“The Pagan's”

Gloucester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Pagan's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Best Captain on the island!!! We have sailed with Octavio last year and twice this year. He is SO attentive to the care, safety, and of course FUN of all on board!!!! He has also brought on an apprentice, Tara, who is so sweet and cares for everyone on the boat along with Octavio. He was so good with my children, and made them feel like "mini captains"! Each trip with Octavio has been exciting but different...you don't see the same thing twice...but you can be certain you will have a blast. We will continue to ride with Octavio each year coming when we visit paradise! Thank you Octavio!!!!!!

1 Thank LVDABOV

St. Marys, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Stood up.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were told to meet Octavio at the Coquina boat ramp at 10:30 am. We waited until 11:00 am. I then traveled to the Bridge Street pier where the trips normally leave from (they just begun renovating the pier). I saw his boat out in the water. I thought maybe I went to the wrong location. I walked towards one of the docks and a bartender from a local establishment asked if they could help me. I informed her of the situation and asked if they knew of Octavio and if they picked people up in the vicinity.... Let's just say they the response to his name wasn't very favorable. I then saw a johnboat head out to his boat. Someone boarded his vessel. About five minutes later we received a phone call from his "secretary." He said they had to cancel to because of the weather and they had a blown radiator hose (skies were clear. There were showers heading north but it never rained and was sunny the rest of the day). It took him almost an hour to find out his radiator hose was "blown." I understand sometimes these things happened but was annoyed we had to wait so long for a response that I felt was fabricated due to what I witnesses and what the locals had to say about him.

I actually called two days prior, left a message, and sent an email to make reservations. Never received a response by phone or email. My wife called and left a message and Octavio called her back within a few hours..... All in all, not the way you want to run a business. Apparently. We aren't the only people who have been stood up..... And apparently many people had a great time.... Unfortunately, we were greatly disappointed.

5 Thank npiljay
Bradenton, Florida
“Sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Awesome day of sailing with Captain Octavio!!!!! It does not get any better than this.He will make you laugh and joke with you when you leave you will feel like you are part of the family.If you want to leave all your worries behind you let him k\take you on his boat..You will see dolphins and many other breath taking moments on this ride. He is a great Captain always putting your safety first\. He is truly a awesome sailor. Thanks Captain for a wonderful day at sea.

Fairfax, Va.
“A must do sailing experience that made our whole trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wow! If you're looking for a memorable day while staying on Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach...sail with Captain Octavio. Sailing along the sparkling waters of the gulf while watching jumping dolphins so close that you can practically reach out and touch them...it doesn't get better than that! You can tell that Captain Octavio knows these waters inside and out and he made sure we were relaxed and entertained, and believe me, he is an entertaining guy! So glad we went on this sailing trip and we will definitely do it again the next time we're here. Thanks again for a great day Captain Octavio!

Neenah, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best experience on Anna Maria Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had such a great time on a Friday evening sunset cruise with Captain Octavio! He is very laid-back and wants to make sure everyone has a good time. There is nothing rehearsed or scripted about this cruise. We got on as strangers but got off feeling like friends with everyone on the boat!! This is a must when visiting the island and we will definitely be back!

Visited July 2014