Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon
US$67
Red Roof
US$137
Courtyard
All reviewsfree ice creamfront deskred lobsternice breakfast arearoom was cleanwarm cookiesbreakfast barhot breakfastfree breakfastflat screen tvsitting areaspecial thanksup to datewonderful hotelgreat place to stayupon checkeasy access
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room is very good, I like the fact that it there are both a small fridge and a microwave in the room. The breakfast is good as usual. the front dest is polite but noramlly keep its distance with the customer. we were assigned to a room just over the entry and it is kind of noisy.

The hotel location is very good through.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you Just G for your feedback. I like to use the feedback from here to make our hotel better for the guests. We will have to look into what we can do to make that area a little less noisy. I would like to get more information on your issues with the front desk. If you could contact me at 813-643-3800 I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, price was great and the complimentary breakfast was very nice. The location is close to shopping, movies and restaurants. The highway is close, you can hear it from outside, but the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback about your stay. It is great to be so close to the highway so travelers can see our beautiful hotel but sometimes you can hear it off n the distance. Luckily we are far enough away that it does not cause too much distraction. I am happy to see that our staff displayed great customer care. I hope that you come visit us again during your next stay to the Tampa/Brandon area.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Brandon, FL earlier this November on a business trip. I had to leave the hotel early each morning and started with a good breakfast. The folks at the front desk were very helpful in recommending places to eat in the area and the room was very nice for relaxing or working. It is very convenient to I-75 and not far from the downtown area of Tampa without getting caught up in all the downtown traffic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you Reginald for your positive review. It is great to see the feedback of guests that enjoyed their stay. We pride ourselves on Guest Care throughout the entire hotel. I am glad that every employee you encountered was helpful. Its always nice when you can say a business trip was relaxing. We hope you choose our hotel again next time you have a business trip to the Tampa/Brandon area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

2 nights, business trip.

Clean hotel, seems fairly new or upgraded. I usually choose HIE if I can when travelling. Close to I-75. Had a fridge, microwave and small coffee maker. Breakfast was the usual HIE fare - lots of bready carbs, scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage (depending on the day), fruit, juice, milk, yogurt. Hotel was quiet except at night you could hear a train. Had to drive elsewhere to eat lunch/dinner. 4 out of 5 for the last two items. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Back side I could hear a train. Not sure if you could hear traffic from the front. Train was not constant so not sure which would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Daphne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing to stay at the holiday inn express in the Tampa Brandon area. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your accommodations and breakfast. Unfortunately we cannot do much about the train that is near by. We hope you choose o stay with us again during your next business trip.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I use to live in the area and was back on business and chose HIE because I find that they have been pretty consistent as far as the rooms and service, which are good. I chose a single room, which was clean and comfortable. I also liked the fact that for the price, you get a mini frig and microwave in the room, which some other chains do not offer in their cheaper rooms. I was on the main floor and the ceilings were very high, giving the room a larger feel. I was placed near the lobby area, which I was worried might be noisy, but it wasn't. The only time I heard noise from the hallway was when I was up near the bathroom area. The doors also do not slam shut on their own which is good and cuts down on some of the noise of other guests coming and going from their rooms.
If you are traveling through the area and stopping for the night, it is located right off of I-75. You will drive down Hwy 60 just a short way, and turn left like you are going into one of the shopping centers and follow that road. You will see the hotel a little past the stores on the left.
If you chose to go out for the evening, this is a great spot for all sorts of activities. The majority of the nicer restaurants are right near the location you are. You will see the shopping center you pass to get to the hotel is large. There is the movie theater there. As well as several sit down restaurants, that can't be 30 second drive from the hotel. If you cross the hwy, you will be at the Mall. Aside from the mall, it is surrounded by a lot of other large stores and restaurants. The mall has a typical food court, but outside the Mall they have some very nice sit down restaurants.. And if that isn't enough, is you pass the mall going to a road called Causeway Blvd, you have even more nice restaurants and shopping.
You are also in a good location if you are wanting to drive to Tampa for a quick trip. Ybor City is just about 15 minutes down the Hwy 60, and a district called Channelside is about 5 minutes more past Ybor. There are actually quite a bit of Tampa activities that you will still be close to this location, and I am sure the front desk can help you out there.
Whether a quick trip or a few days, I think everyone would be pleased with their stay at this hotel. And jut an FYI, a few years back I had to stay one night at a hotel and chose the neighbor-La Quinta-next door cause it was a little cheaper. You get what you pay for...I am just sayin'. So just beware.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor have tall ceilings. Rooms on the parking lot side could be a little louder in the night if noisy cars/trucks or motorcycles are coming in. The back side of the hotel may be a little quieter late at night. The ice machines and vending machines are at the very end of the hallway (to the right when you come in the front doors), and it may be a little noisy occasionally.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank maxona
Jared D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa-Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your positive and very descriptive review. I am glad to see that you think highly of our establishment and the surrounding area. Your review will help a lot of visitors in their search for hotels. We hope you continue to choose us as your favorite hotel in the Tampa/Brandon area.