“Sorry, I won't be back. ” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 129 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
“Sorry, I won't be back. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Disappointed in this place. This was my first visit so I only had prior reviews to go by. I had high hopes. Sigh.

I will say, the staff is very friendly.

Unfortunately, the only thing I would order again is the fries. And they are nothing special. Just the frozen ones you could buy at any grocery with some garlic salt on them.

The fish tacos were made of a previously frozen glorified fish stick. I ate half of one of the two included in the order and threw the rest away. It was that bad. For those who think these are GOOD, you are SO missing out on what a good fish taco is.

The steak sandwich was tasty. However I decided to add mushrooms to it. Bad move. They were canned mushrooms. I HATE canned mushrooms. IMO they shouldn't be included in any pre-apocalyptic restaurant's kitchen.

There is a sign that says to be patient while they cook everything to order. However, they don't let you know that nothing is actually fresh that they are cooking fresh for you.

With some improvements in the food quality I would be happy to come back. You could actually save on food costs by buying fresh while items and prepping them yourselves. Buy some fresh tilapia (super cheap AND tasty) and make your fish tacos with fish that actually has the taste and texture of fish. Then you could use the same fish to make a fried and a grilled or blackened fish taco. Use FRESH mushrooms. Cut your own vegetables instead of using all of the pre sliced, processed and frozen stuff. I would pay more for good quality tasty food.

Such a disappointment.

Sorry guys. I won't be back.

steakbossmgmt, Owner at Steak Boss, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Unfortunately you were not pleased with a couple of items out of 28 that we have on our menu.Everyone has a right to their own opinion we would like to thank you for yours.Here is list of some of the top quality ingredients we use daily : Fresh steak,chicken breast and pork marinated and slow-cooked for 11 hrs.Lettuce,tomato,onions,cilantro,peppers,mushrooms limes,besides homemade potato salad and coleslaw including all in house made sauces : cream cilantro,garlic house,and chipotle.Our fish taco's are Alaskan Pollock.
Steak Boss Mgmt

Spring Hill, Florida
“I crave this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I love Steak Boss! I go there several times a month to get my Steak Boss fix. It's a drive-thru (no inside) with picnic tables if you'd like to eat there. Or just take it to go. Everything I've tried is fantastic but my two favorite menu items are the fish tacos and the chicken panini. I dream about the sauce on the fish tacos...really! It's THAT good! And the chicken panini with the bacon & tomatoes is great! Everything is made to order so you'll wait a few minutes but for the fresh hot food that they consistently serve, it's worth it. And they're always nice and friendly too. Go check it out!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank DalovelyDamanda
Brooksville, Florida
“Still great food, still a good price. Check it out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stopped by again, it had been a while as we moved out of the area. The food was still as great as we remembered, friendly service and decent prices for what you get. While this is a drive through and not an inside, sit down restaurant don't think for a minute it is anything like other fast food places. They serve amazing, freshly cooked cheese steaks, fish tacos, pulled pork and more that will blow you away. Great fresh, hot food that is often more than you can eat in one sitting. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Travelergirlfrom1972
Ocala, Florida
“Awesome best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Wow! Best food in the hernando county everything was fresh and made to order .You can taste the quality of the food .We drive all the way from Ocala weekly that's how good the food is.The staff is so nice and friendly it's a pleasure to go to a place with great fresh food and a great staff..Well worth the trip you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Brian T
Tampa, Florida
“Good Philly Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The good taste of the Philly cheese steak sandwiches have called me to leave the main road and turn into their drive several times. Even when I have had dinner, I have to take one with me for later.

• Visited September 2013