soup that I ordered without mushrooms came with them swimming in the bowl. So, was this the fault of the server or the kitchen? One will never know.

So, given the soup order mess-up and the only quite-good duck, I could never rate this as an excellent cafe and it certainly is not an excellent restaurant in the dining-out sense. But it is definitely better than average and merits a repeat visit, though we shall be more careful to insist on double checking the order is correctly taken down and communicated.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have traveled the last seven years to Thailand, depending where you are, depends on the seasoning and ingredients used. I have two Thai professors from Phitsanaluk (mid section of Thailand) region, who have been visiting with me for the last couple of years. We have been going to Sabai for about two years. I visit Phitsanaluk on my way to the North - Lampang - with the elephants. The mahouts and their wives do the cooking where I stay. And I have to tell you Sabai is original Thai food. They will season to your liking - because if you did what they are accustomed to - the local fire department would not be able to help you with the fire in your mouth. To experience the way Thai's eat, order many things - soup, Papaya salad, chicken wings, and another one or two dishes - plai (fish) or gai (chicken) - have it all come at once and share. This is the way to eat. Also, no chopsticks please, Thai's eat with a spoon and fork. The spoon goes in the right hand, the fork in the left. The fork is used to "shoveling" the food onto the spoon, do not eat from the fork. This way you get all the fantastic juices that surround the food, which are just as important as the food itself. It's a great experience! Oh, and don't forget the Thai tea!!! Arroyy mak mak!! (Delicious, very).

1  Thank LeeBocaRaton
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A friend who lives in Boynton Beach and I went to this restaurant a few evenings ago, after having been a bit disappointed with another Thai restaurant in Boynton. I won't mention the name of the other restaurant, but I can tell you that the food is much, much better at Sabai Thai. We had the crispy duck curry and drunken noodles. While the service was acceptable here, it was not great. I hope to return soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

A wonderful meal with great food, great service, not rushed. Best Thai in the area without a doubt. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank 416Donna416