“Sushi, Sushi, Sushi!”
Review of Ichiban Buffet - CLOSED

Ichiban Buffet
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Every kind under the sun and all delicious! Lots of good variety on the clean food bar. Table service for refills and clearing of plates was very slow. But the food was good!

1  Thank BurgGirl620

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This place in Brandon just west of Tampa is not really a japanese buffet but a Chinese buffet that serves sushi. So do not come here expecting udon noodles or any tempura or yakitori or katsu. But it is a pretty good chinese buffet. I came here for lunch and for about 9 bucks and change you will get more than your money's worth. They had shrimp, squid, salmon, hot wings, beef, chicken on the hot bar. I am not a sushi connoisseur so with that caveat I was pretty impressed with the sushi spread. They were rolled fresh by a team of 5. That's the highest number of sushi chefs I've seen working at the same time at a buffet. They also have a dedicated hibachi chef if you wish to have your hibachi entree made fresh. They have a great fresh fruit and dessert selection and self serve hard ice cream in buckets. So if you are ever in the Tampa area scoot over to Brandon and try this buffet for lunch. You'll be glad you did. There is a Pep Boys next door so you can get an oil change for your car while you are stuffing your face here. Next time I return here I will check out their dinner selections.

1  Thank waz06
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner, as we have many times and have had the same issue every time..unsupervised children in the food area...so I finally spoke up and made a complaint to the man at the desk on my way out about all the children running around and into people, reaching over the hot steamers, grabbing food with their bare hands out of bowls, licking their hands and then grabbing a desert or to scoop out their own ice cream leaning up over and into the freezer....first of all WHERE are the parents...He pointed to a sign written on the hostess stand just below waist level that indicated all parents are to escort their children to get food...he then went on to tell me they tell everyone with children this when seating them. Well that is an out and out lie as I have been there on several occasions with children and was never told that. He then walked away from me as if I wasn't still standing there...I was dumb founded that my complaint was not validated in any manner. When I arrived home I called there to talk to the manager...well the guy I complained to was the manager ....Jason. He again told me what the sign said, that they are open to the public and that as a buffet they have no control over their customers. I tried to speak but be continued talking over me...arguing. Rather than argue I hung up...he called me back and told me he hoped he never saw me in there again and hung up on me. If a restaurant can't follow it's own policy and talk to the parents about the dangers of their children's behavior that is bad business and even worse to speak to another paying customer in this manner is extremely poor consumer service.

1  Thank Dixie601
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Went out with our teenagers for a late lunch. Friendly staff... Nice buffet and lots of sushi. For four people with soft drinks it was about 60.00. Nice experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Ichiban is a typical Chinese buffet with all of the usual suspects on the buffet. However, it does have one advantage to most other Chinese buffets in the area. It has an expanded sushi selection. Now, don't get me wrong, this isn't the greatest sushi that you will ever experience. However, for the relatively low price of the meal, the sushi selection makes this a good option when you want a stomach full of passable sushi and the other normal Chinese buffet selections.

2  Thank chio5200