“Peace Comfort and Stunning Breakfasts”

Holcombe Guest House
and 1 more site!
Holcombe Guest House
Benirrama, Spain
“Peace Comfort and Stunning Breakfasts”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights here and a very pleasant experience it was. The village is nicely placed for several large towns and with relations dotted around the area was perfect for us.
The rooms are comfortable and all amenities we requires WiFi, coffee making etc were at hand.
The cooked breakfasts were amazing, all that was needed to set you up for the day. Too much for my wife who surrendered after one gargantuan plateful and opted for the continental version.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed 1 night on a cycling trip from Hull to Norwich,Made to feel very welcome by Angie who let us dry our waterproofs in an area of the kitchen. Very secure bike storage at the bottom of the garden.We had a twin room with a good size bathroom, very clean and comfortable.Excellent cooked breakfast in a very pleasant dining room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Belper, Derbyshire
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I don't often do B & B's in the UK. The last one in the Lake District was new and had modern furnishings. This guest house reminded me of my childhood holidays in Cornwall in the 1980's. The decor dated as said in earlier reviews but generally clean and tidy. Friendly host couldn't do enough to help out. Was planning on a travelodge for a one night stay but the price had gone up to £69 for the room. I paid £25 for this room and £5 for breakfast. Can't really complain for those prices. I thought I'd booked en-suite but hadn't! The bathroom though was next to my room and the toilet the next door down. The single room I had was quite spacious and wondered if this could be made into an en-suite room? The floor to ceiling wardrobe would be used by how many guests? There was also 6 large drawers for clothes too! The room had usual items in for a guest house tea making facilities, tv/dvd, sink, small table with lamp on and a chair. Bed was fine and I slept well. I think for the price I paid I was quite happy. I had looked at other more expensive guest houses but needed a place for the night before moving off.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank thefastwalker
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I booked at Holcombe for one night as I needed to be at the nearby Humberside Airport early the following morning. When I arrived, I was greeted at the door by a very welcoming lady. My first impression was that it seemed like a well kept, clean guesthouse. I had emailed on the previous day asking about local taxi services for the following morning to take me to the airport. The lady showed me to my room and then kindly let me know that she would arrange the taxi for me. The room was very clean with a nice comfortable bed. Everything seemed in good working order and I have no complaints at all really. It is likely that I will be visiting Barnetby again soon and I will definitely be staying here again next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed a week. Very good prices with self catering facilities. Free internet - life saver as could skpe family every day/ check e-mails and managed to download movies in the evening on my laptop. At £20 per night ( offer price) the rooms very cleaned every day and had the use of a great power shower. No complaints. and maggie was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the annex building where self catering facilities are
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Booked an ensuite room 19th dec emailed all details which were confirmed by Ajay Vora
Two weeks later the day before we were due to go got a call from Holcombe to say we had been quoted too cheap for the room would we accept an alternative non ensuite,which we refused and cancelled and rebooked elsewhere.

The same evening ensuite rooms were available at the B&B on line with Booking.com.??

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Oldseadog1937
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at this guest house and what a find!! We were put in what the staff called the Annexe with full self catering facilities, fridge, microwave, oven, crockery cutlery. Chip shop next door and shop selling food etc, saved a packet.
Staff cleaned the rooms very well. The shower was a power shower as I hate it when you stand under a trickle that is an excuse for a shower.
Chose to have breakfast at the main house 50 yards away. The £7.50 breakfast included cereal, coffee, toast, full cooked breakfast, yogurt and fruit. It was too much and chose the lighter breakfast the following morning that was everything above but the cooked meal.
The TV was crystal clear with free view. I have got fed up of being away from home and stuck in a guest house with poor telly. I did appreciate the free wi-fi as i could keep in touch with family..
I wrote a comment in the guest book and it is filled with good comments from a lot of people. we were attracted by the great reviews left on booking.com and late rooms and booked direct with the owner.
Would highly recommend it. Slight distance to go if you want to go out for the evening.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Croxton House Bed & Breakfast
Beldon House
Beldon House
#2 of 5 in Brigg

Been to Holcombe Guest House? Share your experiences!