Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon
US$67
Red Roof
US$137
Courtyard
All reviewsfree ice creamfront deskred lobsternice breakfast arearoom was cleanwarm cookiesbreakfast barhot breakfastfree breakfastflat screen tvsitting areaspecial thanksup to datewonderful hotelgreat place to stayupon checkeasy access
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Brandon, FL earlier this November on a business trip. I had to leave the hotel early each morning and started with a good breakfast. The folks at the front desk were very helpful in recommending places to eat in the area and the room was very nice for relaxing or working. It is very convenient to I-75 and not far from the downtown area of Tampa without getting caught up in all the downtown traffic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you Reginald for your positive review. It is great to see the feedback of guests that enjoyed their stay. We pride ourselves on Guest Care throughout the entire hotel. I am glad that every employee you encountered was helpful. Its always nice when you can say a business trip was relaxing. We hope you choose our hotel again next time you have a business trip to the Tampa/Brandon area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

2 nights, business trip.

Clean hotel, seems fairly new or upgraded. I usually choose HIE if I can when travelling. Close to I-75. Had a fridge, microwave and small coffee maker. Breakfast was the usual HIE fare - lots of bready carbs, scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage (depending on the day), fruit, juice, milk, yogurt. Hotel was quiet except at night you could hear a train. Had to drive elsewhere to eat lunch/dinner. 4 out of 5 for the last two items. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Back side I could hear a train. Not sure if you could hear traffic from the front. Train was not constant so not sure which would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing to stay at the holiday inn express in the Tampa Brandon area. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your accommodations and breakfast. Unfortunately we cannot do much about the train that is near by. We hope you choose o stay with us again during your next business trip.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I use to live in the area and was back on business and chose HIE because I find that they have been pretty consistent as far as the rooms and service, which are good. I chose a single room, which was clean and comfortable. I also liked the fact that for the price, you get a mini frig and microwave in the room, which some other chains do not offer in their cheaper rooms. I was on the main floor and the ceilings were very high, giving the room a larger feel. I was placed near the lobby area, which I was worried might be noisy, but it wasn't. The only time I heard noise from the hallway was when I was up near the bathroom area. The doors also do not slam shut on their own which is good and cuts down on some of the noise of other guests coming and going from their rooms.
If you are traveling through the area and stopping for the night, it is located right off of I-75. You will drive down Hwy 60 just a short way, and turn left like you are going into one of the shopping centers and follow that road. You will see the hotel a little past the stores on the left.
If you chose to go out for the evening, this is a great spot for all sorts of activities. The majority of the nicer restaurants are right near the location you are. You will see the shopping center you pass to get to the hotel is large. There is the movie theater there. As well as several sit down restaurants, that can't be 30 second drive from the hotel. If you cross the hwy, you will be at the Mall. Aside from the mall, it is surrounded by a lot of other large stores and restaurants. The mall has a typical food court, but outside the Mall they have some very nice sit down restaurants.. And if that isn't enough, is you pass the mall going to a road called Causeway Blvd, you have even more nice restaurants and shopping.
You are also in a good location if you are wanting to drive to Tampa for a quick trip. Ybor City is just about 15 minutes down the Hwy 60, and a district called Channelside is about 5 minutes more past Ybor. There are actually quite a bit of Tampa activities that you will still be close to this location, and I am sure the front desk can help you out there.
Whether a quick trip or a few days, I think everyone would be pleased with their stay at this hotel. And jut an FYI, a few years back I had to stay one night at a hotel and chose the neighbor-La Quinta-next door cause it was a little cheaper. You get what you pay for...I am just sayin'. So just beware.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor have tall ceilings. Rooms on the parking lot side could be a little louder in the night if noisy cars/trucks or motorcycles are coming in. The back side of the hotel may be a little quieter late at night. The ice machines and vending machines are at the very end of the hallway (to the right when you come in the front doors), and it may be a little noisy occasionally.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank maxona
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your positive and very descriptive review. I am glad to see that you think highly of our establishment and the surrounding area. Your review will help a lot of visitors in their search for hotels. We hope you continue to choose us as your favorite hotel in the Tampa/Brandon area.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is very clean. The rooms are typical of a Holliday Inn Express. I like to stay with Holliday Inn because there are no surprises. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable. This particular hotel is not within walking distance of ANYTHING. It Is a good hike to any restaurants. There is only one way in and out of the hotel. As it would happen a semi had gotten stuck trying to get in to the hotel blocking the driveway. I know this is not a typical event but it drove home the fact that if I had to get out of their parking lot in an emergency I would have been stuck.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nan B
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn Express. I apologize for the inconvenience of the semi truck getting stuck at our entrance. We attempted to get the tow truck out here as soon as possible. We are in discussions to find a more suitable parking situation for our semi trucks. I hope you give us another chance to make your say great.

Jared Denz
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here. Both times were wonderful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff helpful and nice. Love the location as it is close to the Brandon Town Center Mall and close to I75. Many places to choose from to eat that are close by for lunch or dinner. The free continental breakfast was very good and a great way to start the day. Love the view of the pond from the breakfast area. When we arrived we found that the towels were still damp in the bathroom and they were quickly replaced after a call to the front desk. Also, the bottle of lotion in the bathroom had been used. Overall, however, the stay was pleasant!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.