“Great Barbeque!”

Deep South Family Bar-B-Que
Ranked #10 of 130 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great Barbeque!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My daughter and I stopped at this barbeque place after passing it for many years. I am so glad that we stopped. They were not expensive at all (cash only). We both got beef brisket sandwiches ($4.99, including chips). He let my daughter substitute fries for the chips. Did not really like the fries. My daughter loved the sandwich. She said that it was the best bbq sandwich she ever had. I felt it was a little fatty. Love the atmosphere (screened in porch, small playground, outdoor swing). The best part was that they made the banana pudding fresh for my daughter. It was great! Everyone was friendly. Even the customers were talking with each other (about how much the loved the place!). We will definitely stop here again!

• Visited July 2013

“Soooooo good !!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Awesome BBQ. I have had it twice now. The first time my husband ordered take-out as he was driving through Brooksville & saw the charmng little place. He drove it home (45 minutes). The pulled pork sandwiches were great ! The sweet slaw-delish ! The fried green tomatoes-OUTSTANDING, even at room temperature after the 45 minute commute. Had it again today at the restaurant. Again-FANTASTIC. Great ribs,brisket,pulled pork, fried green tomatoes & sweet potato casserole were some of the best we have ever had (and my husband's from Texas). The place is very clean & very well decorated. Love it !

Palmetto, Florida
“Great Ribs average sides”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Tried this spot since I have passed it many times. Finally got there today. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich and I had the baby back ribs (I received some very large ribs which may have been back but not babyback). The meats were both cooked to perfection, She said that the pulled pork was tasty and tender. My rib meat fell off the bone and were smoked to perfection. My mac and cheese was about the same as Kraft in the microwave pack. I did like my fried apples and she was happy with the slaw and potatoe salad. The atmosphere was folksy with lots of wood and it was like eating on someone's realy nice screened porch. Help was friendly and really concerned over your enjoyment of the meal. Skip the sodas as they all come in cans with an iced filled cup to pour them in.

They were very good on the meats and should do some work on the side dishes.

Brooksville, Florida
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We went to Deep South during lunch a few days before and had great ribs, a great pulled pork sandwich and very good sides of okra and sweet potato casserole.
I got a menu to go and asked if the hours printed were correct.
"Pretty much. Sometimes the bread isn't ready at the bakery so we may open a half hour later or it may be slow so we may close a little early". I can work with that. Sunday they close at 6:00. We called at 5:00 to place an order and was told they're closed because they're having a private party. Great....except we had invited friends for dinner and planned on getting Deep South to go. So, the hours depend on if the bread is ready, business is slow or they're doing a private party.
Really too bad because we liked the food but won't go back because we don't want to guess if they're open and I don't want to have to have a back up meal ready to prepare (which I didn't) in case they have more profitable customers.

The villages
“Great roadside BBQ”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had the beef brisket sandwich and fried green tomatoes. Both were delicious! I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of staff! This place is definitely worth the stop for great BBQ! Loved the outside picnic area and swing set for kids also:)

• Visited May 2013