“Good food but noisy”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went to Anthony's for the first time last night with friends who had been there before. We love a good pizza with a crispy crust. It's definitely not your typical pizza. It was very good and pretty simple. Sauce was not overpowering and pepperoni was sliced nice and thin. We probably would have liked a little more cheese though. The wings were very good and my husband, who is not a big wing eater, found himself eating an unusual amount. Soft drinks are served in fountain bottles, including tea. I opted for a Mr.Pibb as I am not fond of tea that isn't brewed. We did eat outside as the music and noise level was extremely loud. There would have been no way we could have enjoyed the dinner or conversation. I hate leaving a restaurant hoarse. If the weather had not been nice enough to eat outside, we would not have stayed.

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Wonderful Italian entrees and at least ten different pizzas. Wonderful Italian coal fired wings. Moderate prices casual dress and easily accessible.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Pizza is amazing. Pizza roasted over an open fire is unbelievable when done right.

From the moment I opened the door, an employee held the door for me and I was greeted several times by every employee I saw. The restaurant was clean and tidy. It was a tad on the loud side, this due to the open kitchen that was connected to the dining hall. I ordered, and to my surprise I was brought wings with caramelized onions. I didn't order this. The manager told me it was a free sample. Cool! They were scrumptious. On that note the manager did check on me twice, and my drink never got below half full. The server was very attentive.

I had a pizza with pepperoni and italian sausage. The pizza as a whole was nothing short of incredible. Top-notch crust and high quality toppings. My only qualm was that the sausage was cut large and fell off easily. Whoops!

I didn't try it, but Anthony's has a pretty big bar as well.

All in all, I loved this place and the pricing was not terrible for the extreme quality presented. Will go again!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wonderful place to have a pizza with the family; with coworkers and friends. Service is excellent: host opens doors to clients; they are happy and accommodating. Manager brought us coal fired chicken wings as courtesy for being there first time. Atmosphere was pleasant. Pizza is delicious, ingredients fresh and very tasty. A large pizza feeds 4 adults (2 slices each0 and is plenty. We definitely will go back.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband I took a group of 15 people to Anthony's for lunch after a roadster ride. We had eaten at one in Pittsburgh and loved it, so we wanted to share this with others. The pizza is unique because there are so many unusual specialty pizzas. Some of us also had an Italian salad which was very good. The Paul & Young Ron pizza with Meatballs, Sausage, Hot or Sweet Peppers & Ricotta Cheese was especially good. They also have a lot of specialty beer on hand. This is a chain so there may be one near you. Enjoy!