We stayed here for a week to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We were in Pineapple, #111 by the pool.
The resort is unique, quiet and quaint. The beach itself is fantastic and the lounge chairs are perfect for watching the gorgeous gulf sunset. We loved the low-key relaxed environment and the privacy afforded us by the abundant foliage and individual units. Our bungalow's white decor, vaulted ceilings, and wood floors were charming and inviting. Yes, our bungalow was tiny - especially the bathroom. However, we knew this when we chose it and we saw photos beforehand, so there was no surprise. The beach is only a few yards away from any of the bungalows.
Our roof leaked. The bed spread and bed skirt were stained. One of the blinds had a broken slat right by the bed, and several blinds were stained and dirty. There was a layer of dust on all of the trim, the curtains, and doors. Some of the curtains and decorative pillows were stained and the bed was far from comfortable. The pool was refreshing and pretty as it was surrounded by beautiful tall palm trees, but it really needs to be cleaned daily because of the constant fall of those berries/seeds from the palms. It was only cleaned once or twice during our 6 day stay. There were broken and rusting beach chairs sitting in front of the resort's beach lounges that were never removed, and cigarette butts littered the beautiful path to the beach. There is no free wifi, only paid wifi available in the tiny lobby for $7 a day or $15 a week. We were also disappointed in the lack of recycling on the island.
Overall, the only thing that keeps this resort from being extraordinary is their lack of attention to detail with cleaning and maintenance. Each bungalow is very different, so do your research when booking and look at all the photos - especially those from users here on TripAdvisor. Some bungalows are bigger than others and only a few are directly on the beach.
We would give this resort one more try because of its potential and excellent location, with the hope that they will step up their cleaning and maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a bygone era, the Bungalow Beach Resort has much to offer those seeking Anna Maria Island’s Premier Gulf Front Resort accommodations. Our gracious rejuvinated classic 1930′s island style resort is nestled amongst the white sand dunes, sea oats and swaying coconut palms of Anna Maria Island. Escape to our private beach area. Relax upon lounge chairs with umbrellas provided for your comfort. Enjoy the Aqua blue surf and refreshing tropical breezes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bungalow Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalow Beach Hotel Bradenton Beach
- Hotel Beach
- Bungalow Beach Resort Anna Maria Island/Bradenton Beach, Florida