“Shut down this Zoo”
Review of Boyett's Grove

Boyett's Grove
Ranked #12 of 33 things to do in Brooksville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The zoo is dirty, the cages are small, the food you buy to feed them looks alot like old bread, the walk ways are dangerous with hoses laying across the walks and the cement is uneven. I was so sad to see this 'zoo'. Hopefully it is closed soon..

1  Thank Diane H
"old style"
"blast from the past"
"small cost"
in 2 reviews
"petting zoo for the kids"
"animal sanctuary"
"dime store"

Reviewed 14 February 2018

A very eclectic road side attraction that we are glad to have added to our Family Spring Break Road Trip. You really have to see this for yourself to understand. We went a year ago and still talk about it. Word of caution though, there was one area outside near the animal exhibits where a ton of rats were hanging out. Scared the bejeebers out of me :O

3  Thank Crysnelson
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I used to come here when I was a kid to see all of the different attractions and exhibits and it was fun! They have recently made some drastic changes which aren't necessarily bad but different from what I remember. You can check out some of the smaller exhibits for free as well as browse the gift shop. They have their own small ice cream parlor as well (separate purchase). If you wish to see the animals or aquarium exhibit it is a separate price but not too expensive. I recommend this for families, especially with younger children.

2  Thank rjfla95
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We were told about this place last year. After visiting with my 4 yr old, we went again this year. They have food for the animals that you buy for a very small cost. You can also play miniature golf there for extra. The zoo is awesome for all ages. You walk thru shades walk ways. There are animals out in the field, mowed well, and they are all awesome. There is one animal in a cage that is above ypu. There is a bucket on the walkway, you put something in it and they pulley it up. So cool. It is a smaller zoo to going to the big onw. Relaxing, fun for all.

2  Thank Asbttybp
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I don't know how anyone can say the animals here are in bad conditions. I go regularly including today, and they are NOT mistreated that I have ever seen, in any way. The animals are all well fed and cared for. The owner is on site and very nice - and you can tell they love their animals. I see people working cleaning and feeding them at all different times every time w go. I love to feed all the animals! They are all friendly and gently take food from you. I'd go every week if I had the time.