“Good hotel off f I-75”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brandon
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good hotel off f I-75”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I use to live in the area and was back on business and chose HIE because I find that they have been pretty consistent as far as the rooms and service, which are good. I chose a single room, which was clean and comfortable. I also liked the fact that for the price, you get a mini frig and microwave in the room, which some other chains do not offer in their cheaper rooms. I was on the main floor and the ceilings were very high, giving the room a larger feel. I was placed near the lobby area, which I was worried might be noisy, but it wasn't. The only time I heard noise from the hallway was when I was up near the bathroom area. The doors also do not slam shut on their own which is good and cuts down on some of the noise of other guests coming and going from their rooms.
If you are traveling through the area and stopping for the night, it is located right off of I-75. You will drive down Hwy 60 just a short way, and turn left like you are going into one of the shopping centers and follow that road. You will see the hotel a little past the stores on the left.
If you chose to go out for the evening, this is a great spot for all sorts of activities. The majority of the nicer restaurants are right near the location you are. You will see the shopping center you pass to get to the hotel is large. There is the movie theater there. As well as several sit down restaurants, that can't be 30 second drive from the hotel. If you cross the hwy, you will be at the Mall. Aside from the mall, it is surrounded by a lot of other large stores and restaurants. The mall has a typical food court, but outside the Mall they have some very nice sit down restaurants.. And if that isn't enough, is you pass the mall going to a road called Causeway Blvd, you have even more nice restaurants and shopping.
You are also in a good location if you are wanting to drive to Tampa for a quick trip. Ybor City is just about 15 minutes down the Hwy 60, and a district called Channelside is about 5 minutes more past Ybor. There are actually quite a bit of Tampa activities that you will still be close to this location, and I am sure the front desk can help you out there.
Whether a quick trip or a few days, I think everyone would be pleased with their stay at this hotel. And jut an FYI, a few years back I had to stay one night at a hotel and chose the neighbor-La Quinta-next door cause it was a little cheaper. You get what you pay for...I am just sayin'. So just beware.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor have tall ceilings. Rooms on the parking lot side could be a little louder...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank maxona
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your positive and very descriptive review. I am glad to see that you think highly of our establishment and the surrounding area. Your review will help a lot of visitors in their search for hotels. We hope you continue to choose us as your favorite hotel in the Tampa/Brandon area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is very clean. The rooms are typical of a Holliday Inn Express. I like to stay with Holliday Inn because there are no surprises. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable. This particular hotel is not within walking distance of ANYTHING. It Is a good hike to any restaurants. There is only one way in and out of the hotel. As it would happen a semi had gotten stuck trying to get in to the hotel blocking the driveway. I know this is not a typical event but it drove home the fact that if I had to get out of their parking lot in an emergency I would have been stuck.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nan B
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn Express. I apologize for the inconvenience of the semi truck getting stuck at our entrance. We attempted to get the tow truck out here as soon as possible. We are in discussions to find a more suitable parking situation for our semi trucks. I hope you give us another chance to make your say great.

Jared Denz
Front Office Manager
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here. Both times were wonderful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff helpful and nice. Love the location as it is close to the Brandon Town Center Mall and close to I75. Many places to choose from to eat that are close by for lunch or dinner. The free continental breakfast was very good and a great way to start the day. Love the view of the pond from the breakfast area. When we arrived we found that the towels were still damp in the bathroom and they were quickly replaced after a call to the front desk. Also, the bottle of lotion in the bathroom had been used. Overall, however, the stay was pleasant!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.
Oak Park, IL
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for quite a while, and when our flight was delayed from Chicago to Orlando--causing us to miss a connecting flight and forcing a decision to drive--we were concerned about the additional expense of staying at a hotel. We chose the HIE because of its very reasonable rates and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

[One very minor observation, something that I'm sure was just one of those things: While the room and bathroom were very clean, I picked up the hand cream (part of the toiletries provided) and opened it to use some. Not only had it been used before, but a hair had been left behind. I can see how it would be easy to miss, but perhaps the general rule should be to replace these before the next guest whether the toiletries look used or not!]

The staff member who greeted us was friendly and capable, and we were very happy with our room and with the very ample breakfast the next day. We will definitely think of the HI as a place to stop.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the experience with the toiletries. I will discuss this with our housekeepers and inform them this is unacceptable. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in town.
Hunters Creek, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was in Brandon for two weeks on business, and my company chose this hotel for me. I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Let me tell you, I could not have asked for a better experience! The entire hotel was very clean, from the lobby to the the floors to the rooms. The decor was organized, neat, and up to date. There was also a nice patio with a lake view in the back, as well as a swimming pool.

My room had a very comfortable queen bed, with a flat screen HDTV, a microwave, and a nice-sized fridge. The maid service was also very good. Every day when I returned from work I would find my room cleaned with all garbage removed, and they even organized my toiletries in my bathroom for me, which was a nice touch.

The employees were very kind and the free continental breakfast was quite enjoyable as well. Another nice touch was the guest appreciation dinner that was held on the Tuesday of my stay, where they had free pizza, sodas, and beer for guests to enjoy.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient, as it is less than 5 minutes from I-75 and is right down the street from Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and a shopping mall with other stores and restaurants.

If I had to give a complaint, it would be that on my last day the fire alarm went off at 6 AM but quickly turned off after about 30 seconds. I'm not sure what that was all about.

Overall it was a great experience, and while I didn't choose this hotel on my own, I certainly would in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your review to housekeeping and front desk. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you staying with us again. Hopefully next time there wont be a fire alarm going off at six AM.
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you are looking for a quiet hotel with a nice pool and outdoor patio area (with a fountain, lake and ducks swimming) this is it! Close to restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster) and easy off of I-75, but seeems far from traffic. Felt safe running in a neighborhood close by on a Saturday morning. Staff were very accomodating too. Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, bth gel and lotion were provided. Very comfortable beds and 4 pillows per bed. Frig and microwave too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cmangie
Thank you for your great review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. We looked forward to staying with us again.
sweden
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at the newly Holiday Inn express in Brandon. Have stayed here before but now after the latest update the hotel holds a very nice and comfortbale standard.Breakfast is good and the location great. Near shopping and still close to downtown Tampa. The rooms and the beds are fabolous. Slept like a manatee.Very nice. Highly recommended.
PS the pool is really superfresh also with a nice view of the pond and palm trees.

Room Tip: choose a room towards the pond for a nice view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rickard_9
Daphne C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Brandon. Glad to hear you enjoyed the shopping area and our swimming pool.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon? Share your experiences!