“Great Cuban sandwiches, incredible Latin food hot bar!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bloomingdale Latin Market
Ranked #137 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 27 December 2014

This unassuming Latin market in a strip mall on Bloomingdale has groceries, a butcher shop, a sandwich bar with the BEST, and most reasonable Cuban sandwiches! and a hot food bar with about 20 different hot and freshly prepared Latin dishes...Hard to decide what to get, and we always order too much food and take it back to the hotel or friend's homes to eat for a couple of days! (We live out of state, but LOVE this food!) It's all take out, but you'll be tempted to open your packages and eat it in your car in the parking lot! It's that good! A must on every trip to Brandon...

Reviewed 28 June 2014

You may have seen this small Latin super market near the post office in the Kings Row Shopping Plaza off of Bloomingdale Road. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but there's a whole lot going on inside this store. I just happened to see it last week when I was mailing out a package. The postal clerk told me it had been there a while, and that it's a great place to get lechon asado (and other Latin dishes). I took his advice and decided to see it for myself. What I found was a market specializing in Latin products with a deli, a meat counter, and a smorgasbord of freshly cooked daily specials.

It was my first time at the store, so I decided to just buy a few things to sample and take to my Puerto Rican mother. I bought a can of the Ciento en Boca, as well as a couple of Boniatillo candies that were at the deli. These are hard to find items. When you do find them at a Latin store, they are usually old and stale. We were amazed that these items were still fresh. The Boniatillo tasted just like I remembered it. Very close to the ones that the street vendors would sell in Miami. I ended up going back a week later to sample their hot food dishes. It was so difficult to decide because everything looked so good. I got a combination of the lechon asado, arroz moro, and platanos amarillos. It was a huge portion of food that was more than enough for 2 people. A great value for only $5.99. The food was amazing! It reminded me so much of home, and very similar to a place that we used to get our food by the pound (on Bird Road in Miami). I'll definitely be stopping by more often.

Been to Bloomingdale Latin Market? Share your experiences!