“So glad we gave it a try & WILL BE BACK”

Tsunami Sushi & Hibachi Grill
Ranked #55 of 303 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Japanese
Tampa, Florida
“So glad we gave it a try & WILL BE BACK”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had searched for a restaurant both sushi & non-sushi eaters could eat in Brandon last March. Unfortunately plans changed, but us the sushi eaters were in the area yesterday and stopped in for a late lunch. The waiter was both knowledgeable, helpful, and prompt. When we inquired about a few menu items and the differences, he explained thoroughly and had recommendations for us. I took his recommendation & was so happy with the dish - hurricane something. Nice to be able to have choice between Nori or rice paper. Mine came in rice paper - made it lighter and not as filling. Husband had a roll with eel in it that he enjoyed as well. Then we shared a spicy tuna roll and again were very happy with the presentation, consistency, and taste. Place was very clean (including bathroom) and the tables were spread out nicely so it was private enough - not on top of other patrons. Because we live so far from there we won't be able to have dinner there, but we now have a new lunch place in Brandon. I'm just now reading Jessica's review as I'm typing this where she saw an unprofessional chef. Well I guess I would not have tried the place had I read that review, but we have and enjoyed the food. Next time we will sit at the sushi bar and watch and will report back. I'd like to hope that was an isolated case, but then again there have been those same stories about 5 star restaurants too.

• Visited May 2014

Tampa
“Best sushi in Brandon”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Love Tsunami! Delicious, creative rolls and very friendly service. The atmosphere is very modern and hip as well. Try the fried ice cream!!

Visited February 2014
“good sushi”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

sushi is good and come out fast almost no wait at friday night.and nice decor.i order the celina roll is woderful and sashimi combo those fish was so fresh better .also is good price.

Brandon, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

So sitting at the sushi bar waiting for our food and watching them make the sushi. As I'm watching I see the chef drop a piece of the roll on the floor and pick it up and set it aside. So of course I keep watching and I was shocked to see him slide it back onto the plate and then serve it!!!!!!!!!! I was cringing thinking it was ours, but thank gosh it was not! I then called over the waiter over and explained what happened and I wanted to speak to a manager and then he came over and I told him what happened. He went over in front of us and started talking to him and then came back and rattled off something else and I told the waiter I just wanted the bill and to leave as this was so awkward and uncomfortable to have to listen to them go back and forth in front of us. We just paid the bill and left. I will NEVER go back!!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jessica16823
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Habachi Lovers place to be!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and was a relaxing environment. Had to wait a little bit for a drink refill, but that was only because my server was so busy! The food is excellent. I suggest the chicken habachi- it was delicious! The salad that comes with the meal was also impressive! I will definitely go back when I visit Brandon again.

• Visited August 2013