We stayed at Ron Jon's from 11/2-11/7 with relatives who own a timeshare.
nice tiki bar&friendly bar staff, nice pool area.
Negatives: $25 a day to rent a beach chair/umbrella. At any decent resort you would not PAY for a beach chair. As someone coming from out of state I could not bring a chair with me and it seemed unreasonable to pay $100 for the week to rent a chair and umbrella.
The resort was infested with bees the entire time we were there. I saw numerous people get stung, one being my 4 year old daughter when she was supposed to be having fun on the lazy river. This was an extremely disappointing part of our stay, and luckily no one in our party was allergic to bees-I can't imagine if someone was.
Sales staff/constant tours: We got used the constant flow of people on tour of the resort. One unfortunate incident I was witness to was what I assume to be a supervisor walking thru the pool area, chastising an employee about the tour she had given. He was admonishing her, one part of the conversation I clearly heard was "Now you just gave away a tram ride for free". The employee was clearly uncomfortable and I would have thought these types of discussions would go on behind closed doors. Yes, we know you are trying to sell rooms in your hotel, but as guests it is not something you want/need to know about.
All in all, we did have a fun time more than likely due to the good weather and the company we had.
Consider all the factors above before booking or buying at Ron Jon's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Space Coast adventure, beachfront beauty and the excitement of one of the busiest cruise ports in the world, this resort provides maximum fun, entertainment and relaxation all in one place. Before you ever leave the resort, you'll discover a swimming pool, lazy river and hot tub to soak your cares away. Try the onsite mini golf course, elevated tennis and basketball courts and onsite exercise room. For kids, there's a big indoor play area with an attached child care center, a multi-row movie theater and much more. From the spacious game room to plenty of onsite activities, you won't be lost for things to do. And your roomy accommodations are perfect for settling in and staying a while. With direct beach access, an onsite restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop for souvenirs and incidentals and plenty of activities, you'll never be at a loss for breezy Florida Space Coast fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort Cocoa Beach
- Ron Jon Resort
- Ron Jon Hotel
- Ron Jon Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Fl
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort Florida