Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast
US$78
US$79
US$133
US$130
Days Inn Brooksville(Brooksville)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$107
Hotwire.com
US$64
US$58
All reviewsb bfire pitbreakfast bowlcontinental stylegreat getawaycentral floridafriendly catshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The overall rating for my stay here would be A+. All aspects of this lovely bed & breakfast were top notch including the relaxed atmosphere. The owners were attentive to your every wish and made you feel instantly welcome. There were numerous activities offered such as horse back riding even though I was not able to participate on this particular visit. The location is ideal for those wanting to be near various recreation facilities and still feel they are tucked away from it all.
I highly recommend this B & B for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: A two bedroom suite with shared bath is available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of Cypress House. We strive to make guests feel right at Home in this "Home away from Home". We love the fact that most area attractions are so nearby, yet you come back to the quiet of the country to relax. Looking to your next visit with a horse ride to be included.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

With family in Brooksvile and needing a place to stay we luckily found this B&B 20 minutes away. B&B's are my go to place, finding they offer a comfortable non institutional setting with personal touches that make a difference in the experience of being away from home. The Cypress house meets these expectations perfectly. It is clean, comfortable and welcoming. Amy and Michael are doing a fabulous job and it shows. The farm and the scenery are beatiful. As I only needed a bed and did not experience the true atmosphere of the farm I can't really make any statements regarding the ranch. But, I feel I can highly recommend the accommodations. My only comment was the breakfast. I am not sure if they actually do make fresh cooked breakfasts and this was an unusual day as Amy said that guests were unclear in their breakfast intentions, but what was offered was more continental in nature. Such as preheated pancakes and bacon and packaged cereal (all sweet) fresh fruit, yogurt and baked breads (cold). This was fine for me. But as our daughter is a barista and we are spoiled when it comes to coffee, that could definitely use some tweeking (only my opinion). But, as I said this B&B was a pleasant find and will be visiting everytime we get to Brooksville. Also important to note it is very close to 75 between Tampa and Ocala. So it is a definite better option than the hotels off of 75 in nearby Brooksville that are more costly.

Room Tip: Only stayed in room #1 with the queen bed. Corner room with high windows overlooking the farm and stable. Quiet, roomy and CLEAN!! Bed firmer but comfortable. Sheets soft. Older home so the floor boards squeak. Bathroom right outside room. Owners in the planning stages of putting a bathroom in this room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SLPgirl
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Happy that you enjoyed your stay so close to family. Breakfast is cooked fresh each morning, and served buffet style to the time that is requested. As this was an unusual weekend with the other guests not being sure how many, or what time they would come down, pancakes made for the easy way to offer something hot when each group arrived. We do not offer cooked to order as the requirements for that are different than continental style and require a commercial kitchen. Hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Amy and Michael do the best job in making you feel like your apart of their family, horses are very friendly especially for the non-riders, very well behaved! Amy/Tweety is just so open to teaching about these beautiful animals and my husband and I started coming on our 15th anniversary and every year after, we just celebrated our 20h! There is not enough good things to say. I love it here. We bring our children any chance we can she is great with them, very safe on trail, we usually book 1 night but stay at least 1 more.and we live in St.Petersburg, well worth the drive.

• Stayed: March 2014
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

We are very happy that you and your husband found us 5 years ago. We love that you know we a just a short drive away when you need a break from daily life, and still bring the family up for a weekend visit in between your mini vacations. It is a pleasure to share the charm of the country when you need a break from the bustle of St. Petersburg.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I are "horse people" That doesn't mean we know everything about them, nor are we Rolex quality riders. We are however, selective about where we stay and where we ride and we have strong opinions about the places we visit. Cypress House is a rare combination of truly knowledgeable horse professionals, service oriented B & B hosts and fantastic trails that are still in a remote area. We found this B & B to be a beautiful and unique place. The food is timely and excellent. The hosts went out of their way to be genuinely friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the beds were very nice. I believe the value is outstanding, as well. We will be going back. We've already started planning when we can do that. If you want a place where you can relax, enjoy the beauty of "old" Florida, ride some horses that are extremely well trained, this is the place. This is NOT a nose to tail, "passenger only" type of place. I believe they can handle riders from beginners to expert. We are well satisfied.

Room Tip: Choose rooms over the stables for privacy. Choose the rooms in the main house for more room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

We appreciate that most of our riders are not "Rolex" quality, yet having guests with some experience is a real treat for our horses. We try very hard to pair you up with the best "horse attitude" to meet your expectations and have a unique ride every time you go out. As you noticed, 2 of our rooms are a bit larger than the other 3, and we try to match the guests up with the one best suited for their length of stay, as well as how long they are going to be indoors verses outside enjoying the property, horses, or rocking chairs! Looking forward to your next visit, and the horses put in a request for ginger snaps cookies.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you would like the beauty of the country, the quiet from the city, the fun and excitement of animal life you have got to visit Cypress House B&B. After the hustle and bustle of Christmas my husband and I needed a getaway. This beautiful farm house has so much to offer. We sat on the balcony watching the horses come in to feed while turkey's came from 2 different directions to eat what the horses dropped. At night the calm breeze would blow through the tree's while the red birds flew from feeder to house enjoying their delight's.

They offer a wonderful trail ride with some of the most tame and loving pony horses I can say I have ever had the pleasure to ride. Out of 17 pony horses I could not make up my mind which I loved the most. They even have a few for sale of which if I had the land I would have taken one home. These are very well behaved horses, they have a schedule just like your children. Watch them from a distance when Amy calls them for breakfast one by one they know their names and which stall they are to go to and eat.

The breakfast was exactly what we needed Michael made sure we had our fill. Coffee ready when you want it. Clean and fresh smelling rooms. A place outside if you have pets. I can't say enough you have to check it out yourself. We love this place and are already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: Room on balcony is for anyone or whole family. All rooms are high so you see everything from any room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tigsue
cyhranch, Owner at Cypress House Ranch Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

So happy that you and your husband took a break from the hustle of daily chores and job searches to stay a few nights with us. Good luck on the New Year and the joys that it will bring you. See you in April for your next stay, and remember the ginger snap cookies to share with the horses and the bread crumbs for the turkeys.