“Our current favorite”
Review of Blue Marlin Grill

Blue Marlin Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tele: 914-896-9737. Best food on Anna Marie Island.
Florida
“Our current favorite”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As "locals" this is one of our favorite restaurants. They have great seafood - very fresh because the owner gets it form local fishermen. We've never had a bad meal or poor service. They have a good wine list too. Also appreciated is the fact they take reservations (unusual for around here) and they have a parking service when parking is scarce.

• Visited March 2014

Fairfax, VA
“Great seafood and outdoor patio”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Ate out on the patio. Great patio with lots of shade and great atmosphere. They had a great bluegrass band on the patio on the weekend. The grouper was cooked perfectly and was such a treat. The shrimp and grits was the best I've probably had with great flavor and sweet shrimp. The bacon complimented the dish but did not overpower it. They serve complimentary edamame which hit the spot. Note that the hush puppies were a little over fried and had bits of jalepeno in them. I like that they give you two size options for most entrees so that you can order a smaller portion and not pay for what you can't eat. The Brussel sprouts and potatoes with bacon were also amazing.

Visited May 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Beyond perfect.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Some girlfriends and I were there for some celebrating last week and we could not have been happier. The shrimp egg rolls were recommended so we ordered them, and they were delicious! We had main courses from all over the menu and each of us finished every bite. Our waitress Devinne was by far one of the best I have ever had. She was informative, prompt, and so kind. Even though it was a Friday night and they were busy we felt like we were her only table,if you go there, I implore you to ask for her if possible. The music was fun, the wine was great, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. We had a perfect evening out.

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Quaint, welcoming and great food”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Fantastic setting in vintage cottage. Staff are outgoing and friendly. Recently had two dinners there while on vacation. Good wine list. Food was excellent. Great variety and some interesting differences. Apps were outstanding (Cortez cracker shrimp and lobster tail tempura) and mains from shrimp and grits (as good as I had last year while on vacation in the Carolinas) to various fish preparations were really good. Great specials and truly fresh fish. Really appreciated that they offer smaller portions as well. Wouldn't hesitate to go back or to recommend to others. Best restaurant meal we had while on AMI.

1 Thank 3Thirstytravellers
Bradenton, Florida
“Disappointing Food”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a local and this has been one of our favorite special occasion restaurants, as we aren't able to afford to eat here on a regular basis. This has also been one of the first places I recommend to people visiting who are looking for a nicer dinner. We hadn't been here for over a year and went for a Mother's Day dinner last week. The service was very friendly and prompt, the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable, the drink selection was good, but the food quality has really dropped off since my last visit. We were very disappointed and the prices are high enough that my expectations were higher as well. 3 of us spent ~$150 before tip and I am sorry to say the value isn't there. I am sad to write this review, but I can no longer recommend this place as one of my favorites in the area because the food was not good. The fresh fish was fried, which we weren't expecting, the soup did not taste fresh, the scallops risotto had a bitter, fishy taste, even the dessert did not taste like it was freshly made. Very disappointing, I am sorry to say. I think I would return for live music outside on the patio with drinks, but not again for the food unless I hear something has drastically changed.

4 Thank wallamercedes