I use to live in the area and was back on business and chose HIE because I find that they have been pretty consistent as far as the rooms and service, which are good. I chose a single room, which was clean and comfortable. I also liked the fact that for the price, you get a mini frig and microwave in the room, which some other chains do not offer in their cheaper rooms. I was on the main floor and the ceilings were very high, giving the room a larger feel. I was placed near the lobby area, which I was worried might be noisy, but it wasn't. The only time I heard noise from the hallway was when I was up near the bathroom area. The doors also do not slam shut on their own which is good and cuts down on some of the noise of other guests coming and going from their rooms.
If you are traveling through the area and stopping for the night, it is located right off of I-75. You will drive down Hwy 60 just a short way, and turn left like you are going into one of the shopping centers and follow that road. You will see the hotel a little past the stores on the left.
If you chose to go out for the evening, this is a great spot for all sorts of activities. The majority of the nicer restaurants are right near the location you are. You will see the shopping center you pass to get to the hotel is large. There is the movie theater there. As well as several sit down restaurants, that can't be 30 second drive from the hotel. If you cross the hwy, you will be at the Mall. Aside from the mall, it is surrounded by a lot of other large stores and restaurants. The mall has a typical food court, but outside the Mall they have some very nice sit down restaurants.. And if that isn't enough, is you pass the mall going to a road called Causeway Blvd, you have even more nice restaurants and shopping.
You are also in a good location if you are wanting to drive to Tampa for a quick trip. Ybor City is just about 15 minutes down the Hwy 60, and a district called Channelside is about 5 minutes more past Ybor. There are actually quite a bit of Tampa activities that you will still be close to this location, and I am sure the front desk can help you out there.
Whether a quick trip or a few days, I think everyone would be pleased with their stay at this hotel. And jut an FYI, a few years back I had to stay one night at a hotel and chose the neighbor-La Quinta-next door cause it was a little cheaper. You get what you pay for...I am just sayin'. So just beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon is pleased to announce their “Grand Re-Opening”. This corporate and government, business based hotel has just completed a full renovation on all areas, inside and out, floor to ceiling. Everything is brand new, modern and beautiful, ripe and ready to ensure the guests staying there will have a successful and profitable visit to the Brandon-Tampa area. The Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon started with their hotel rooms adding a fresh, new look and replaced the carpet, bathroom tile, counter tops and fixtures, as well as the bedding. They have also re-painted and added mini refrigerators and microwaves to all the rooms. Along with renovating the rooms the guests hallways have received new carpet, wall paper and light fixtures. Not stopping there, the Holiday Inn Express also renovated all of their public areas including their lobby, breakfast room, public restrooms, meeting rooms and pool area. The lobby and breakfast area have received new tile, wallpaper and paint, new furniture and layout. Walls have been removed to open the two spaces and provide guests relaxing in the lobby and breakfast room a beautiful view of our courtyard and lake. The meeting rooms have been given an upscale design with deep reds and blues, new carpet and new granite counter tops. Just outside Tampa’s city limits in Brandon, Fl we are close to all of areas points of interest and attractions. We are located 1/2 miles to I-75, 3 miles to I-4 & the ICE Sports Forum, 9 miles to USA BMX Riverview, 5 miles to JC Handly Sports Complex & Brandon Sports Aquatic Center, 7 miles to Hard Rock Casino, 5 Miles to the Florida State Fairgrounds & 1-800AskGary Amphitheater, 10 miles to the Tampa Convention Center, 15 miles to Busch Gardens, 12 miles to Raymond James Stadium & 18 miles to the Tampa Airport (TPA). Whether you are visiting for business, in town for a concert, going to the parks, or visiting family and friends we are the place to stay. We are also within 1/4 mile (walking distance) to the AMC Theater, Grand Regency Shopping Plaza, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, & the Westfield Mall which hosts 157 stores and 6 restaurants. Our hotel offers rooms with two double beds and rooms with single king beds. We also have a complete interior corridor building, lakeside outdoor pool & courtyard, fitness center, on-site laundry facilities, free hot breakfast, free WIFI, meeting room rental, free daily parking & free daily housekeeping. Unlike other hotels the area, our hotel lets you "Stay Smart" with a name you can trust at a price you can afford. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon Hotel Brandon
- Holiday Inn Brandon
- Holiday Inn Express Brandon
- Brandon Holiday Inn