“Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tortuga in Oct 2013. We were very impressed with everything ...from the friendly staff, easy check in/check out and especially the cleanliness of our room,pool and the whole resort! We go to Anna Maria Island every January to a timeshare 2 doors away from the Tortuga and have always admired this resort; We are so glad we had the opportunity to experience the Tortuga first hand and will definately stay there again! There is only one downfall, which is no elevator. Other than that everything was perfect

Room Tip: we had a 2nd floor studio, very roomy for 2 people. If you have trouble with steps, take a first flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our second time at Tortuga Beach Resort. Both times we rented a deluxe condo in Tortuga Gardens. The type of lodging varies and I can't speak to the rooms in the other areas but we found the condo to be fantastic. It is well appointed and very well maintained. The only negative was the lack of flat screen TV's but it looked like the resort was in the process of a makeover and they would be forthcoming. Anna Maria is adjacent to Longboat Key but is a much better value. Same beautiful beaches and Bay views but at a lower cost.
The staff was also quite helpful. Condo was spacious and well decorated.
My aunt and uncle own a beautiful condo on Longboat Key and they were quite impressed with ours !

Room Tip: The resort is dog friendly and there were several there. If you don't like dogs, this may not be...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm a little late writing this review. We stayed for a week at Tortuga at the end of October 2013. My husband and I have said that this was definitely one of our best vacations ever and the Tortuga Inn was a huge part of that!

We stayed in Tortuga Gardens in a 1 BR-1 Bath Deluxe apartment with partial bay view. It was simply gorgeous! The apartment was huge, so clean, and well maintained. I can't imagine a better place to stay. We simply loved our lanai overlooking the bay. While the view was technically partial, it really was fantastic! Each morning we were treated to a beautiful view of the sunrise over the bay.

The private beach on the gulf is really nice and just a very short walk away (about 1 minute away...okay maybe two if you count waiting for the elevator. ha!). It's directly across the street from the resort. Chairs and umbrellas are provided which is a nice feature. We spent a lot of time on the beach both during the day and at night. Sunsets were especially beautiful! We also loved the extra large gazebo on the beach. A couple of nights we sat in some chairs there and had snacks and drinks while watching the sun go down.

We never got to eat in the little cafe. Since it was off season, I think it was only open a few hours one or two days during our trip. (I'm not sure about that, but I think that's right.) I never even got the time to look in. I didn't get into the main pool until the last day of our trip. Wish I'd done so earlier. It's really a pretty area and the pool is a good size. I think the one thing that struck both my husband and I about this resort was how well maintained it is. We actually own a vacation rental that we rent by owner. We know what kind of work goes into maintaining a small place let alone a place like this. I can tell you that each and every day we saw workers replacing toilets, painting, etc. It was truly amazing. I'm sure that they don't get a lot of time to do that sort of stuff during the peak season so it was sort of the season for maintaining, but all of the activity everyday was noteworthy.

My final note would be to say that I can't imagine someone not being happy with their stay at Tortuga. We absolutely loved ours and plan to go back again this year. (Need to make those reservations!!)

Thanks Tortuga! The Wheelers loved their stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 BR-1 Bath Deluxe with partial bay view in Tortuga Gardens. I highly recommend it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cloudydrms
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Loved this place, we will always stay here for now on! Two bedroom condo one room for the kids one for us and a full kitchen can't ask for more home away from home!! The prices weren't bad either! The view over the bay was beautiful and a walk to the tiki bar! Perfect!!

Stayed January 2014
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Tortuga Beach Resort was great. The room was clean. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful. Upon our arrival, we were greeted promptly and our room was ready even though we arrived 3 hours before check in. The only complaint I have is the room we upgraded to, the Gulf View Studio, offered a very limited view of the Gulf. The palm trees and cabana obstructed the view. Otherwise, our stay was great. I loved the beach and the complimentary chairs on the beach is a nice touch. My wife and I will definitely be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here at the recommendation of friends. It is a great little inn in the heart of Bradenton Beach. The room was very clean and staff were exceptional helpful and friendly. One of our favorite things about staying here was going to the Inn's Pergola across the street each evening for sunset with our friends. the interior walkways to the room are lined with tropical foliage and fish ponds. Each room has its own courtyard (shared with one other room - which was empty while we were there). Overall, a great little piece of paradise in Bradenton Beach.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Everything you see and read positively for this place is true. The "professional" photos are an excellent representation....everything very clean and well appointed. You are walking distance to several places to eat, the really nice beach across the road, and not far from grocery stores, golfing, shopping, etc. Overall just a very very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We had the Bayfront Villas South and the private pool (warm!) and bay were gorgeous
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
#7 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!