I have to say I was a bit skeptical going in but the reviews were all so good. I ended up booking only a few days before our stay and since the villa was booked I ended up taking the regular hotel room style room in the Palm Court South building. I figured since this was the lowest end room I would not be terribly impressed but I was wrong! It was a perfect size for my husband and I, a short walk to the pool and had a little shared courtyard outside. The shower was great, good pressure and double shower head option and it was all open (no shower curtain). We had a small refrigerator and a microwave which was all we needed but if you want a full kitchen you can step up to the studio room. It was so homey and warm and nice touches to the room itself. The pool was great...heated and lit at night but not with those annoying bright lights but more turtle friendly yellow lighting. It was right across from the beach and what a beach! The white sand and the blue waters made me feel like I was in the Caribbean and you could snorkel really well. There were no waves and you could stand pretty far out. In fact we saw dolphins pass right by us!! Lots of sea life and crystal clear water to view it. They also have a great dock off the bay side behind the villas that you can walk out on. The free trolley stops just outside the hotel. Very convenient although it was a slight wait for it to show up. Tip: if you want to go north to Bean Point area there is no parking and so the trolley is a great option. We didn't do that and got stuck not being able to park. Lesson learned. I will also pass on a towel tip: you can exchange your beach\pool towels if they are wet or dirty in the lobby and I recommend the striped towels...they are nicer and the yellow striped ones were nice and big. They also provide beach umbrellas!
This place was so peaceful and quiet too. Close to restaurants and you can even walk to the BeachHouse restaurant which had amazing food and was right on the beach a bit south of the hotel. The beaches right there are just stunning and although my husband and I did explore the beaches of Longboat Key and Lido I have to say the best was right by the Tortuga Inn. My only complaint (more of an aggitation than a complaint) was that they had a guy gathering up the beach chairs at sunset and he made us get up so he could "lock up the chairs" for the night. The sun wasn't even fully down yet and there were like 10 chairs maybe on the beach...all occupied, so I suspect he had to disappoint several guests. We were enjoying just sitting and watching the sunset. But it didn't spoil my enjoyment...you can always sit in the sand.
Overall...you cannot go wrong with this resort. The only thing I wish it had was a jacuzzi. They do have a private one for the people who rent the villa but not one for the rest of the hotel so if you really insist on enjoying a jacuzzi definitely chose the villa!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect beach-to-bay resort on Florida's unspoiled Ann Maria Island. Tortuga Beach Resort offers a wide range of truly fabulous vacation rentals, many with Gulf or Bay views, plus a private white sand beach just across the street, three heated pools, pet friendly, and a 14-slip boat dock. Enjoy our new Le Petit Cafe and Tortuga Gift Shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tortuga Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortuga Inn & Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Tortuga Inn And Beach Resort
- Tortuga Hotel Beach
- Tortuga Motel Beach
- Tortuga Inn Beach Resort
- Tortuga Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, Florida