“Wow! Just freakin' WOW!”
Review of Milliken's Reef

Milliken's Reef
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We're staying in Cocoa Beech for a week and sought out a fresh sea food place. We found this via Google Map and drove 30 minutes to get there. The place is divided between a fine dining and an average joe outdoors place. We were dressed in shorts and what-not so choose the outdoors. Great for our little ones who could play in the sand and dance. That was great for them so they didn't get bored or impatient waiting for food to arrive. Not-so-good for adults who are trying to enjoy one another and must talk loudly over the blasting music.

Now, I'm sure our visit on the evening of 06/08/2014 the restaurant wasn't on its best food and I will give them that. That will explain why our appetizers were served and we waited 5 minutes later to get silverware. That explains the impatience of our waiter when I asked for a beer selection which was not printed. That explains why it took well beyond the average for our check to get there, forcing me to catch the waiter to ask him for it as he zipped by.

I can accept the possibility they were understaffed.

What I can't accept are just barely average crab cake appetizers dressed with a bare minimum of tasteless sauce. I got a scallop platter which came with a good amount of grilled (flat not, not open-flame) and some "carribean rice" which was rice pilaf with pieces of orange and pineapple in it. The scallops were overcooked and came with NO sauce and the rice was of less than ample amount. I had to ask for cocktail sauce just so I didn't get one of the dried up scallops stuck in my throat.

Despite the poor service I tipped the guy 20% and that was so I didn't have to fuss with my wife who enjoyed her crab legs and baked potato. In fact she was given an over abundance of crab legs. In fact the waiter informed us there were more in the back for $20 if we wanted it! Ha!

There are newer reviews for Milliken's Reef

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had lunch on a day that was gorgeous, so we sat on the deck and had a great view of the port and the cruise ships. My husband and I both had the lunch special which was blackened grouper and Caribbean rice. The grouper was perfectly seasoned and we both enjoyed it very much. We also liked the rice. Prior to the lunch being served, we were served some very good hush puppies. The only complaint is that my ice water had something floating in it. The waitress apologized and said she would bring me another glass, but she forgot. My husband finally went to the bar to get another glass of water. Very slow at bringing our check also.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A great restaurant to take your spouse or a date foe a very enjoyable evening. This was the first time My wife and I had eaten at this restaurant. We will definitely have a yearly date here.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went out of our way to find Milliken's while driving around Canaveral. The restaurant had a great lunch menu. Crab open face sandwich was heavy with crab. I tried the Thai Cobb Salad. Both lunches were great. The property is right on the waterfront providing an good view of the harbor with pelican's diving for their lunch. Service was great. We will go back.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food was great, I had the flounder with Sweet Potato fries. I dined on the deck with an excellent view of the cape and the cruise terminal. While I was there had the opportunity to see the Disney ship depart the cruise port. I was there on a Monday evening and Ted was the featured entertainment. This guy played guitar and I had my own private concert with my special requests. He was AWESOME!