“Highlight of the day!”
Review of Moreton Street Bakery - CLOSED

Moreton Street Bakery
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great coffee & pastries, personal service, bike rack & dog friendly - what more could you ask for? Dropped in for essential break on long cycle loop - very relaxing in shade with magazines to browse.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have watched this business grow over the past couple of years and have been pleased to see it go from strength to strength. In the early stages, there were a few wobbles - long(ish) waits on food, inconsistent service etc. However, I regularly take breakfast or brunch there on the weekends and often bring friends and family along. I haven't had a bad coffee or meal - and I am fairly picky. The service is friendly and relaxed - and now that the secret is out, it can be really busy on weekends. That said, this is a place to relax, take your time and enjoy. The bread is excellent and while the menu isn't overly large, there is more than enough choice. Watch out for the specials - they usually are the best on offer. Coffee is consistently good - ask for an extra shot if you like it on the stronger side.

1  Thank KierenX
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A great spot to have breakfast or lunch - food is always delicious and fresh. Atmosphere is relaxing with views of the bay. Staff are friendly - terrific bakery with great bread and pastries made in house.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have been here twice in the last week. Coffee the first time was burnt. When I asked for a small milkshake for my 7 year old I was told they don't make them. The second time we waited 30 minutes after ordering on a busy morning. We should have been alerted when ordering of the wait. There was no apology. Instead I have been to Goody's over the road....service 5/5. Coffee 5/5

1  Thank nessiemcdonald
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Visited the bakery with friends, who lived in the area, for lunch a few minutes before 2:00pm. A late lunch admittedly.
After having a quick look at the blackboard menu which had some great choices we were informed the kitchen was closed and the only things available were pre-prepared in the glass cabinet. There was one or two savoury choices but mainly sweet. Not exactly what we had in mind.
The sign out the front said open for breakfast and lunch until 3:30pm but the kitchen closes at 2:00 pm???
We drove back into Hervey Bay without tasting what may have been a delightful lunch if the advertising is to be believed. We had an enjoyable lunch at the waterfront instead.

T