“3 rooms in 1 nite with bedbugs..infested!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is the 1st time i got a chance to try this place becuase it is fairly new and never got to before. . i get to my first room on the 1st floor (105?) room had musty smell, bed linens looked aged and tinged yellowish. i pull of the comforter thinking it was just the color. what do i see? bedbugs running across the mattress and i hit one with my paper..blood squirted on the sheets grosss!!! (national disaster right now across the country)
i called front desk and spoke to daniel and asked for an immediate room swap. he apologized and sent me to the 2nd floor. my inpulse tells me to check in and around the bed in this room and as i am not surpised, the bedbugs were around the crevaces of the furniture and underneathe the mattress of this room. this time i didnt bother to call the front desk and went down myself.
the nite desk person (same guy) rolled hjis eyes at me and tells me "you gotta be kidding me" in a sly voice which ticked me off. since it was 1am and i was tired flew in from california, i allowed him to walk me to another room on the 3rd floor. i get into the room and he walked in there with me just in case i found anything he would be there to see it. "whatya know?" BEDBUGS!!! this hotel must be severely INFESTED if on all 3 levels there are bedbugs and not 1 or 2 like alot. you can see the droppings clustered around the furniture cravaces and eggs. even the guets next door woke up becuase i was loud came into the hallway asking if everything was alright, i told them to check their bed-sheets and furnture for bedbugs,,,they fiound em too.
i know all about this stuff because i travel ALOT and have been affected by this a few times. i always check. this place gave me the creeps and was bound not to stay which i had dan check me out early and had to fight the GM to refund my money.. i highly urge all upcoming guests to seriously think your itinerary over and realize there ismore to a hotel than just good looks and new based structure. i spoke to the manager the next day (charles?) and he said he was new and was not aware of the situation which is poor of him. it also shows that this company doest not take profit and sink it back into the property as needed. charles was a jerk with me over the phone and rude and when i went to ask him for his supervisors information he hung the phone up on me and called me an "[--]i called right back and he had the rest of my calls screened by soemone who doesnt speak good english at all and has even a far worse attitude. i never write a review on a place but decided this is in order for the rest of you traveling.
THIS PLACE HAS SERIOUS HEALTH WARNINGS!!!BE WARE!!

Room Tip: nasty place....bad management, rude too. looks new though...what a trick. they need to have this pla...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mike b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

mike b,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I assure you bed bugs are not a sanitary issue and IHG takes these concerns seriously. We recommend that our hotels undergo routine preventative procedures to guard against bed bugs. In the event that bed bugs are discovered, we recommend that the hotel's pest control specialists act to ensure that the bugs are eradicated and if necessary, the hotel discards and replaces all affected furniture and linens. Additionally, we recommend the guest room is taken out of service until the hotel is advised that the guest room is pest free. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 28 March 2012

From making the reservation (with a call back to my cell to inform/remind us about their free breakfast), check in, assistance with a room upgrade, helpful/kind/efficient housekeeping, and to check out---all with a common customer first mission. Well done to Maria and the gen mgr (apologies forgot his name)

• Stayed: March 2012
GuestServiceChampion, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear rjmmkitch:
Glad you noticed our guest are our "mission" here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This Holiday Inn has everything going for it: well-located just off I-75, large and comfortable lobby with two computers + printer. The rooms are spacious w/ high ceilings (making the room feel larger), comfortable bed & linens, HD flat screen TV, small "kitchenette" with 1/2 size fridge, cupboard and microwave, sensible & well-lit bathroom. There is a small pool, a small fitness room and free hot self-serve breakfast. Parking is ample. This is not a full-service hotel, it is a Holiday Inn Express and for this class of hotel, I give it an A++.

The best part is the customer service. I stayed with a group and Bill (the manager), Tim on the front desk, the woman who serves breakfast each morning, the 1st floor housekeeper and the maintenance gentleman (who went out of his way to get my broken alarm clock replaced even though I told him it was "no big deal") all went "above/beyond" to make sure our group was welcomed and taken care of. Bill, please make sure to share these acknowledgements with your employees...they're all doing a great job!

My only "critique" is the a/c unit below the window, which blows constantly unless you turn it off. A thermostat and central a/c would be nice... Enjoy your stay at this high-value/reasonably-priced hotel and check in with confidence.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mamamooch
GuestServiceChampion, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear Mamamooch:

THANK YOU! Your review exemplifies the dedication of our staff here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, in Brooksville, Florida, where our top priority is guest comfort, pleasurable relaxation and satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Checked in and was greeted by the staff, The room was clean and everything was in good working order. The breakfast was pretty good as well. They served a hot breakfast and my stay that week was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear sfcjones:

Great to hear your stay was "GREAT" here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida.
Hope you will return should your travel plans bring you our way again.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

just wanted to say - Daniel at the front desk was most helpful and friendly! thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear aowigh:

Daniel and every member of our friendly staff here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida says... thank you!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed here two days for a golf outing. The facility is either new or recently updated. The rooms were of a sufficient size, two King beds, one night stand, one work desk and the dresser where the TV was located. Lots of pillows and comfortable sheets. Plenty of towels, but no towel bars. There was a hot breakfast every morning with the hot ingredients changing, but usually eggs of some sort, sausage or ham, sausage gravy with biscuits and then the usual assortment of pastries, cereal, bagels and fruit.
There was a pool and hot tub, free WiFi, and other usual amenities. This was a good place to stay for the price, and having the full, hot breakfast is the big plus. We pretty much won't stay at a place unless it includes a full, hot breakfast.
The current posted rate (March, 2012) is about $115 per night, however, we paid about $80 per night, including the taxes.

Room Tip: Make sure you negotiate the lowest price available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
GuestServiceChampion, Guest Services Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Dear Fishlaw:

Wow! Thank you for being so descriptive of the many comforts we offer here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brooksville, Florida. Your comfort is what matters most to us.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have stayed at a few hotels in this area, and rate this hotel #1 - The Hampton across the interstate seemed old and in need of renovation - This Holiday Inn felt new and modern - The only issue was that when we turned back the bed, we noticed some hairs on the sheets - Housekeeping was called and immediately gave us fresh sheets - I did notice a little mold in the shower, but nothing we couldn't overlook - Great staff!!! We will stay here again! Great value!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear julieroadhouse,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate the kind comments about our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry your room conditions fell below your expectations. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City
#3 of 6 in Brooksville
Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center
22 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75? Share your experiences!