“Vacation in style”

US$45.00*
and up
Self-Guided Kayaking Manatee and Dolphin Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: A1A Beach Rentals is the leading provider of quality bike, surf, paddlesports and jeep rentals serving the greater Cocoa Beach area. We also provide surfing lessons, kayak tours for manatee and dolphin viewing, stand-up paddleboarding, and guided fishing trips. With our guaranteed lowest rental rates and delivery service, you will be very pleased by the knowledge and service we will provide you. We are your local source to save money on outdoor adventure and escape the crowds.
Merritt Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Vacation in style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have several families from Ohio visiting annually with different vacation desires. With full confidence, I call A 1 Beach Rentals and they deliver canopies for the babies, sturdy beach chairs for big Grandpa, boogie boards for the kids, and a kayak or stand up paddle board for me. I have no shopping, loading, cleaning or storing. Life is GOOD. Thank you A 1 Beach Rentals for simplifying my life..

Visited July 2014

“Local knowledge, Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Need some surfboards and place to go. Rented them there and wanted my own. They sold me some great boards after an amazing weekend of surfing. The will deliver to your hotel or on the beach without a lot of room in car it's a must

Visited August 2014
Fairborn, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Part Of Our Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a great experience with A1A Beach Rentals. With 1 day notice we couldn't get a guided tour anywhere and we thought there was no chance of kayaking. I called them and got 4 kayaks reserved for the morning. The guys at the shop were really nice and Ben who led us to our drop off point was really helpful. We saw quite a few dolphins and stopped at a little spot and saw lots of tiny crabs, horseshoe crabs and jellyfish but near the end of the 4 hour trip was the highlight of the trip. We had a bunch of manatee swimming all around and under our kayaks. When we went to the pick up area we got into the water and had 3-4 manatees swimming up and rubbing up against us. They were amazing and so sweet. It was so hard not to touch them! Our two thirteen yr. old girls were in love with the manatee especially the smallest one! This was an adventure they'll never forget! The only bad part was when I broke one of the paddles! A1A is hopefully going to be a yearly stop off for us. Great service and very reasonable rates. Thanks so much!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Donna-Schneider
Cocoa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kayak Rental”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We rented two kayaks, and they were delivered on time as requested. When we reserved the kayaks, we made a special request to paddle to a site with manatees. We were disappointed that the delivery was without the promised written directions/suggestions for see manatees. Also a seat on the tandem kayak was broken. The kayaks had been dropped off on the ground with no offer of help to get them in the water, or tips for our 9 year old grandson on kayaking. Our half day fee for two kayaks was approx. $100, and so we were disappointed in the service. We are happy to say we still had a great day and found manatees in a canal nearby.

Visited July 2014
a1abeachrentals, Manager at A1A Beach Rentals, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are very pleased that you found manatees. While there is no guarantee of seeing and experiencing specific wildlife, we do consider this a high priority for our guests. Our fees for kayaks are very competitive and include ancillary services such as delivery and pick-up. We strive to ensure that cost is not a limiting factor for our customers and will continue to work on this. It is unfortunate to hear that we disappointed you with a lack of attention at the launch site. We understand that self-guided kayaking requires a bit of pre-trip instruction and help, and it is our objective to ensure that when a customer goes kayaking they are prepared, comfortable, and safe. Thank you for your feedback. We will work to improve in this area.

David
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Dave handled our issue with absolute professionalism. Our trip included a stop at cocoa pier beach where in we rented the most amazing bogie board available on the island from a1a rentals (for only 10$ for mind you!) Only to to have my 16 year old & myself lol forget it at the beach.
Keep in mind this is a top of the line, brand new, bogie board. However, Dave worked with me and I was able to work out a price that I didn't feel like crying about all the way back to STL.
I highly recommend his shop and will continue to do business with him in the future. The staff is awesome as well ;)

1 Thank Heidy A
a1abeachrentals, Manager at A1A Beach Rentals, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Heidy. It is very unfortunate that you had to deal with lost beach gear while on vacation and your understanding of the matter is very appreciated. We look forward to seeing you next time.

David