“The Octavio Experience”

Anna Maria Sailing Adventures
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Bradenton Beach
“The Octavio Experience”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Our family set sail on a cloudy day, but that didn't ruin our trip. Captain Octavio was hysterical and kept us entertained the entire time making sure we all enjoyed ourselves. He let my girls steer the boat most of the trip even under the drawbridge. We saw dolphins and finally the sun came out! We plan to take one more trip before leaving the island. HIGHLY recommended....Captain Octavio is better than any mainstream attractions we've been to. Thank you from the Mooney's!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Friends of AMI”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We rode aboard Capt. Octavio's boat on our last vacation. It was everything the reviews say it will be!!. He is a good ol' boy who likes to take other good ol' boys out for a jaunt around the gulf to look at beautiful houses while drinking rum and coke! He told GREAT stories and steered with his bare feet. It's worth every penny and more! We will definitely take more friends out next year! He always answered his phone and was eager to start our trip early so it's longer than 3 hours! He is just a jovial guy who understand people on vacation and knows just what to do to make it the best trip you will take!!

2 Thank V467
Naperville, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best experience on Anna Maria Island!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Capt. Octavio and first mate Leticia absolutely love sailing and sharing that experience with their guests. I have rarely had such a fantastic time on a boat - which is saying something since I own my own boat!!!! I phoned Capt. Octavio prior to arriving in Anna Maria just to ask a few questions. I could tell right away that he was very enthusiastic, friendly and extremely laid back. He suggested I simply contact him when I arrived and he would work with my schedule. I left a voice mail for him when I arrived, and he returned my call as soon as he was able. We sailed on a Monday afternoon and into a beautiful sunset. I never felt that he was watching the clock, or in any hurry to get back to the pier - quite the contrary. The four of us talked and laughed near constantly, stopping only to admire the views, hear their stories of the area and sailing adventures, and to refill our cocktails. Within just a few minutes aboard, I felt I was sailing with friends I had known for a long time! It was almost as difficult to leave their boat as it was to leave the island. I give Anna Maria Sailing my highest possible endorsement! The 3-4 hours we spend with them was the highlight of my visit to Anna Maria Island. We will definitely go sailing with Capt. Octavio and Leticia again!

3 Thank Don C
Kansas City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our first sailing trip was amazing. The sailing exceeded every expectation. Captain Octavio was very entertaining and was fantastic with the two children aboard. This is a must do for every family who visits Anna Maria!

2 Thank nick4389KansasCity
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best evening of the holiday!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Having seen the positive reviews on TripAdvisor we couldn't wait to book a trip with Captain Octavio. The boat trip still exceeded our expectations - it was a night we will never forget. We went for a sunset cruise and, as there was only our family on the boat, the Captain said that we could go wherever we liked. I had a snorkel with me so he took me to a good area for seeing fish, we wanted to see dolphins so when we spotted some he followed them, he let us all have a go at steering the boat, literally anything went! Captain Octavio is so laid-back and (with a little help from the beers and rum he provided!) we couldn't help but just relax and enjoy ourselves. The Captain was also fantastic with the 3 year old in our party, he kept him entertained throughout the whole trip.
We will be talking about our evening on the boat for years to come, so many laughs and fun times in just 3 hours! We didn't even care the the clouds obscured the sunset!

Visited September 2013