“Yummy, yum yum!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Connecticut
“Yummy, yum yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stopped in for lunch with my sister yesterday. She got the chicken soup and I got seaweed salad to start. But the sushi chef gave us a little (free) treat of raw fish and so we already on our way to a great meal.

The soup was much larger than we anticipated and full of chicken and noodles and scallions and jalapeno peppers; the broth was heady. We could and did add spices to our liking as well as lettuce and cilantro and lime. Never thought we'd eat all of it but ... we did!

The seaweed salad was the usual. Then my sister ordered an appetizer of yellow tail with jalapeno peppers (and sauce), which was divine, the fish so succulent and fresh! I ordered different pieces of sashimi, which was inadvertently served as sushi.

The chef deftly corrected the error, neatly arranging the fish on a bed of ice, and served as chirashi! Each bite was delectable although the squid pieces were a tad on the too large size.

What a very nice experience.

Michigan
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

My fiance and I had Pad Thai and two California rolls, plus two Thai iced teas. Everything was great, in fact, we both really liked the Pad Thai, perhaps even more than from our favorite local place. I'd most certainly recommend this place.

We also found the service to be very polite and attentive, contrary to some other's experiences.

florida
“Service TOO efficient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This restuarant was empty when we were unable to get into other places one minute away in Renaissance Commons. Food was ok and service was decent until server slammed the check down on the table while we were still eating. She never asked if we wanted desert or anything more or how dinner was. It was rude and altho she apologized (when corrected) we will never return. We do not eat sushi so no comment. For Thai you can do better without the attitude.

Miami, Florida
“Consistency in service and good sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

My friend and I have been here often each time there was consistency in the friendly service as well as delicious sushi.

West Palm Beach, FL
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

The food at Sushi Yama is delicious, everything from the sushi to the Thai food! The staff is very friendly and accomodating as well, along with the chefs. I definitely recommend for lunch or dinner!