“A Hotel experience as it should be...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“A Hotel experience as it should be...”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Have stayed at this Hotel a number of times in the past, always curious about if anything had changed from one occasion to the next, if something had deteriorated in any way, and so far had always left the premises with a positive experience..
Would this time be any different??!
As we walked thru the main entrance and were greeted by the Lady at Front Desk we discovered that it wasn't.

Thruout our week-long stay at 'Brandon Regency Park' all the staff were very friendly, flexible and accommodating. Making us feel welcome and valued as customers and giving us a sence of *Home'. The grounds are well kept and the rooms well-set w comfortable beds, plenty of deskspace, blackout curtains and good lighting, they're well equipped and well maintained.

Each morning the Hotel offers a satisfactory buffet in a clean and spacious breakfast room managed by an accommodating handler that continously refills the Breakfast items as they are running low.
The Hotel itself offers a great location close to I-75 with easy driving access to I-4/I-275 and downtown Tampa. Shopping, Movies and dining/coffee shops are within walking distance or just a short drive away.

We got a room on the second floor facing the Pool and though we sometimes left our window open we didn't really feel that the close proximity to I-75 bothered us
We will definetly return to this location in the Future and hope that the GM mr Wolf and his staff will uphold the excellent service and quality that they display today.
To us the 3 star rating that most websites render this Hotel is underestimated and misleading as the only thing missing for top star quality is an on-site restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious with a slightly unusual layout. Rooms facing the pool area are light and gets...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
MECHANICSBURG, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked the room many months ago and were pleased with the weekly rate option as we expected to stay 2+ weeks. When we arrived, we were greeted nicely and the reservation/check-in process went well. The room was nice and only a little dusty under the desk. The sink drain was slow and that was taken care of when we mentioned it. I did not use the wi-fi as it was open to all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Jeffrey G
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We always enjoy la Quinta because of their pet policy. This hotel had attractive grounds and pool area. The hotel was mid range of age for the chain. The location was very convenient to shopping and many good restaurants. Only downside is that it is very close to I75 and there is quite a lot of noise from the traffic.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from interstate as possible
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was a good La Quinta in a very convenient area amidst malls, shops and restaurants. I was staying in a handicapped room on first floor as requested. The front desk was polite and helpful. The breakfast was complimentary and OK with cereal, yogurt, fruit and waffles (never enough machines for guests trying to eat). The room was clean and bed comfortable. My pets were allowed with no problem and were crated and cleaned up after outside.. It was reasonable for the touristy area. I did not expect luxury.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Cortez, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I guess I just expected more sun. As I visited for one month and never did I once use the pool. It was situated on the northern side of the hotel and it never had any sun. Although the property was very nice and the rooms spacious. Surrounded by the trees and Spanish Mosses, it sure made me feel like I was somewhere tropical. Close to the Brandon Mall, movies theaters and places to eat and shop. Beware the traffic on the roads nearby, very heavy, and if staying in the area... you will make better time by walking to your destination.

The hotels breakfast was very basic and I always expect more from La Quinta, especially because some of them I have stayed at were quite exquisite.
The Hotel could use some upgrades, as far as the guest laundry and elevator which was out of service more that it was in service.

For future guests travelling to the area, I would recommend staying here, but a short drive up the street would put you at a Holiday Inn, so why not be a little more comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed only one night and left very early in the morning, so my experience is limited but I can report the following positives: The front desk personnel were very welcoming; and my room was huge, with a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, the negatives made a greater impact upon me: the a/c in my room was problematic, with the thermostat consistently reading the room's temperature as much lower than it actually was, so it was difficult to keep the room cool; and, worst of all, the elevator smelled like a latrine, with a urine odor almost overpowering--on the evening of my arrival it was noxious, and when I left in the morning it was still horrific. I hope this was a one-time instance and that it doesn't always smell that way!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park? Share your experiences!