“Fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bradenton Beach
Orlando, FL
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I have to say I was a bit skeptical going in but the reviews were all so good. I ended up booking only a few days before our stay and since the villa was booked I ended up taking the regular hotel room style room in the Palm Court South building. I figured since this was the lowest end room I would not be terribly impressed but I was wrong! It was a perfect size for my husband and I, a short walk to the pool and had a little shared courtyard outside. The shower was great, good pressure and double shower head option and it was all open (no shower curtain). We had a small refrigerator and a microwave which was all we needed but if you want a full kitchen you can step up to the studio room. It was so homey and warm and nice touches to the room itself. The pool was great...heated and lit at night but not with those annoying bright lights but more turtle friendly yellow lighting. It was right across from the beach and what a beach! The white sand and the blue waters made me feel like I was in the Caribbean and you could snorkel really well. There were no waves and you could stand pretty far out. In fact we saw dolphins pass right by us!! Lots of sea life and crystal clear water to view it. They also have a great dock off the bay side behind the villas that you can walk out on. The free trolley stops just outside the hotel. Very convenient although it was a slight wait for it to show up. Tip: if you want to go north to Bean Point area there is no parking and so the trolley is a great option. We didn't do that and got stuck not being able to park. Lesson learned. I will also pass on a towel tip: you can exchange your beach\pool towels if they are wet or dirty in the lobby and I recommend the striped towels...they are nicer and the yellow striped ones were nice and big. They also provide beach umbrellas!

This place was so peaceful and quiet too. Close to restaurants and you can even walk to the BeachHouse restaurant which had amazing food and was right on the beach a bit south of the hotel. The beaches right there are just stunning and although my husband and I did explore the beaches of Longboat Key and Lido I have to say the best was right by the Tortuga Inn. My only complaint (more of an aggitation than a complaint) was that they had a guy gathering up the beach chairs at sunset and he made us get up so he could "lock up the chairs" for the night. The sun wasn't even fully down yet and there were like 10 chairs maybe on the beach...all occupied, so I suspect he had to disappoint several guests. We were enjoying just sitting and watching the sunset. But it didn't spoil my enjoyment...you can always sit in the sand.

Overall...you cannot go wrong with this resort. The only thing I wish it had was a jacuzzi. They do have a private one for the people who rent the villa but not one for the rest of the hotel so if you really insist on enjoying a jacuzzi definitely chose the villa!!

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I took my mother to the Tortuga Inn to celebrate her 75th birthday. It is hard to say enough about the Tortuga Inn. It definitely deserves its top rating on Anna Maria Island. The rooms are spacious, impecably clean and the furnishings and finishes are high quality. The tropical grounds are beautiful and immaculately maintained. The staff is upbeat and friendly.

Our room, the Bayside Vills North, second floor has an incredible 180-degree view of Sarasota Bay and shares a private pool with the villa below. It has without question the best view at the hotel. The huge balcony was an incredible place for breakfast and evening cocktails. The semi-private pool was so peaceful and beautiful that it was hard to tear ourselves away from the pool to go to the beach!

While there is no restaurant on the property almost all units have kitchens. This is the case all over Anna Maria. So if you need a full service resort this hotel and Anna Maria are probably not for you. There are several restaurants within walking distance and many more a short drive away. A Publix is five minutes away for you to stock your refrigerator.

Beach chairs , towels and umbrellas are provided free of charge to all hotel guests. The hotel is very pet friendly and charges only a nominal fee.

I cannot recommend the Tortuga enough. A charming inn on a charming island

• Stayed October 2010
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The staff is great,(especially Tim & Katie) friendly & courteous. The accomodations are immaculate (definitly a prequisite for me) and has all the comforts of home. Their beach is beautiful, uncrowded & peaceful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Harrah, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Two families converged on Anna Maria Island for a wedding. It was my granddaughters long time dream to have a beach wedding. We had a marvelous wedding planner and we stayed at the Tortuga Inn. Perhaps the best comment came from my granddaughter and her new husband that the whole week was "perfect, even better that she had dreamed."

As we sadly left to rejoin the real world, we all agreed that we would come back again soon.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We live in Sarasota but like to go out to the beach for a couple of days. This was our third visit to the Tortuga and it is as great as ever. We always get in one of the second floor suites facing the Gulf. The suites are just perfect for the two of us. The decor is very comfortable and we like having the little kitchen and particularly love the jacuzzi tub. The inn has a great laid-back atmosphere and you just have to walk across the street to be right on the beautiful sugar white sand beach. I like that the Tortuga furnishes beach loungers and unbrellas. We spent one day on the beach and the other by the pool. A great mini vacationi.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Went with a group of 14 other girls, and we rented 3 suites. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Staff came in every day to clean, which was nice. Kitchen was well equipped. The place is definetely not cheap for what it is, but overall it was fine. I liked the fact that it was right across the street from the beach, very convenient. My only complaint is that there is no cell phone reception in the rooms, but they have addressed this issue by providing free and unlimited long distance calls from the rooms.
Overall, it was a fine stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
NJ
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Where do I start? I mean this place is so amazing, it’s hard to even come up with the right words to describe it…but if I had to chose one, it would be pure PARADISE!!!

My boyfriend, his parents, their little dog, and I were only really supposed to go down for a quick 2 day getaway, instead we ended up staying for 5! Now if that doesn’t tell you how great this place is, then well let me go on. I’m from NJ, and his parents live in Tampa, so we decided to head down a bit earlier than them and hang out at the beach before the 4 pm check-in time was. Well we got down there at around 1 or so, and went into the office to let them know we were in town and to see if they could contact us when the room was ready. Not a problem of course. They even told us to go ahead and grab some towels from them and start using the facilty right away! Awesome, we hung out around the pool for an hour and before we knew it, our room was done and we could go ahead and check in. We stayed in Unit # 154, which is a 2 bed – 2 bath, condo on the bay. BEAUTIFUL!!! (see my pics) we walked in and were completely taken aback by the beauty of the place, and not to mention for clean it was. Right off the bat, we were in love with the place. Even down to the crown molding on the ceiling gave it the upscale, classy look. Just gorgeous! Dolphins, pelicans, herons, and all sorts of beautiful wildlife love it there too. (could ya blame them)

I can’t say enough about the staff…from the maids, to the groundskeeper, to Tom in the front office, everyone was just a delightful! The Tortuga makes you feel at home, so much so it’s hard to leave! We can’t wait to go back, it’s definitely a treasure we found in paradise!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
#4 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#7 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Tortuga Beach Resort? Share your experiences!