“Parents should control their children, hotel should control the parents”

Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We were exhausted from two days of driving 12 hours each day and were looking forward to an early evening at the Quality Inn. The room was acceptable, and pet friendly, which is all we need in a motel, that and quiet. We did not get the quiet we needed. Over five different teams of boys and girls started pouring into the motel parking lot around 8pm. We asked at the front desk what the policy is regarding noise and children, they assured us that the kids will be in bed by 9pm, that the pool and other facilities close at 10 pm, so it should be quiet after that. Well, I called the desk after 10 when kids were still running and screaming past our ground floor window, the manager assured me they would do their rounds and quiet them down. Half an hour later the kids were running and screaming again. Finally, when they had a shouting match in front of my darkened door, I opened the door and yelled at them to be quiet, that people were trying to sleep, and where were their parents. Their parents were across the parking lot, apparently ok with their children's behavior. After receiving what I guess was the first discipline they've ever experienced (from me) they quieted down for a little while, then started up again. Around 11:45 they pounded on our motel door, I guess to let us know that they "won". We paid $25 more for our room because we brought in a little dog, who stayed quiet-it doesn't seem right that these kids probably stayed free and disrupted the stay of a number of people. I would recommend to anyone hoping to get a good night's sleep at any motel to ask if there is a convention, or if the hotel is hosting a group of any kind, if they are, find a quieter motel.

Room Tip: carpets are pretty cruddy, but otherwise clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsFlyFisher
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

MrsFlyFisher,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We truly regret that other guests caused you trouble during your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we might redeem ourselves. Large groups, especially of children, can sometimes be rowdy. We do what we can to control them, but we can't be everywhere at once. In the future, if you find yourself at a large hotel with a convention or large group ask if you can stay in a room further from the group.

Reviewed 1 March 2011

I'm a Diamond Hiltonite, but the Hampton Inn next door was not available. I tried this and was stunned by the high quality for sixty four dollars plus. I don't eat much, but the breakfast was a complete hot and cold buffet diligently covered by a hard working young lady. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Could get some road noise but I had the AC going which worked fine. Best value I have had in a long time. Don't understand the negative comments. I am out fifty plus nights a year and wish all were like this.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a dog show and while it had a great dog walking area it was not a pleasant stay for the humans. Check in after hours was a nightmare trying to check in through a drive through that you could not understand anything that they were saying. Next the room was small, the bathroom was tiny not much room to turn around in. Towels were old and worn, don't plan on sleeping much as the bed is worn out and uncomfortable. The very worst part of the stay is the AC unit which puts out a horrible smell and the air is musty and left all of us sick with sinus problems.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Pet friendly hotel.Charge $25/stay.Lots of grass to walk dog.Room prices are moderate. Our room was clean,beds very comfortable,a/c worked good. Free breakfast was good. Staff is very nice and helpful.One negative is NO ELEVATOR(this is not indicated on website) .Would stay here again as long as 1st floor room is available.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank gabygoo
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2010

gabygoo,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad you and your pet enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future. If you have special needs during your stay, ie. ground floor room, don't hesitate to ask an Associate. We'll do our best to accommodate you.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

Traveling south on 75 to visit family, we found great accomodations at Quality Inn Suites in Brooksville. The staff made me feel really welcome, upon arrival I was greeted with great smiling employees. The rooms were clean and even though I was concern with noise from 75 we could hear none and we slept like babies. In the morning they serve us a great breakfast. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

tsungdo,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Even though I-75 is visible from the hotel, our location shields us form much of the noise, and the rooms themselves close out the rest. We look forward to seeing you again as you travel this way. Next time ask an Associate about some of the great food available in our area.

Reviewed 6 October 2009

Things have changed at this hotel. The security has gotten much better. The lighting and the cops cover this place very well. This past weekend was the Enduro run out at Richloam and although I had heard that this I-75 & SR 50 intersection was horrible for crime on any motorcross weekend, this hotel has taken steps to prevent anything from happening. Thanks and I would recommend this place if you go down to ride at Croom or any other area there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2009

American Travelman,
Glad to see you noticed the changes. We take our guest's comfort and security seriously, and our staff will do whatever necessary to insure that you have a great time. Be sure to ask the Associates about some of the great places to eat in the area, they can recommend something for any taste.

Reviewed 24 March 2009

There is a simple standard I use to judge any hotel we stay in.
1. Does everything work (HVAC- water/drains- outlets- etc)
2. Is it clean and in good repair
3. Is the staff friendly and helpful
4. Does it feel safe
5. Would I stay here again

The Best Western in Brooksville met and exceeded my expectations in each of these categories.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 3sunsets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee

Been to Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!