“Hidden Gem on Anna Maria Island”

Tortuga Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the Tortuga Inn Beach Resort in December 2013 during the US Soccer Academy Showcase in Sarasota,FL. I am a rather selective traveler and honestly, Tortuga was absolutely exceptional –***** 5star! Perfect for families or couples..… very spacious. The condo apartment was huge, meticulaously clean, and very well maintained. The furnishings were classy & tasteful with old world Florida feel.

It offers hotel-like lodging at a reasonable price in a spectacular location. We stayed in unit 166 which was stunning – partial bay views with lanai, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, granite, stone tile, high ceilings, laundry, pool a few steps away … what’s not to love?

Tortuga is really a hidden gem on Anna Maria Island. The staff is exceptional, the private beach is gorgeous. The area offers great beaches, watersports, fishing, amazing restaurants, bike riding, (where you can even have bicycles delivered to you for the week) shopping etc.. The location is ideal as its near Sarasota and Bradenton for those who like to explore while on vacation. We love Tortuga and highly, highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Deluxe Garden Apartments are awesome. Room #166 has partial bay views - nice and bright - by indoor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I love this place. Tempted to give it five stars, probably merits at least 4 and a half. It was clean, the pool was lovely, the people were nice, the grounds were very tropical, and it has a great beach just across the street with a pavilion and little tiki type tables. We stayed in Palm Court, which I think is one of the smaller units. Full kitchen (reasonably well appointed), living room, two good sized bedrooms, pullout sofa. Perfect size for a family with small children. Ceiling fans and nice TV's in all the rooms. We had a balcony that overlook the palms and the pool. It was really lovely. Definitely plan on going back. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A really well kept establishment, so clean and tidy. There is a nice pool area and the beach is right across the road with sunbeds and umbrellas to use. The room was very well equipped, microwave, toaster etc. A large walk in shower was a great plus, and enough clean white towel daily for several people. There was also a laundry for guests to use.
A free trolley bus runs up and down the coast to hop on and off. There are many and varied restaurants on Bridge Street which is only a walk a way.
My only concern would be the main road between the hotel and beach, it really is very busy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerseylily22
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tortuga in Oct 2013. We were very impressed with everything ...from the friendly staff, easy check in/check out and especially the cleanliness of our room,pool and the whole resort! We go to Anna Maria Island every January to a timeshare 2 doors away from the Tortuga and have always admired this resort; We are so glad we had the opportunity to experience the Tortuga first hand and will definately stay there again! There is only one downfall, which is no elevator. Other than that everything was perfect

Room Tip: we had a 2nd floor studio, very roomy for 2 people. If you have trouble with steps, take a first flo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our second time at Tortuga Beach Resort. Both times we rented a deluxe condo in Tortuga Gardens. The type of lodging varies and I can't speak to the rooms in the other areas but we found the condo to be fantastic. It is well appointed and very well maintained. The only negative was the lack of flat screen TV's but it looked like the resort was in the process of a makeover and they would be forthcoming. Anna Maria is adjacent to Longboat Key but is a much better value. Same beautiful beaches and Bay views but at a lower cost.
The staff was also quite helpful. Condo was spacious and well decorated.
My aunt and uncle own a beautiful condo on Longboat Key and they were quite impressed with ours !

Room Tip: The resort is dog friendly and there were several there. If you don't like dogs, this may not be...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm a little late writing this review. We stayed for a week at Tortuga at the end of October 2013. My husband and I have said that this was definitely one of our best vacations ever and the Tortuga Inn was a huge part of that!

We stayed in Tortuga Gardens in a 1 BR-1 Bath Deluxe apartment with partial bay view. It was simply gorgeous! The apartment was huge, so clean, and well maintained. I can't imagine a better place to stay. We simply loved our lanai overlooking the bay. While the view was technically partial, it really was fantastic! Each morning we were treated to a beautiful view of the sunrise over the bay.

The private beach on the gulf is really nice and just a very short walk away (about 1 minute away...okay maybe two if you count waiting for the elevator. ha!). It's directly across the street from the resort. Chairs and umbrellas are provided which is a nice feature. We spent a lot of time on the beach both during the day and at night. Sunsets were especially beautiful! We also loved the extra large gazebo on the beach. A couple of nights we sat in some chairs there and had snacks and drinks while watching the sun go down.

We never got to eat in the little cafe. Since it was off season, I think it was only open a few hours one or two days during our trip. (I'm not sure about that, but I think that's right.) I never even got the time to look in. I didn't get into the main pool until the last day of our trip. Wish I'd done so earlier. It's really a pretty area and the pool is a good size. I think the one thing that struck both my husband and I about this resort was how well maintained it is. We actually own a vacation rental that we rent by owner. We know what kind of work goes into maintaining a small place let alone a place like this. I can tell you that each and every day we saw workers replacing toilets, painting, etc. It was truly amazing. I'm sure that they don't get a lot of time to do that sort of stuff during the peak season so it was sort of the season for maintaining, but all of the activity everyday was noteworthy.

My final note would be to say that I can't imagine someone not being happy with their stay at Tortuga. We absolutely loved ours and plan to go back again this year. (Need to make those reservations!!)

Thanks Tortuga! The Wheelers loved their stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 BR-1 Bath Deluxe with partial bay view in Tortuga Gardens. I highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cloudydrms
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Loved this place, we will always stay here for now on! Two bedroom condo one room for the kids one for us and a full kitchen can't ask for more home away from home!! The prices weren't bad either! The view over the bay was beautiful and a walk to the tiki bar! Perfect!!

Stayed: January 2014
An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#5 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!