“Our first but not our last visit there”
Review of Besta One - CLOSED

Besta One
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had the privilege of going to one of KennE Grube's performances at Besta One Pizza. The restaurant itself was a bit of a shock. From the outside it looks rather small. But once you get inside it is quite the opposite. The only problem we saw it that is just wasn't big enough to hold all of the fans that showed up PLUS the regular customers for the restaurant. And we can understand why so many people come there. The food and service was EXCELLENT. Igrew up in the restaurant business with my parents and I couldn't stop complimenting how great the food was. So, hats off to all around; the food, the wait staff, the restaurant owner. GREAT JOB!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Referred by nearby hotel. Was not too hungry so decided to share the filet kabobs. The dish was excellent and the waiter was very accommodating to our requests. House dressing for the salad was very good. Would totally recommend this place and if ever in town again will come back to try some of the Italian dishes.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The food is really good SOMETIMES and other times not so much. The first time we came here a few months ago after the ownership had changed the food was amazing. I got the mushroom appetizer and caprese salad and my boyfriend got veal parm. The food was great and service was good. We have ordered take out multiple times. Pizza is really good. The takeout food is not always that great. I have ordered their huge salad and the dressing was overwhelming strong with vinegar. I actually enjoy the taste of vinegar but this actually burned my throat. We decided we weren't going to do takeout and only dine in. We went for dinner in the evening and I got baked ziti which was a enormous dish and came out great and I forgot what he got but probably veal or chicken which he always eats. Food was good, service was horrible. We went again for lunch and I got the mushroom sandwich (don't remember the exact name) and it was okay and he got the penne ala vodka and asked for meatballs on the side. They decided to replace the bacon and other meat that normally comes in the dish and cut up chunks of meatballs and mix it in to the pasta. He has also ordered the stuffed meatballs multiple times. Sometimes it comes with the ingredients listed on the menu and sometimes without. Basically there is NO consistency and it seems like new chefs and new wait staff all of the time. Unfortunately we probably won't visit again because of the up and down with the food and we never know what kind of service/quality we will be getting. I should add that the dessert is really good as well. Last time we ate here though we both got sick afterward (since we don't eat the same food we are assuming it was the dessert which is the only thing that we had the same). It is a shame because they could have regular customers if they could manage the place better. I gave it 4 stars because when the food is good it is really good.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I went with my girlfriend for our anniversy and I was beyond disapointed with the service. Im not the type to complain but this was rediculous. The girl that served us thought it was more important to smoke and I knew because I smelt it on her and she didnt even wash her hands when she returned. She was on her cell phone texting and not paying attention at all. Very unperfessional and discusted. I wasnt asked if we wanted desert and I didnt even bother because she brought me the check before I could even ask for desert. The food was ok but for the price the service should be up to par. I will NEVER go back.

2  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I went to the restaurant for the first time today, he was hungry for pizza. The hostess sat us in a booth in front of the pizza ovens, which being in Florida you would think this was a bad move. BUT, today's weather was a little chilly so it was warm and cozy and we got to watch our pizza being made... and it was worth the wat while it was baking. Fresh ingredients and cooked just right. The restarant is a hidden treasure in Brooksville, I only wish the would deliver pizza to my home, but the restarant is cozy, very clea ( the ladies room has some great antiques and decor). Our server was related to the man who made our pizza and we thoroughly enjoyed his pizza and her great service. A friend had recommended the restaurant and I will thank her for this one!